Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which location do you guys think is the most friendly for english blogging?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

which location do you guys think is the most friendly for english blogging?

VMVPSVMVPS Member
edited February 2013 in General

After contacting with admin of leb with several times to be a coaurthor without any response. i am planning to start blogging with english version of vmvps.com(a chinese blog as long as ~ 1year and a half) with another domain.

the first thing i met is which location do you think is the most friendly to u.s. and europe readers, of course, with speed and stability respect.

Comments

• NickONickO Member
    edited February 2013

@VMVPS said: the first thing i met is which location do you think is the most friendly to u.s. and europe readers, of course, with speed and stability respect.

It really depends. East Coast will be good for US, Europe and areas around there and West Coast is good for the US and Oceania/Asia.

You should be alright in any US location.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You could always throw a CDN in the mix to fix problem areas.

• If your aim is mainly US, probably Chicago/KC/Dallas.

• For a blog it wouldn't matter that much. It should work well anywhere in USA/Europe.

• Definately UK/NL. Most of cable landing points are there for US/EU/Asia

• @rds100 said: For a blog it wouldn't matter that much. It should work well anywhere in USA/Europe.

This. I doubt latency or bandwidth throughput will matter much.

• @jaakka but it seems that us is better then euro for asia.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

US will be better. Kansas City is good; we can offer VPS there :) I've also tried to contact LowEndBox/Talk about helping write posts but I've been ignored.

• chicago or kansas city would be good to cover all of the us, while new york is good for eu as well

pm me if i may be able to help with the blog

• English blogging? To be completely honest, I'd suggest Canada.

• @VMVPS said: After contacting with admin of leb with several times to be a coaurthor without any response.

@Shovenose said: I've also tried to contact LowEndBox/Talk about helping write posts but I've been ignored.

@Chief isn't some kind of magical blog writer, he is a nice guy that wanted to help people on low budget out. He first had to start all on his own, but people like @Liam @Infinity and MANY more wanted to help. Look where we are now: many writers, helpdesk for both hosting companies and the writers to submit their text and a full grown community forum.

@Chief has created something beatiful, almost gave up, but he did it: get it rolling without his attendance further needed.

We should all respect the time @Chief has taken, or we won't be here right now. I suggest all of you the same: first start on your own and dedicate some time to it until people see its value and want to help.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2013

@BronzeByte said: @Chief isn't some kind of magical blog writer, he is a nice guy that wanted to help people on low budget out. He first had to start all on his own, but people like @Liam @Infinity and MANY more wanted to help. Look where we are now: many writers, helpdesk for both hosting companies and the writers to submit their text and a full grown community forum.

You just showed how little you know about LEB, Chief didn't even start it.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: You just showed how little you know about LEB, Chief didn't even start it.

I said Chief but meant LEA

• "which location do you guys think is the most friendly for english blogging?"

France O:-)

• @BronzeByte I have no offense about Chief. and what I want to do is just to begin something new. As a blogger, I know how annoying keeping posting regularly. And I am highly grateful about the work he done.

@jarland u r right about CDN. But I really want to focus on posting what i want. and cdn is only needed when readers reports about the speed.

• @VMVPS said: u r right

Maybe that's why you can't be a writer?

• @Ishaq come on man. i am posting via mobile phone at home...

• @VMVPS said: @Ishaq come on man. i am posting via mobile phone at home...

Ok..

• @VMVPS said: the first thing i met is which location do you think is the most friendly to u.s. and europe readers, of course, with speed and stability respect.

The server location isn't too important, however East Coast USA/Western Europe (as people have already stated) are good ideas.

If I were you, I'd have all images/static content on a seperate subdomain with cloudflare infront of it. Therefore, you get the CDN goodness of CloudFlare without their javascript 'optimisation' bloat.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Anywhere in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

That's the only true English speaking country after all.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@VMVPS said: i am posting via mobile phone at home...

Will you also post the offers or reviews on that site? :D

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@Chan said: Dewlance? Seriously?

I must tell some ppl in China just love offer like theirs.

• @Chan Can you please show me more about your opinion. I can see nothing from comments of neither this post nor the offer page.

• ChanChan Member
    edited February 2013

@VMVPS said: Can you please show me more about your opinion. I can see nothing from comments of neither this post nor the offer page.

I would have redirected you to webhostingfail but since it's gone now, well.... (they had a rather long list of stuff about Dewlance)
    For now, do a bit of Google and have a look at old posts here perhaps?

I'm sure you'll be able to find more negative reviews/posts of them if you take a look
    If I remember correctly, they do these kind of things (plus some others):

• "Fake" Fiverr review
    • Did a copyright claim on a Youtube video which mocked the fake "fiverr" review he posted originally
    • Using eBay harddrives which broke upon arrival then blamed the DC for it
    • Attempted to sue WebHostingFail for writing negative comments about them
    • Attempted to sue customers for writing bad reviews
    • Possibly writing bad reviews of other providers (I didn't see actual proof myself though)
    • Possibly asked for DDoSes on HF on other providers

/s possibly sue me for writing this

If I were you, I wouldn't recommend Dewlance to save my own reputation

• @Chan Thanks for your reply. and I have added your sources to the orginal post. More opinions about my blog are appreciated.