Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New vStoike - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The New vStoike

2»

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

@vStoike Hi, the first welcome aboard! The second, any tasty LET offers, something like your former delegate @jamaica used to do before ;) ?

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Nyr said: It's interesting because not all the censorship is applied, but some drug-related content is partially blocked at the network level. For example, I can connect on port 80 to a censored site with HSTS but no way I can negotiate TLS over 443.

There is no law obliging data centers to block or restrict access to certain websites in Russia and we definitely don't do that. If you experience any problems with access to some content on the web - just open a ticket and we will find out what the problem is.

@info_hash said:
    BTC support?

No, unfortunately we do not support BTC.

@bersy said:
    @vStoike Hi, welcome aboard! The second, any tasty LET offers, something like your former delegate @jamaica used to do before ;)

Hi! We are glad to be here! We have already posted one interesting offer to LEB, just wait a little bit for it to be published ;)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

There is no law obliging data centers to block or restrict access to certain websites in Russia and we definitely don't do that. If you experience any problems with access to some content on the web - just open a ticket and we will find out what the problem is.

If you don't block, looks like some of your upstreams do, because I have experienced the censorship immediately after sites entered the blocklist. An example of a website blocked recently which was previously accesible is erowid.org. See for yourself:

# curl -I http://www.erowid.org/
    HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:40:38 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

# curl -I https://www.erowid.org/
    curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.erowid.org:443

I have experienced this with other sites but mention this one in particular because the owners have confirmed that there aren't restrictions on their end.

• vStoike said: No, unfortunately we do not support BTC.

Thanks. Plan for support in the future, be it using a third party service for that?

var Gravatar={my_hash:'',profile_cb:function(){},init: function(){}}Nyr said: If you don't block, looks like some of your upstreams do, because I have experienced the censorship immediately after sites entered the blocklist. An example of a website blocked recently which was previously accesible is erowid.org. See for yourself:

Thank you for the information. We have already contacted our uplinks and will investigate on this. We will keep you updated on this issue.

var Gravatar={my_hash:'',profile_cb:function(){},init: function(){}}info_hash said: Plan for support in the future, be it using a third party service for that?

Today BTC doesn't have clear legal status in Russia, maybe we will support it in the future, but it depends on Russian law.

edited May 2016

snip

• praveenpraveen Member

I like that one.. cool design! congrats @vStoike

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

vStoike said: Just wanna tell you that we started a sale of dedicated servers.

Advertising of dedi must not exceeded $49, isn't?

var Gravatar={my_hash:'',profile_cb:function(){},init: function(){}}fitvpn said: Advertising of dedi must not exceeded $49, isn't?

Well, yes, you are right, sorry for that, forgot community rules, just wanted to share good news. Wont happen again.

edited May 2016

@praveen said:
    I like that one.. cool design! congrats @vStoike

Thank you!

Thanked by 1StevenN

Nyr said: If you don't block, looks like some of your upstreams do, because I have experienced the censorship immediately after sites entered the blocklist. An example of a website blocked recently which was previously accesible is erowid.org. See for yourself:

Hello!
    We have solved this issue. One of our uplinks was really filtering our traffic against the law. We have resolved this problem and now everything should work fine.
    Thank you again for pointing out this issue!

edited May 2016

Nyr said: If you don't block, looks like some of your upstreams do, because I have experienced the censorship immediately after sites entered the blocklist. An example of a website blocked recently which was previously accesible is erowid.org. See for yourself:

Hello!
    We have solved this issue. One of our uplinks was really filtering our traffic against the law. We have resolved this problem and now everything should work fine.
    Thank you again for pointing out this issue!

• natalyanatalya Member

@vStoike said: One of our uplinks was really filtering our traffic against the law.

So you are saying you do not obey Роскомнадзор? Business customers need to follow, if I am not wrong. TTK and RT enforce Roskomnadzor.

vStoike said: Hello! We have solved this issue. One of our uplinks was really filtering our traffic against the law. We have resolved this problem and now everything should work fine. Thank you again for pointing out this issue!

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has indeed been resolved.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited May 2016

@Nyr There are a few databases maintaining the lists of the sites know to be blocked.

1. http://eais.rkn.gov.ru/en/
    2. https://antizapret.info/
    3. http://reestr.rublacklist.net/

The first one is a Roskomnadzor's registry. The two other are not affiliated with the state or any govt organizations and are run by individuals.

You can query any site name which seem to you to be blocked and learn if there was an order from some state department to restrict it (which all ISPs should obey) or if the restriction have already been cancelled.

Thanked by 1Nyr

@kingpin Yeah, I'm well aware of them, that's how I checked in the first place :)

@natalya said:

@vStoike said: One of our uplinks was really filtering our traffic against the law.

So you are saying you do not obey Роскомнадзор? Business customers need to follow, if I am not wrong. TTK and RT enforce Roskomnadzor.

We do obey local law of course. I dont know what you mean by "business customer" here but relationship between telecom operators are strict - Uplink cant filter downlink if downlink didnt asked(in agreement) for it. Plus we, as an ISP, dont obliged to filter datacenters and datacenters dont obliged to filter Hosting clients. Hostings/small data-centers dont even have telecom license so they are not considered as "telecom operator" (Оператор связи)

Thanked by 2rm_ Nyr

Hi everyone,

Just wanna share some good news for the community - we have lauched an affiliate program! Now you can make up to 10% per sale with us! Hope it will be interesting for our old customers and anyone who wants to make some money)

You can join right now: https://secure.vstoike.ru/affiliates/

Thanked by 1ManofServer

Thanks for the link! We have just answered in that topic, hope it will clarify our position about that.

• lionlion Member
    edited November 2016

@vStoike said:
    money)

I thought just russians in video games do this.

• @lion said:

@vStoike said:
    money)

I thought just russians in video games do this.

lmaoooooooo