Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for KVM or XEN VPS with 2-4GB RAM, 80GB Space, Locations: UK, France, Germany - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for KVM or XEN VPS with 2-4GB RAM, 80GB Space, Locations: UK, France, Germany

2»

Comments

• BurstNET UK does have "DDOS Protection: CISCO™ GUARD":
    http://www.burstnet.eu/xenvps.shtml

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

Hello @azizbd

We can offer you the following plans ...

1024KVM
    1024MB RAM
    50GB HD RAID 1
    1000GB BW
    $15/month

2048KVM
    2048MB RAM
    100GB HD RAID 1
    2000GB BW
    $25/month

Additional RAM is available.

These are in our UK location.

Let me know if you are interested :)

Regards,
    R. Alkhaili

• I submitted a ticket with burst.net and here's their reply:

1. DDOS Protection (UK):
      "Cisco Guard does protect all of our networks"

2. "routing and network outages" (referring to burst.net UK) :
      "I believe your customer may not have a clear understanding of the TCP/IP network model. Routing from their computer to our datacenter is handled by their end. The IP protocol (in addition to handling addressing) defines all possible traffic routes, and then chooses what it thinks is the best route before being serviced by the data link layer. These routes consist of a myriad of possible transit and peering providers, of which are outside of our network, and are not possible for us to control. As far as internal network outages, we do not have any charts or graphs available client-side, although an outage would be an extremely rare incident."

I'm new in the hosting business and am willing to learn. Being a reseller of burst.net, I'd like to know more about the company/products/services I offer to my clients. Anyone with actual experiences with burst.net are welcome to share and comment.

Thank you

• @hyao said: Anyone with actual experiences with burst.net are welcome to share and comment.

I believe they dropped @Jacob's server and laughed at him in the background when he called, very professional people!

Their network is known to be shit, they have cheap transit and useless peering

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

They also didn't refund the £260 I paid 2 days prior to them dropping my equipment.

And yes, it is false advertising over the cisco guard, they don't have it in the UK.

• hyaohyao Member
    edited February 2013

@Jacob: sorry about your experience.

About "Cisco Guard":

• support ticket replied: "Cisco Guard does protect all of our networks"

• burst.net is an INC 500 Company started in 1991, that's over 20 years in the hosting business

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

started in 1991, that's over 20 years in the hosting business

There wasn't a "webhosting business" or any webhosts in 1991 (probably because there were 0 websites in 1991). Burst spent the 1st 5 years of their existence as a Pennsylvania computer/software retailer.

"And yes, it is false advertising over the cisco guard

Kind of like the summer hosts who say "our data center" and plaster their websites with pictures of OVH's data center, or the hosts who say "unlimited, or [fill in the blanks for any of the other common hosting industry lies]. :P

• @DomainBop said: There wasn't a "webhosting business" or any webhosts in 1991 (probably because there were 0 websites in 1991). Burst spent the 1st 5 years of their existence as a Pennsylvania computer/software retailer.

Thanks for the update regarding burst.net's history.

Are you sure they don't have "Cisco Guard" in their UK location? If it's true, that would be a rather serious matter for burst.net, especially when they not only advertise it but also state in their support tickets as such.

• https://www.qhoster.com/clients/cart.php?gid=10

Custom price via sales@ or Live chat