Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$30 Dedicated Server offers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$30 Dedicated Server offers?

Comments

• MiguelQMiguelQ Member
    edited February 2013

@RyanD said: if it's a requirement I can make it happen :)

You mentioned that the network is the same. Do you have specifics about the network setup there? For instance, if -when- something BAD happens @55, @34 would be operational from a network POV?

• @MiguelQ

55<->34 has a darkfiber ring connecting the two facilities
    55 has connections to nLayer and Cogent onsite. Qwest/Centurylink POP in suite.
    34 has Abovenet/Zayo, nLayer, Atrato, and Cogent pop's on-site in our carrier area.
    34 has darkfiber diverse path ring w/Adva DWDM back to our Fiber-POP @ 56 Marietta MMR
    34 has darkfiber point to point leg to 180 Peachtree Equinix for 10G Abovenet links.

34 Is our primary pop.

• RyanDRyanD Member
    edited February 2013

@MiguelQ

Actually a box in C@ 55 would be totally diverse from Ramnode which is in Cyberwurx. We do not use the same shared building generator and equipment that Cyberwurx is on. We have our own generator and cooling platform on the rooftop deck.

• @RyanD

Thanks for the info, will get back to you via PM :)

• @Miguelq no problem

@Qps
    don't give em away yikes!

• what is COLO@34 and COLO@55

=(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Between @RyanD & @qps we're all gonna be stocking dedis like LEBs ;)

Where's @halfeatenpie...

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@RyanD said: don't give em away yikes!

I don't like idle servers...

• @qps or profit :) Making me look like an evil capitalist over here!

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2013

I'm here?

I have tons of dedicated servers and only one of my like seven are idling! (That's going to change soon!)

• There's only a handfull that's within the 30/month range.

and by that I mean there's like one or two. Increase that to 40/month and now we got ourselves a party.

• @HalfEatenPie

What is the most that you are paying for a server?

• 200/month - That's the max I pay for a server

• What specs @halfeatenpie

• What're ya hosting?
    The other half of your pie?

• @HalfEatenPie said: 200/month - That's the max I pay for a server

Hmm.. I just signed up for a $70/month server and I'm already debating whether I should cancel or not??

My comfort zone seems to be around $30-$40/m

• @HalfEatenPie said: 200/month - That's the max I pay for a server

Boss, You make money on most of your dedicated?

• @jcaleb said: Boss, You make money on most of your dedicated?

Most of them are for side projects :P and my dilly dallying!

• @MiguelQ said: coloat.com/colocation-atlanta.html

thanks bro

• @qps I was looking at a server with specs like that, but with 24GB RAM on a $499 upfront payment for the year.

• For those interested in 39 dollars, which isn't exactly 30 but since they are popular here:

Phenom II 840 x4 Quad Core (4 cores)
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    2x 500GB SATA Hard Drives
    Hardware RAID 0,1 or None
    20TB Transfer on 1Gbit Port
    Any Linux Distribution
    Free DirectAdmin for Linux
    5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
    /64 IPv6 Address Space
    Unmanaged

$0 Setup / $39 per month
    $0 Setup / $195 per 6 months
    $0 Setup / $390 per year
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1239086

• @halfeatenpie

Can I aks what you are doing with so many dedis?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

@lzp said: I was looking at a server with specs like that, but with 24GB RAM on a $499 upfront payment for the year.

Upgrading the RAM on these isn't cheap, which is why we usually don't do it.

I can do 16 GB for a $149.99 one-time fee or 24 GB for a $249.99 one-time fee.

• @ztec 20-02-2013 - Paypal fee removed from direct payments
    As of early February 2013, the Paypal payment processing fee has been removed from invoices. This applies to all Paypal payments made through the i3D.net control panel.

Just saw that when I logged in.

And 20ms isn't that bad, I get around 18-19ms from the UK. From what a couple of friends in the Netherlands has told me, that residential ISPs aren't that great there

• @jkr1711 said: @ztec 20-02-2013 - Paypal fee removed from direct payments

As of early February 2013, the Paypal payment processing fee has been removed from invoices. This applies to all Paypal payments made through the i3D.net control panel

Must have been getting to much complaints about it.

• @RyanD Do you have servers available in Clifton ?

• I wonder how many people would sign up for a Pentium III server for like $10-15/m? Like those old HP blade BL10e servers, I think they even run on 120v compared to the newer blades that require special plug.

I had a pentium III @667 server a couple years back it was $10/m if it was not for the obscene prices for addons and cost to reload OS I think I would still keep it..

• @earl I guess the limiting factor would be the sheer price of powering these old dinosaurs really

• @Freek said: I also got the cheapest one. Disk I/O is on the low/poor side with 40MB/s but that was to be expected. Ping is good from NL.

My box shows a much better result.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.705 s, 91.7 MB/s