Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Espace2001 changing nameservers - any idea?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Espace2001 changing nameservers - any idea?

So I've registered and managed a few domains in my time, and changing nameservers across has always been a pretty simple task regardless of the registrar: change a couple of textboxes, press ok, wait a few hours and then all done!

I've recently bought a domain through espace2001 and can't for the life of me get it to point at cloudflares nameservers. Anybody got experience of this??

First of all they run 2 control panels, one WHMCS and one virtualmin, both for managing dns. I've tried to configure both of these to point to the same primary/secondary NS but neither change seems to propagate even after 48 hours. Support's only reply was to resend me an email with my credentials - i.e. not particularly helpful.

TL;DR - anybody know a foolproof way to configure nameservers on a domain registered with Espace2001????

Many thanks
James

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2016

Do a WHOIS on the domain and see what nameservers are on show at the registry, that might help see if any changes were pushed there.

• whois still points to espace's nameservers

• i think you would need to check the dns zone using webmin, check if you're not being pushed there by default. You can edit the ns and A records for the domain there so you should be good

• They don't provide support?

• overclockwiseoverclockwise Member
    edited April 2016

No support - I've had it configured like this for a couple of days but no luck. SOA (which i believe should indicate primary NS) still points to espace, and doesn't seem to be directly editable :(

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited April 2016

You'll need to open a support ticket with them. It's entirely possible that they manually go to the registrar and update your DNS records for you (as is the case for .ca, they go through Canspace).
    Their team likely didn't see your update in the panel(s), and may take up to 2-3 days even in the ticket. Just be persistent.

Thanked by 1overclockwise