Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 Euro Dedicated Server (Xeon with RAID1) - WHT - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

20 Euro Dedicated Server (Xeon with RAID1) - WHT

2»

Comments

• I also got their cheapest one.

So far I have had communication with Nick and Maikel and both are quite awesome!
    Answering all my questions honestly.

But installing a RAID configuration would have costed 50€.

Has anyone tried setting up a RAID 1 after the installation of the server?
    I dont want to ask for a reinstall tomorrow :P

• I have requested software raid 1 on the order form of i3d but it was not installed.After opening a ticket thay have reinstalled the os with soft raid1 without a charge.

• Hm.. latency to my server is quite weird.

It seemed like they assigned a wrong IP to my server, a ping to this IP got me 35ms.
    However, after they changed the IP of the server I had a ping of 24ms, today the ping is back at 36ms. However, not bad at all.

According to Nick he would not want to install me the RAID 1 for free :P
    And I am not going to pay 50€ for something on a server that costs me 20€ / month.

• I got 28Ms stable up to 29Ms but not more.

• I think 50Euros?

If you want us to reinstall the server with software RAID; we charge a one time fee of 10 euro (excluding VAT)

• Where do you have this from? :D

• Well.. :( For me there is the 50 euro rule.

I followed this guide:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set-up-software-raid1-on-a-running-system-incl-grub2-configuration-debian-squeeze

And now I have a working raid 1 :)

I have compared his fdisk -l and df -h outputs with mine and used his commands accordingly, but all in all it was quite easy.

Just a bit of a heart attack every time i rebooted the server but in the end it worked.

• xD it try it

• So 10€ seems to be very cheap for preventing heart attacks.

• 10Euro + VAT ;P

• @BronzeByte said: Sarcasm or for real?

for real.