Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime IP change notification (mass email)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime IP change notification (mass email)

user123user123 Member
edited April 2016 in Providers

I received this email from VPSDime. @serverian - there is a typo (I believe the date should read May 3, not April 3?), but I will share the email in case it got caught by any LETers' spam filter:

Hello yousosexyLETuser,

You are receiving this email as you have active service with us on a node that is relevant to this notification.

Due to the consolidation and upgrades we have been doing in our Dallas location, we will be renumbering your VPS's IP address to our own IP ranges for better control and abuse handling. To ease the transition, we are providing your new IP address now, and this IP address is fully functional and available for your use immediately.

We know this may cause some inconvenience and we are sorry for that. However, we also have some pretty good news for you.

Once the renumbering is done, we are going to migrate your VPS's to our newest nodes with RAID10 storage with enterprise SSDs, faster CPUs and 10Gbps networking to improve your overall performance.

As a thank you for your support and being an awesome customer, we are also going to upgrade your VPS's memory to 768MB, all free of charge.

This IP renumbering is affecting your VPS: vps.yousosexy.yes - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Your new main IP address is yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.

Your VPS's main IP address has been changed to the IP address mentioned above.

We are going to remove the old IP(s) from your VPS on Tuesday, April 3, 2016. This provides you with a 15 day window to reconfigure your DNS settings and any other applications that depend on the old IP(s). We apologize that we would not be able to provide a further extension for this action, however if you find yourself unable to complete this within 15 days, please get in touch with us and we will do what we can to assist.

The IPv6 addresses have been removed from your VPS's as well. We are going to assign you new /64 subnets from our own space on April 3, 2016 in order to provide you better control of network.

We are committed to providing you with the best value for your money, and always working to improve even further. We thank you for your understanding and your continued business.

Should you have any questions/comments regarding this IP renumbering, please do not reply this email as it has been sent from an outgoing-only box, and instead open a support ticket in your client area and we will be happy to discuss further.

Regards,
VPSDime Team 

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

15 days isn't a LOT Of time, but being able to use both IPs simultaneously at least makes it easier.

• Seems to be a rolling maintenance they are doing. I got my notification back on March 3rd.

• @rpollestad said:
    Seems to be a rolling maintenance they are doing. I got my notification back on March 3rd.

Maybe we're on different nodes

@serverian your updated email still says "We are going to assign you new /64 subnets from our own space on April 3, 2016 in order to provide you better control of network." But, I don't think you need to send out another update email - people should be able to figure it out (the few people that read update emails :P).

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited April 2016

Quoted version:

Hello yousosexyLETuser,

You are receiving this email as you have active service with us on a node that is relevant to this notification.

Due to the consolidation and upgrades we have been doing in our Dallas location, we will be renumbering your VPS's IP address to our own IP ranges for better control and abuse handling. To ease the transition, we are providing your new IP address now, and this IP address is fully functional and available for your use immediately.

We know this may cause some inconvenience and we are sorry for that. However, we also have some pretty good news for you.

Once the renumbering is done, we are going to migrate your VPS's to our newest nodes with RAID10 storage with enterprise SSDs, faster CPUs and 10Gbps networking to improve your overall performance.

As a thank you for your support and being an awesome customer, we are also going to upgrade your VPS's memory to 768MB, all free of charge.

This IP renumbering is affecting your VPS: vps.yousosexy.yes - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Your new main IP address is yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.

Your VPS's main IP address has been changed to the IP address mentioned above.

We are going to remove the old IP(s) from your VPS on Tuesday, April 3, 2016. This provides you with a 15 day window to reconfigure your DNS settings and any other applications that depend on the old IP(s). We apologize that we would not be able to provide a further extension for this action, however if you find yourself unable to complete this within 15 days, please get in touch with us and we will do what we can to assist.

The IPv6 addresses have been removed from your VPS's as well. We are going to assign you new /64 subnets from our own space on April 3, 2016 in order to provide you better control of network.

We are committed to providing you with the best value for your money, and always working to improve even further. We thank you for your understanding and your continued business.

Should you have any questions/comments regarding this IP renumbering, please do not reply this email as it has been sent from an outgoing-only box, and instead open a support ticket in your client area and we will be happy to discuss further.

Regards,
    VPSDime Team

• loydloyd Member
    edited April 2016

Heads-up for VPSdime users. Got notification about mass IP renumbering that should take effect on May 3 and in meantime we would have two IPs - old and new one.

Turns out outgoing IPs are new ones starting immediately today. They should have left old IPs as main and switch them on May 3 when everyone is done changing and propagating DNS ...

