Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an E3, E5, or i7 in Atlanta or Southern/Eastern US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for an E3, E5, or i7 in Atlanta or Southern/Eastern US

NikkiNikki Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

I'm possibly looking to upgrade a dedicated server I have with QuickPacket (unfortunately, it's an awesome server, but L5520s are getting old!)

I'm looking at getting more of a current generation server if possible, depending on the price, etc.

Desired configuration:

E3-1230v3, E5v2/v3, Haswell/Devil's Canyon i7, or better

32GB Memory

2x2TB, 2x512GB SSD, or possibly 2 smaller SSDs and 2 HDDs (SSD is a "best case scenario", I know it'll raise the price a bit)

10 or 20TB on Gbit port with decent bandwidth providers (DDoS Protection not required, but again, a best case scenario)

/28 block of IPv4

Native IPv6 (not required)

It'll host a few gameservers, a personal webserver/website, and of course Paste.ee. Budget is going to be limited, but I'm not going to state it just to see what's out there. Current server is $62.99/m with a Dual L5520, 24GB, 2x1TB, 20TB, and a /29 + /28.

Keep in mind, the current server is entirely run off donations. If I can keep it that way, that'd be great, but if not, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra to get a better server.

Let me know if you have any offers, this isn't something set in stone as I'm still quite happy with the current server, but I'd like to see what I could get. You can also PM me if you don't wish to have the offer made public.

Comments

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited April 2016

I know @MarkTurner or @mikeyur could probably offer something here too ;p

Thanked by 2MarkTurner GCat
  • MadMad Member

Delimiter or QuickPacket. It's better if you contact them directly via support ticket.

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited April 2016

@andreamada said:
    Delimiter or QuickPacket. It's better if you contact them directly via support ticket.

I figured I might open a ticket with QuickPacket. They've been my provider for ~ 4 or 5 years at this point, just not sure they'd be willing to give me a good deal on something like this ;p

That being said, Atlanta isn't a hard requirement, Dallas, Ashburn, etc could be viable alternatives.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Nikki said: I figured I might open a ticket with QuickPacket. They've been my provider for ~ 4 or 5 years at this point, just not sure they'd be willing to give me a good deal on something like this ;p

That being said, Atlanta isn't a hard requirement, Dallas, Ashburn, etc could be viable alternatives.

We have a few systems in stock that we can probably do a pretty good deal on. Please open a ticket or add me on Skype and we'll work something out (user QuickPacket).

Thanked by 1Nikki
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

(4 Cores) Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 - 8GB-32GB RAM - Order Link - $39/mo + Free Setup w/Coupon Code: Xeon50

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited April 2016

@MrRadic Seems a bit steep for the drive upgrades... $69/m just with 32G, which isn't bad, but $20 for the first, and $25 each 2TB after is kind of crazy, I guess I'm used to servers that include a decent drive in the base cost

• Yeah, $39/mo for an E3v3 is nice, but 64gb SSD... come on we're not in 2010 anymore ;) All their servers comes like this... That's what's keeping me away from them even if they have good promos.

• NikkiNikki Member

@FredQc said:
    Yeah, $39/mo for an E3v3 is nice, but 64gb SSD... come on we're not in 2010 anymore ;) All their servers comes like this... That's what's keeping me away from them even if they have good promos.

That promo would be amazing for a simple compute power server, say running gameservers themselves off the hardware only, with little memory/hdd space requirements

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Gotta make money somehow.

Thanked by 2jreeves Nikki

@Nikki said:
    @MrRadic Seems a bit steep for the drive upgrades... $69/m just with 32G, which isn't bad, but $20 for the first, and $25 each 2TB after is kind of crazy, I guess I'm used to servers that include a decent drive in the base cost

You can't have it all.

Thanked by 1jreeves
  • NikkiNikki Member
    edited April 2016

@MrRadic said:

@Nikki said:

You can't have it all.

I didn't mean to come off as unappreciative, rude, or cheap, just something I haven't seen before. Still a nice promo for a basic server, and to fit the specs I'd like to get close to, about $122/m. I'll definitely consider looking at reliablesite's lineup, even if it's not for this specific server.

@Nikki said:

@MrRadic said:

@Nikki said:

You can't have it all.

I didn't mean to come off as unappreciative, rude, or cheap, just something I haven't seen before. Still a nice promo for a basic server, and to fit the specs I'd like to get close to, about $122/m. I'll definitely consider looking at reliablesite's lineup, even if it's not for this specific server.

For a loaded server, try using coupon code RACE40 instead.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2016

QuickPacket for the win! One of the best dedicated providers on LET - fast support, great network, quick HDD changes, IPv4/6 rDNS delegation and sensible IP pricing.

Had me confused with the name though, thought you were @Nekki !

Thanked by 2qps Nikki
  • NikkiNikki Member

@MrRadic said:

Oh wow, that's pretty nice. Brought it down to ~ 104 I believe, which is pretty good.

@Nikki said:

@MrRadic said:

Oh wow, that's pretty nice. Brought it down to ~ 104 I believe, which is pretty good.

Hopefully that will help convince you to come over to the dark side.