Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyvm new special kvm vps, big ram , ssd, bandwith - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyvm new special kvm vps, big ram , ssd, bandwith

Comments

• tommytommy Member

what I said is about rule, we kick-op-ass because he/she share VPS > $7 price limit, but let other post above price limit because provider well known arround here?

I can create many thread about provider who I've used, but this is not the right place because the price limit. Out there, there's forum who don't care about price limit (vpsb, wht, etc).

Why LEB now days so picky? This is not about buyvm I've server and shared hosting there.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • lbftlbft Member

BeardyUnixGuy said: owever, such "bring LET's attention to a cool offer" threads need to be taken on a case-by-case basis where the community should factor in at least the following before making accusations:

I'd also add that a trustworthy provider and forum member is a different thing to a business and poster none of us have heard of.

@Francisco is more than aware of the rules and if he'd wanted to post here, he would've made a product that was in line with LEB rules (like he did a few years ago with his storage VPS line - the bottom plan is $7 when proportionally to the rest of the plans it should be $7.50.) I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that if he wanted to advertise, he'd do it himself with his own name and reputation.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • lbftlbft Member
    edited April 2016

jcaleb said: I have good experience with xen, I find their cpu scheduling to be really great. Or is xen a thing of the past and kvm is the future?

Linode dumped Xen for KVM because they found that it produced significantly better performance in their configuration on their gear.

If you mix Xen PV and Xen HVM (and if you want Windows or BSD you need HVM) that also adds a little bit of complexity. Once upon a time Xen HVM had poorer performance but these days it's about the same as Xen PV, so there's that - if you were starting a Xen host today you could probably just ignore PV and only have HVM. But that doesn't really get you any benefit over KVM anyway.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited April 2016

My opinion is that no provider should make posts about >$7 offers anywhere, regardless of whether the offers are his or belong to another provider.

However, if it's a normal non-provider LET member, then refer to my case-by-case analysis.

@lbft said: if he'd wanted to post here, he would've made a product that was in line with LEB rules (like he did a few years ago with his storage VPS line - the bottom plan is $7 when proportionally to the rest of the plans it should be $7.50.)

Thanks, this was a good point to make.

• sinsin Member

@budi1413 said:
    I love XEN also but unfortunately Debian Jessie is still not supported as XEN-PV guest. :(

I'm using Debian 8 on a Mikro VPS that says it's XEN-PV. I do remember not being able to boot Debian 8 on Dediserve's old Xen plans though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Never thought I'd see the day when @Francisco KVM was cheaper than Johnny Nguyen OvZ.

https://www.nguyenwebcompany.net/virtualcloud.html

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Never thought I'd see the day when @Francisco KVM was cheaper than Johnny Nguyen OvZ.

https://www.nguyenwebcompany.net/virtualcloud.html

Rotated IP addresses aren't cheap my good sir.

Back when I was working at Directspace one of the owners was charging like $3.00/IP/m for spammable ranges.

Francisco

• Fran, any eta on when these will be back in stock?
    Thanks!

@xalitust said:
    Fran, any eta on when these will be back in stock?
    Thanks!

I'm hoping to have a full rack of nodes up in a few weeks :) If you could let me know in PM what plan you're interested in that would be great for judging.

Francisco

Thanked by 1budi1413
  • @Francisco said:

@xalitust said:
    Fran, any eta on when these will be back in stock?
    Thanks!

I'm hoping to have a full rack of nodes up in a few weeks :) If you could let me know in PM what plan you're interested in that would be great for judging.

Francisco

Sent, thanks!

• So is it worth buying? uptime and speed good? Can anyone who bought from the beginning tell me :)

And @Francisco, are you considering putting the same offer in LU?

@Wicked said:
    So is it worth buying? uptime and speed good? Can anyone who bought from the beginning tell me :)

No complaints to date :) Performance is great and people have been happy. The goal is to bring the plan to all locations. We're not 100% sure if we'll do it in Luxembourg or if we'll pick a different datacenter though.

Is there any interest in something at the edge of LE pricing? Say something like...

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 1 CPU (50% usage hard capped, around ~1.8Ghz dedicated)
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

• RurikoRuriko Member

@Francisco said:

@Wicked said:
    So is it worth buying? uptime and speed good? Can anyone who bought from the beginning tell me :)

No complaints to date :) Performance is great and people have been happy. The goal is to bring the plan to all locations. We're not 100% sure if we'll do it in Luxembourg or if we'll pick a different datacenter though.

Is there any interest in something at the edge of LE pricing? Say something like...

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

I'd be interested in that plan if it's located in Luxembourg or any other Europe locations

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2016
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

$7 SSD KVM from BuyVM , with option to add in Voxility IP later ? YES and YES.

It will still come with 1 public ipv4 right?

