Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting a business in high school -- opinion? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting a business in high school -- opinion?

13»

Comments

• I had a good laugh. Thank you.
    Never met a retired entrepreneur in high school before. ;D

Don't try to be cool, just freelance a little if you must.
    I can just tell you now that you are nowhere near as good as you think you are.

Maybe get a girlfriend first.

• @ztec said: Maybe get a girlfriend first.

I don't think that will help at all to learn more :p (Atleast not about programming)

• ztecztec Member
    edited February 2013

@taronyu said: I don't think that will help at all to learn more :p (Atleast not about programming)

If he gets one now it wont interrupt real progress later.

Still, if you're all about money you don't go in the programming business.

• @taronyu said: I don't think that will help at all to learn more :p (Atleast not about programming)

._.

• @ztec said: If he gets one now it wont interrupt real progress later.

Still, if you're all about money you don't go in the programming business.

I don't see why a girlfriend should interrupt any progress.

• @taronyu said: I don't see why a girlfriend should interrupt any progress.

Because a girlfriend is way more fun than nerding around. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@taronyu said: I don't see why a girlfriend should interrupt any progress.

That's why you get one before you get serious about anything, because you don't see it. We never do. Nothing prepares you for women besides women ;)

• @jarland said: That's why you get one before you get serious about anything, because you don't see it. We never do. Nothing prepares you for women besides women ;)

This guy gets it.

• "Still, if you're all about money you don't go in the programming business.

I disagree. If you're a programmer who is all about money you get a job at Microsoft or Apple and learn how to steal ideas from open source programmers and file bogus patent claims about Linux developers.

• @DomainBop said: I disagree. If you're a programmer who is all about money you get a job at Microsoft or Apple and learn how to steal ideas from open source programmers and file bogus patent claims about Linux developers.

The things you describe aren't the job of a programmer. There's good money in programming but I think if you really want to get rich you have to take all matters in your own hands.

• @flam316 I ran web development business back in high school. At that time the concept of small businesses launching a website was beginning to take off and by living in a small town, I had the perfect market to step into. A family member who was an attorney did the paperwork to form a corporation (liability protection) and I functioned as an employee of that corporation. Solely running a web development business was not that difficult since the corporation would enter the contract and email messages did not require an immediate response. Web hosting is a different story and while I did start to host the websites developed in college, I would recommend against it. Enjoy this time to be a student and tinker with technology instead of a fixing server outage at 2am in the morning eight hours before an exam...

• @bluebit said: Enjoy this time to be a student and tinker with technology instead of a fixing server outage at 2am in the morning eight hours before an exam

At this point you should always be with 2 or more people.