When reporting this to VPSdime, they argue we should bind to particular IP not rely on primary IP, so I don't think they will fix it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

k

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • loydloyd Member
    edited April 2016

Situation got bit of drama when I wrote When purchasing a single static IP container, nobody anticipates the host be so incompetent as changing primary IP without advance notice. - container I manage for a friend got instantly suspended for support abuse. Seriously? Break my container then suspend it when I dare to be frustrated about it?

They were fair enough to let me download tar.gz of VPS.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Well deserved your service termination. "incompetent" is a not a word you use with let providers. You are not paying enough for the patience. :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

This is the second thread about the same topic.

Edit: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1654265/#Comment_1654265

@jarland maybe they should be merged?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Merged.

• @loyd said:
    Situation got bit of drama when I wrote When purchasing a single static IP container, nobody anticipates the host be so incompetent as changing primary IP without advance notice. - container I manage for a friend got instantly suspended for support abuse. Seriously? Break my container then suspend it when I dare to be frustrated about it?

They were fair enough to let me download tar.gz of VPS.

I'm sure there is more to the story. VPSDime is one of the best providers out there. Mind you take a screenshot of that support ticket and paste it here?

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2016

loyd said: But he was planning to move project to real hosting company who actually charges enough to pay bills anyway.

The product you had was our exclusive birthday special for LET members which is running for loss every month, to show our gratitude. (512MB memory, 7GB RAID1 SSD space, 2TB traffic, IPv4 + IPv6 all for a whopping $7.00 USD per year) We have sold over a thousand of these services. The VPS's have been running more than 1.5 years with little to no issues.

VPSDime brand was hand crafted for the low end community and even we are out of this market, we still didn't change the prices. And as I said this product was a simple thank you for giving me the inspiration to build a brand like VPSDime.

If doing something like this makes us not a "real" hosting company. Let be it, we don't want to be in the "real" game where you guys are just numbers on the books.

P.S: Very nice of you to edit your post multiple times to change your story and then to remove your "I guess I've deserved it" once you are done downloading your backup.

• @serverian said:

Keep up the great service you provide, my services with you have been amazing :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@serverian said:

Hey, Welcome Back?, Keep it up.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Long time no see @serverian. :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • loydloyd Member

P.S: Very nice of you to edit your post multiple times to change your story and then to remove your "I guess I've deserved it" once you are done downloading your backup.

The story stays same between edits, my observations and potentially unrelated comments were removed. Host changes primary IP same day as notification, customer complains, host suspends service. Still credited you for giving opportunity to grab backup. You may also appreciate I posted quote of my most negative comment here, which worked well for you.

If I were outright rude without reason, it would be understandable. Someone you never met called you incompetent after you broke his container, are you so insecure that you have to go on power-trip? Service up to now was flawless, if you were not so conceited, I may have been your fan as well.

• TionTion Member

Thing is you were rude and unlike big companies where they have dozens of people getting paid just to get shit from the customers you can have the owner giving support in smaller ones who might has no problem terminating the contract if he doesn't like you.
    Still don't understand why so many people are so rude to support. It's not like they will work harder on your problem if you insult them.

Thanked by 2jar Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@loyd said:

The story stays same between edits, my observations and potentially unrelated comments were removed. Host changes primary IP same day as notification, customer complains, host suspends service. Still credited you for giving opportunity to grab backup. You may also appreciate I posted quote of my most negative comment here, which worked well for you.

If I were outright rude without reason, it would be understandable. Someone you never met called you incompetent after you broke his container, are you so insecure that you have to go on power-trip? Service up to now was flawless, if you were not so conceited, I may have been your fan as well.

Had you not been a dick, you'd have held the moral high ground, but clearly you decided that wasn't for you.

Thanked by 2ryanarp Damian
  • loydloyd Member
    edited April 2016

@Tion said:
    Still don't understand why so many people are so rude to support. It's not like they will work harder on your problem if you insult them.

It's same reason why some feel the need to be rude to me here. Yet have to meet saint who does not get upset with others.

@Nekki said:
    Had you not been a dick, you'd have held the moral high ground, but clearly you decided that wasn't for you.

No Nekki, I would not have high ground here on LET. First it was information with intent to let people know their emails will bounce. Then in process I got canned. So far nobody from local fanclub argued legitimacy of my frustration (yes, it's normal to abruptly change primary IP because this and that), everyone focuses on my conduct. The thing is folks, when it comes to conduct, who here is without sin among you throw the stone.

And btw., although this was not my intention, more we squabble, the more people will find this on Google. I will move on if you will.

• @serverian to be frank this 7$ / year vps for me is having better uptime than few others which I pay maybe 7$ per month. Really appreciate your good service on all your brands!

