Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mounting S3-compatible storage in Ubuntu (similar to s3fs or goofys) ? How about for Windows?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mounting S3-compatible storage in Ubuntu (similar to s3fs or goofys) ? How about for Windows?

spammyspammy Member

I am not sure if I am just missing some details but as far as I can see s3fs and goofys are capable of mounting S3 but not S3- compatible (such as the objSpace storage from Delimiter).

Is there anything similar to those two that would allow people to mount S3-comptabile storage on a Ubuntu box (or Debian I guess)? I'd like to mount it directly rather than having to install things like OwnCloud, etc and then add the storage point there.

For Windows I have a slightly different problem, I know expanDrive works on S3-compatible but it is mounting as a network drive and some software have issues dealing with network drives (I know, crappy coding), Stablebit has CloudDrive which would mount the drive as a regular local partition but it only support S3, not S3-compatible, when I chat with their technical support (although they did mention they'd like to incorporate that feature in future). Therefore is there any way we can mount it on Windows as a local drive. Note that I don't want to store the data locally at all, so things like GoodSync or Dupliciti won't work in this case.

Comments