Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap .ru/.su with btc support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap .ru/.su with btc support

Hi there!

Does anyone knows a good place where I could reg a .ru or .su and pay with BTC?

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Not from a Russian registrar (at least a trustable one) since BTC legality is... dubious in Russia.

Use one of the international registrars which accepts BTC.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Why do you want to use BTC? It won't give you any anonymity, since you need to give your passport details to get a .ru domain anyway.

• GCatGCat Member
    edited April 2016

@rds100 said:
    Why do you want to use BTC? It won't give you any anonymity, since you need to give your passport details to get a .ru domain anyway.

No, you don't have to - at least not when I've bought. Then again I used a pro-anonymity provider

• Nyr said: Not from a Russian registrar (at least a trustable one) since BTC legality is... dubious in Russia.

what your source? vStoike? Answer simple. 95% of folks has no idea about Bitcoin at all. There a 101 method pay locally even from mobile phone credit in seconds

• k0nslk0nsl Member

This wasn't true for the Russian registrars I've used so far.

@rds100 said:
    Why do you want to use BTC? It won't give you any anonymity, since you need to give your passport details to get a .ru domain anyway.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @GCat @k0nsl which registrars will provide .ru domains without passport details, and at what price?

• GCatGCat Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    @GCat @k0nsl which registrars will provide .ru domains without passport details, and at what price?

I have a provider (won't post name public), it costs $18 for .RU anonymously registered

• GCat said: I have a provider (won't post name public), it costs $18 for .RU anonymously registered

Thanks. Good to know that such exists. I won't pay that much, but it could be worth it for some people.

• @GCat said:

@Ole_Juul said:
    @GCat @k0nsl which registrars will provide .ru domains without passport details, and at what price?

I have a provider (won't post name public), it costs $18 for .RU anonymously registered

OP Exchange your BTC to WebMoney/QIWI wallet. Register in QIWI with a virtual number like skype.

Then use R01 or any R01's reseller.

This will go up hardly $4~ at most.

• GCat said: I have a provider (won't post name public), it costs $18 for .RU anonymously registered

Lol they just rip off you dude.

Caster said: OP Exchange your BTC to WebMoney/QIWI wallet.

You're right.

• You have to look at it: HostMy.XYZ

Accept Bitcoin. You do not need to give any information. You can use the TOR Browser.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • 02mia02 said: You do not need to give any information.

Affordable botnet hosting.
    Premium botnet hosting.
    Low Level Phishing hosting.
    Banking Phishing.
    And they have an affiliate offering too. Looks like a great company.

Thanked by 4vedran Caster fitvpn GCat
  • 02mia02 said: You have to look at it: HostMy.XYZ Accept Bitcoin. You do not need to give any information. You can use the TOR Browser.

Do you trust someone with free XYZ? :)

Did you read this?

Please read carefully. Select this else your domain registration will not be processed.
    I acknowledge my domain can be suspended and HostMy cannot be held responsible for domain suspension

• @Ole_Juul This site is not of me. Do not touted as if it belonged to me. If you have a better idea, you write. Russian Federation to be able to register domain names in question must be a citizen. @fitvpn

• @fitvpn said:

02mia02 said: You have to look at it: HostMy.XYZ Accept Bitcoin. You do not need to give any information. You can use the TOR Browser.

Do you trust someone with free XYZ? :)

Did you read this?

Please read carefully. Select this else your domain registration will not be processed.
    I acknowledge my domain can be suspended and HostMy cannot be held responsible for domain suspension

what a waste for such name but the logo is cool lol.

for .ru - according to cctld.ru which controls .ru its clearly mentioned : only for russian citizen with passport.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

02mia02 said: must be a citizen.

Caster said: only for russian citizen with passport.

Nope.

Registration of domains allowed for legal entities and individuals, regardless of whether they are residents of the Russian Federation.

Moreover, the PDF doesn't mention "passport" at all (and I wish this confusion would end already), just that you must provide an identity document, which in different countries may mean various things, e.g. National ID cards, Citizen cards, driver license in the US, etc.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @rm_ said:

02mia02 said: must be a citizen.

Caster said: only for russian citizen with passport.

Nope.

Registration of domains allowed for legal entities and individuals, regardless of whether they are residents of the Russian Federation.

OOo, My bad then.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Or we can just use the English version https://cctld.ru/en/domains/domens_ru/

Thanked by 1GCat

fitvpn said: what your source? vStoike? Answer simple. 95% of folks has no idea about Bitcoin at all. There a 101 method pay locally even from mobile phone credit in seconds

Bitcoin legality in Russia was very disputed some years ago. I don't think there is a clear stance on this and in fact the biggest RU-based BTC exchange (whose owners remain anonymous, by the way) uses zero RU resources (bank accounts, payment gateways, etc).

• Nyr said: RU-based BTC exchange (whose owners remain anonymous, by the way) uses zero RU resources (bank accounts, payment gateways, etc).

BTC can be easy purchased from RU bank account and back. What are you talking about?

Taxes avoid more reasonable reason than hide from BTC.

fitvpn said: BTC can be easy purchased from RU bank account and back. What are you talking about?

Taxes avoid more reasonable reason than hide from BTC.

We can easily purchase Bitcoin in Spain but that's just because it is unregulated. Considering how complex Russian law is, I am pretty sure it can be declared illegal at any moment.

Some Russian officials including the central bank had been very clear about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country#Russia

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2016

Nyr said: I am pretty sure it can be declared illegal at any moment.

Bitcoin not illegal, no one judge you if you transfer Bitcoins. Its your rights, transfer or not transfer. No clear laws. Only if someone found you start sponsoring a bad guys, you will get a troubles

• 02mia02 said: @Ole_Juul This site is not of me. Do not touted as if it belonged to me. If you have a better idea, you write. Russian Federation to be able to register domain names in question must be a citizen. @fitvpn

Calm down. Of course that is not your site. You gave a link (which is a perfectly fine thing to do) and I quoted from the link. If you want to pick a fight you would do better to find somebody that disagrees with you. :)

From what I can find on cctld.ru, the regulations regarding the registration of Russian domain names does not specify Russian citizenship, and in fact appears to make reference to foreign registrants in a number of places. (See rules.) Can you show me differently? It is however, a requirement that you give your passport information. Of course people from other countries are likely to not have a passport unless they engage in international travel, but that's another issue.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited April 2016

Caster said: for .ru - according to cctld.ru which controls .ru its clearly mentioned : only for russian citizen with passport.

This is at odds with what I read elsewhere such as The Coordination Center for TLD RU. Please show where it says that.

Edit to add: Oops, sorry Caster. I see you already retracted that statement. My bad. :)

edited April 2016

Ole_Juul said: Of course people from other countries are likely to not have a passport unless they engage in international travel, but that's another issue.

rm_ said: the PDF doesn't mention "passport" at all (and I wish this confusion would end already), just that you must provide an identity document, which in different countries may mean various things, e.g. National ID cards, Citizen cards, driver license in the US, etc.

Fuck.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited April 2016

rm_ said: Fuck.

Lol. :) I get your point, but I'm absolutely certain I've read a document on an official site which has that specification. I just searched for that page before I my previous post but couldn't find it. I'm not sure what's going on here, but perhaps they're changed their site since. The "official documents" page is clearly under construction (It says "coming soon").

RU-TLD has passport info required on their registration page here https://ru-tld.ru/en/kak-kupit-domen/ An administrator from that company also posted in this forum to say that passport information was a government requirement when I had commented on it. That was recently and you can see the comment at the end of this thread.

Edit:

Computerworld.com has an article about this from when the regulations came in:

anyone who registers a .ru domain will need to provide a copy of their passport or, for businesses, legal registration papers.

There's lots on the net about this. If there are recent changes that's fine, but @rm_ there is no need to be smug about your knowledge of this just because we don't have a clear time line of changes to Russian official documents. Your ipsedixitism notwithstanding. if this government requirement has just been changed, then it is incumbent on you to show us information about that.

edited April 2016

Ole_Juul said: RU-TLD has passport info required on their registration page here https://ru-tld.ru/en/kak-kupit-domen/

Because SURELY a random registrar website has more authority than the official institution handling the ccTLD.

Ole_Juul said: there is no need to be smug about your knowledge of this

I am just mildly disappointed when people don't read what I wrote explaining exactly this topic, and then repeat their mistakes.

• rm_ said: I am just mildly disappointed when people don't read what I wrote explaining exactly this topic, and then repeat their mistakes.

I understand that, but your explanation is incomplete and relies on a single new document with vague language. I gave a link to a Russian company but it's hardly random. There are many more who have this information. Here's another one. There's lots. Perhaps the regulations have changed recently. The changes on cctld.ru would suggest that could be the case. However, your personal assertion is not enough to explain why all those companies out there would have the wrong idea. You are an intelligent person, but that alone does not make you an authority.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2016

rm_ said: I am just mildly disappointed when people don't read what I wrote explaining exactly this topic, and then repeat their mistakes.

Their land is laws, lawyers and all around :)

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Passport is mandatory document for any Russian citizen.

.RU domains are unrestricted. Anyone can register it.

Passport means ID document that is valid in your country.

Passport (ID document) is requirement for a domain registration in .RU zone.

Passport information is usually not verified by registrars, but if you will provide random contact data you can meet some problems in future with registered domain.

• you will not be able to confirm contact data if registrar ask you to do so (they can ask for a verification with accordance to .RU zone rules)

• you will not be able to change random contact data to actual one; naturally domain name which contact data you can't confirm will not belong to you

• domain can be suspended by registrar in case of wrong/fake contact data.

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul vedran