• @loyd said:

What you missed to include here is that you've insulted my staff on your first ticket message as well. This hasn't got you suspended as a courtesy and your tickets are replied within minutes with proper language. Then you kept insulting her on your next reply which is why you have gotten let go.

Your main IP has changed at the same time of the email: "Your VPS's main IP address has been changed to the IP address mentioned above." We haven't just changed our minds and replaced the IP after some time.

If you had simply opened a ticket and asked if you can have your old IP set as main IP for your application to continue working without insulting us, then you'd have gotten your solution in the next minute.

Further, you weren't even supposed to be able to send email as this product is sold with mail ports blocked. (Then we have removed the blocks and throttled the SMTP connections to provide a more complete product without announcing this.) Quote from the offer thread: "Mail ports are blocked. So, you'd need to use a third party API to send emails like Mandrill. Mandrill comes with free 12K emails per month."

I'm sorry. I believe in courtesy before business. If you don't get the hint and continue to insult us after being smartly warned, then we don't have time for you. Life is too short, you know?

• I have a vps from VPSDime too. Good service, very good uptime, without any problem until today! Thank you Serverian! I wish you good luck to your business!

Thanked by 2ryanarp serverian
  • hoping that theyll do another this year too.. at a different location

• loydloyd Member
    edited April 2016

@serverian said:
    What you missed to include here is that you've insulted my staff on your first ticket message as well. This hasn't got you suspended as a courtesy and your tickets are replied within minutes with proper language. Then you kept insulting her on your next reply which is why you have gotten let go.

So in first ticket I stated You are a disappointment. Does it insult you when customer is disappointed ? Did I hurt your feelings ?

Let me rephrase then: VPSdime owner changed primary IPs without notice and then banned the customer for hurting his feelings by calling him disappointment and incompetent.

Btw. why even bring up no-email restriction when you changed TOS long since then ?

Lesson learned. Don't bother with "companies" where owner and his ego are working customer support.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

^^ someone above got a big head!

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2016

@loyd said:

@serverian said:

So in first ticket I stated You are a disappointment. Does it insult you when customer is disappointed ? Did I hurt your feelings ?

Let me rephrase then: VPSdime owner changed primary IPs without notice and then banned the customer for hurting his feelings by calling him disappointment and incompetent.

Btw. why even bring up no-email restriction when you changed TOS long since then ?

Lesson learned. Don't bother with "companies" where owner and his ego are working customer support.

Stop twisting facts.

You've called the company a disappointment. Not me. And when you're disappointed, you say you are disappointed. Calling someone that they are a disappointment is not the same as being dissappointed and you know this.

Your main IP has been changed with the notice in the email. Are you even reading my responses? Or you're reading them like you read the email?

There was no TOS change about this particular product. Where are you getting this idea from? The product is sold without mail capabilities. You weren't even supposed to use it as a mail server at all to begin with.

You haven't configured your mail server to use an IP and then once the main IP has changed your email server has failed to send email due to SFP record issue as you mentioned. Which shouldn't be even work to begin with.

We have simply pointed this out that you should run services like an email server with the outgoing IP binded and got insulted by you again.

You're here just to argue.

You changed your post to hide your hate for low end companies: "But he was planning to move project to real hosting company who actually charges enough to pay bills anyway." because you have gone with another low end provider immediately after you change your DNS records.

You said you deserved what you got and once you are done downloading your backup, you've removed that.

You were asked for your PayPal ID for a full refund of the whole year as well in the same reply saying you are being let go which you've replied with saying you didn't want it and considered it as pocket change once you're done downloading your backup. You have decided to hide this as well to make your case more powerful.

Now once everything you done failed, you're here to try to get me angry and make statements that you think would hurt our reputation if a potential customer reads your twisted comments.

You are missing the point here. Let me make it clear. We don't want customers like you. We don't want customers who think that they have right to insult the company they receive service with. And we certainly don't want customers who would still believe what you write here after so many explanation.

We want customers who are fair and treat other human beings as they should.

Thanked by 3FredQc black rds100
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@serverian,

Thank you for the awesome service! I use Winity, Backupsy and VPSDime. Couldnt be happier with your service.

• Thanks @loyd and @serverian for this LowEndDrama. To show my gratitude, I'm going to swing over to one of @serverian's brands and buy myself another new VM for idling purposes.

Since @loyd isn't using it, can I have his $7/y VM? giggles

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    I'm going to swing over to one of @serverian's brands and buy myself another new VM for idling purposes.

That's redundant. Why else would you get a VPS?

• Very true @user123! Since the following would only apply to PCs at home/office: