Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for everybody in this forum:
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many of you have used spyware?
I'm especially interested in function, which can show me location of my staff, because I do not quite trust them. I find out, that flexispy can do it on the top, but what would you say? If anything, I was watching it on this site http://www.phonespyapps.com/spy-apps-reviews/. It looks like an adequate one.

Poll not found

Comments

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

If you can't trust your staff you either need to work on yourself or find new staff.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
      edited April 2016

If you installed that on my personal phone/computer and I found out, I would no longer be your employee.

Now, if this is a corporate provided phone/computer and you alert me ahead of time that the phone/computer is watched and that it should only be used for business purposes, that is fine, at least then I can put it in airplane mode or turn it off after work hours to avoid you tracking me in my off time, which would just be creepy.

I think there is a bigger problem here though, if you can't trust the people who work for you, they shouldn't be working for you. One of the largest parts of a job is to be trusted and good at it, if you are not trusted, then what motivation do you have to be good at your job? If you truly feel you need to use something like this, you should be looking for employees you actually trust first instead. If the person isn't trustworthy to start then it doesn't matter how much you watch them because they will find a way around it if that is their intentions.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• johnmadboy said: How many of you have used spyware?

Well, I'm sure there's a non-zero number of users who've used Windows 10.

• Either you need to find a new staff or your staff needs to find a new boss.

Also I think installing Spyware on a private mobile device (or any device that belongs to the person, not the company) would get you in trouble.

TheLinuxBug said: Now, if this is a corporate provided phone/computer and you alert me ahead of time that the phone/computer is watched

This is the correct way to do. I use a corporate SIM card that was given for me and they list down each number that I call (A detailed bill) using that SIM card. Also they monitor network traffic from that SIM. So I use a old Nokia 3300 to use that SIM. ;)

If you're handing out Corporate Phones, SIM's, Laptop's (etc...) you can either use a watcher program or a spyware. If you're unsure about your vehicles, tinker a GPS device using some pop board like arduino.

• lootloot Member

Hell, just hope they stayed logged into Google after they leave work. Same thing, but you don't have to do anything extra.

• ATHKATHK Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
      If you installed that on my personal phone/computer and I found out, I would no longer be your employee and I'd sue the shit out of you for breaching my privacy you scum.

Fixed.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
    • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
      edited April 2016

How the heck do you not trust your staff? Do you just randomly go and hire people off the streets? or even worse, off fiverr?

• You should just stop what you're doing in that case clearly you don't have a business strategy or thought process. Also pretty sure it's against the law to spy on people without their permission or knowledge however 'legit' an app looks.

• What provider do you run so I can add it to my blacklist?

• if you're providing them with the computers you want to use the spyware on, then i guess it's ok. As long as you let them know it's on there. But not trusting your employees is a little tough. You should think about finding staff you can trust because otherwise you'll always be looming over them, and nobody likes that kind of work environment. You'll end up stressing them and yourself out

• drendren Member
      edited April 2016

@BunnySpeed said:
      If you can't trust your staff you either need to work on yourself or find new staff.

^ this is my opinion also

• do it openly. randomly take a specific staff and tell to have a google hangout call and share his screen.

Thanked by 1rdes
    • johnmadboyjohnmadboy Member
      edited May 2016

@BunnySpeed said:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request and help me to somehow solve this problem.

Yes, I perfectly understand that trust is the most important point in any relationship. It doesn’t matter whether it is business or trust between sexual partners. I agree with those who said that it is necessary to carefully select the staff for yours company. However, at that time quick decisions were required, and no time was for selection, but now I realized that I need to make some cleanup at the office.

Perhaps you didn’t correctly understand me, because I didn’t fully disclosed the whole situation, why I needed a spy app. So, a couple of weeks ago I saw two my employees in the Starbucks, while I was transported some documents. There are no doubts, that these guys were my employees. And after that my wife called me and said that she had seen my employee with a girl at the cinema. WTF?! I was really angry! So I thought to monitor where they are at the work time.

If I knew that they aren’t on their work place it will be their last day at this work. I promise.
      Thank you all for your help! Have a nice day and be good workers, ha-ha!

• PwnerPwner Member

@johnmadboy said:

@BunnySpeed said:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request and help me to somehow solve this problem.

Yes, I perfectly understand that trust is the most important point in any relationship. It doesn’t matter whether it is business or trust between sexual partners. I agree with those who said that it is necessary to carefully select the staff for yours company. However, at that time quick decisions were required, and no time was for selection, but now I realized that I need to make some cleanup at the office.

Perhaps you didn’t correctly understand me, because I didn’t fully disclosed the whole situation, why I needed a spy app. So, a couple of weeks ago I saw two my employees in the Starbucks, while I was transported some documents. There are no doubts, that these guys were my employees. And after that my wife called me and said that she had seen my employee with a girl at the cinema. WTF?! I was really angry! So I thought to monitor where they are at the work time.

If I knew that they aren’t on their work place it will be their last day at this work. I promise.
      Thank you all for your help! Have a nice day and be good workers, ha-ha!

You're either an insane/paranoid person and I feel sorry for whoever works for you, or you're just such a terrible boss that the only person to blame for your employees' working habits is yourself.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
      edited May 2016

If it's company owned laptops or phones you can use this: https://preyproject.com/

If you want to put spyware on your emplyees devices hire different people that you trust. If you cannot trust emplyees you are doing something wrong.

• OP: You don't have a technology problem; you have a people problem.

Been there, done that, learned most of the lessons.

• johnmadboyjohnmadboy Member
      edited May 2016

@shovenose said:
      If it's company owned laptops or phones you can use this: https://preyproject.com/

If you want to put spyware on your emplyees devices hire different people that you trust. If you cannot trust emplyees you are doing something wrong.

Thnx, but what do you think about this: http://www.phonespyapps.com/mobilemonitor-review
      :?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@johnmadboy said:

@shovenose said:

Thnx, but what do you think about this: http://www.phonespyapps.com/mobilemonitor-review
      :?

No fucking idea

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

johnmadboy said: Thnx, but what do you think about this: http://www.phonespyapps.com/mobilemonitor-review :?

Looks like crap. The footer shows "© 2012-2016 PhoneSpyApps" but domain was registered in 2015.

Indeed, it looks like you could be spamming this intentionally. That, or you are just dumb.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
      edited May 2016

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent