Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Selection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Selection

sanch21sanch21 Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

I have 4 websites with total 40000 visits per day traffic. I am looking for right kind of server. Until now everything was hosted on godaddy VPS server but it is very costly. I am looking for cheaper options.
Asia or India based server preferred as websites are for indian audience.
Do let me know config to choose and costings :)

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Which location and specs do you need for your VPS?

• @david Thank you for quick response. Preferred location is India and Can u please suggest the suitable config as well for this traffic. If you need more details, let me know.

• You should go with a European server. France, Germany, UK and the Netherlands will give you good pings from India. Asian servers will be expensive and I think you will get worse pings to far east servers than EU ones.

Before we can suggest a server we need to know what the specs of your current server are?

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanch21 said:
    @david Thank you for quick response. Preferred location is India and Can u please suggest the suitable config as well for this traffic. If you need more details, let me know.

What configuration are you using and how much are you paying for it? Is Godaddy providing managed service or are you managing it yourself? Are the specs that you currently have good enough to run your websites?

• Your current server specs? Your budget? Do you need a managed server or can you manage the server yourself? What kind of sites are they? WordPress/any other CMS? Any caching setups installed on the server?

• @sanch21 said:
    I have 4 websites with total 40000 visits per day traffic.
    Asia or India based server preferred as websites are for indian audience.
    Do let me know config to choose and costings :)

I would say, hop onto DigitalOcean SG. I manage a server that has 2-5k views /day, DO is pretty fine, since we just throw it behind CloudFlare. Target audiences' country is India and surrounding countries.