Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter CPU upgrade woes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter CPU upgrade woes

2»

Comments

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited April 2016

@hausarzt said:
    My delimiter dedi features slow drives too tough I'm not sure if this was caused by the recent CPU/server upgrade. The server is not using a RAID.

Drop a ticket, normally it's the write cache not being enabled but Brian should be able to help you figure it out

• hausarzthausarzt Member
    edited April 2016

@mikeyur: I think the cache is enabled, see the hdparm flags I posted?
    @pechspilz: Can you post a dd result? What OS are you using?

• hausarzt said: Power Management feature set

Disable this one if you can.

• erkinerkin Member

Wasn't there an option to set mac id of nics? I remember such a possibility long ago. If that's the case delimiter support might share a script with customers to avoid such problems.

• @erkin said:
    Wasn't there an option to set mac id of nics? I remember such a possibility long ago. If that's the case delimiter support might share a script with customers to avoid such problems.

They might be re-using the old hardware, which might cause duplicate MACs to show up on their network. Pretty sure DHCP doesnt like that one bit.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • @broom300 said:
    DO NOT use delimiter.com / delimiter. Their customer service is apalling. They will cancel your account at any time, for any reason. I was deemed a "risk" and cancelled within 1 minute because I used my initials in my account profile.

I guess no one wants to deal with people who have trouble reading and are being pain in the ass to them for issues themselves create, oh and on top of that post these issues on public forum hijacking other threads! As some would say, dodged a bullet.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Makenai said: I guess no one wants to deal with people who have trouble reading and are being pain in the ass to them for issues themselves create, oh and on top of that post these issues on public forum hijacking other threads! As some would say, dodged a bullet.

The user in question has been banned for compulsive rant spamming in many threads. His content (not valuable) has been deleted as well. Just to explain your quote... ;-)

Thanked by 2netomx Makenai