Edit: I just realized you weren't making an offer for LU/ EU, in above post. sadkitty

So... a big YES if you can do EU, even if you pick a new DC.

@vimalware said:
    $7 SSD KVM from BuyVM , with option to add in Voxility IP later ? YES and YES.

It will still come with 1 public ipv4 right?

Edit: I just realized you weren't making an offer for LU/ EU, in above post. sadkitty

So... a big YES if you can do EU, even if you pick a new DC.

Of course, it has all the trimmings. 1 x V4, /64 V6, LAN, anycast if you want.

No EU immediately, our initial build is in LV and then we go east :)

Francisco

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited May 2016

@Francisco said:

@Wicked said:

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

Why not?

@Junkless said:
    Why not?

Was thinking more of the Ghz limit. It's still a fair bit of CPU for the price, but I get how people are at times ;)

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@Wicked said:

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

I would buy one, if there was not my E3 from Online.

• @Francisco said:

@Wicked said:

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

Definitely interested as an upgrade to my current 512MB KVM running win2k3 - assuming a win2k8/12 licence is included on these 2GB plans? Only concern would be disk space - 30GB is a bit tight to run windows server these days. Would there be any options for additional disk space if needed? (if you could do 40-50GB space and match the price of the old 512MB KVM that would be awesome)

@kiwidave said:
    Definitely interested as an upgrade to my current 512MB KVM running win2k3 - assuming a win2k8/12 licence is included on these 2GB plans? Only concern would be disk space - 30GB is a bit tight to run windows server these days. Would there be any options for additional disk space if needed? (if you could do 40-50GB space and match the price of the old 512MB KVM that would be awesome)

The half plan is simply for the people that want something within LE pricing but the pricing is less than half of what the 4GB plan is ($15 / 2 isn't $7). This means we have to trim some resources some where to make up for it otherwise we get a dump of users wanting to buy 2 $7 plans and merge it to save that $1.00/month.

Windows eats like 10GB these days so there's still space spare.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • joojajooja Member

@Francisco said:

@Wicked said:

• 2GB RAM
    • KVM based
    • 30GB SSD
    • 1~2TB BW
    • $7.00/month ?

Let me know.

Francisco

already it is possible to purchase?

@jooja said:
    already it is possible to purchase?

Not yet. I just ordered all the processors and am waiting on my chassis guy to reply back. I plan to be in Vegas within the next 2 weeks to do all of it.

If you're wanting to do MU you're going to want more RAM and CPU than the 2GB plan anyway.

Francisco

And things are a go :)

Here's the resource break down:

• $7.00 - 1 CPU fair share, 40GB SSD, 2TB transit, 2GB RAM
    • $15.00 - 1 CPU dedicated, 80GB SSD, 5TB transit, 4GB RAM
    • $30.00 - 2 CPU dedicated, 160GB SSD, 10TB transit, 8GB RAM
    • $45.00 - 3 CPU dedicated, 240GB SSD, 15TB transit, 12GB RAM
    • $60.00 - 4 CPU dedicated, 320GB SSD, 20TB transit, 16GB RAM
    • $75.00 - 5 CPU dedicated, 400GB SSD, 25TB transit, 20GB RAM
    • $90.00 - 6 CPU dedicated, 480GB SSD, 30TB transit, 24GB RAM
    • $105.00 - 7 CPU dedicated, 560GB SSD, 35TB transit, 28GB RAM
    • $120.00 - 8 CPU dedicated, 640GB SSD, 40TB transit, 32GB RAM

Here's the order links for those interested:

Current KVM customers in LV will get an email in a little bit explaining their migrations. We're looking to have a cut off date for the end of July for everyone eligible to be moved.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Tom
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Francisco said: And things are a go :)

Heh.. are this allowed to list, almost all over LET rules? :)

Thanked by 1david_W

@fitvpn said:

Francisco said: And things are a go :)

Heh.. are this allowed to list, almost all over LET rules? :)

This isn't an offers thread :) Someone else made the thread and others asked me to keep them informed.

I'll likely post an offer today/tomorrow and it'll be within the guidelines (< $7/m).

Francisco

Thanked by 1x123123412345
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2016

Francisco said: This isn't an offers thread

This one called hidden advertising, you can post it every day instead 14 days timeline Great!

• You should really sort this page on price/specs: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=37

@teamacc said:
    You should really sort this page on price/specs: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=37

Yeah I'll point it out to Aldryic, i'm not sure how his OCD let that get past :P

Francisco

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2016

Francisco said: Francisco

This post was go away 6 May, you just re-open it again. Offers contain direct links to purchase. That reason to call this offer instead share some information. :)

• I think that some people here just need to give Francisco a break. I prefer having daily offer threads from Francisco than all the scammers that have surrounded LET recently.