Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ticket Auto-close.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ticket Auto-close.

SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
edited February 2013 in General

Do you use it? If so, what delay is it set to?

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

I think 72 hours is a reasonable timeframe for it

• We use it. Set it to 72 hours. Some people I've seen do 24-48 hours.

Oh Colocrossing auto closes the ticket on reply :)

• We do 48 hours.

• 96 hours... Too much?

• We don't. I always hated having my ticket autoclosed when I was a user so I don't do it to ours yet anyway.

• 72 hours on ours.

I really wish there was a plugin or whatever for preventing closed tickets from being opened again.

• @Damian said: I really wish there was a plugin or whatever for preventing closed tickets from being opened again.

Another great feature built into Hostbill.

• A couple days seems pretty standard.

• @NickO said: Another great feature built into Hostbill.

What are some others?

• @Damian said: I really wish there was a plugin or whatever for preventing closed tickets from being opened again.

Agreed.

• @Damian said: What are some others?

Wicked Client Area. cPanel, SolusVM, OnApp, etc... integrations are awesome.

• @Damian said: @NickO said: Another great feature built into Hostbill.

What are some others?

Try Arcticdesk. Tickets auto close + ticket locking sounds like a basic feature. They got a lot more and I was surprised when I first tried it. Still happily using it.

• @vampireJ said: Try Arcticdesk. Tickets auto close + ticket locking sounds like a basic feature. They got a lot more and I was surprised when I first tried it. Still happily using it.

Does this auto-integrate with WHMCS?

• @SimpleNode said: Do you use it? If so, what delay is it set to?

72 hours

• 1 week for us.

• @Damian said: Does this auto-integrate with WHMCS?

Just looked it up before and yep :D

Looks kinda a cool. I would probably move to it if I were using WHMCS.

• We have WHMCS integrated with ZenDesk, so we do have the "Prevent from reopening" function on closed tickets.

Tickets which are left awaiting customer reply, are set to "Solved" after 5 days.

All Solved tickets are permanently closed after 7 days of being "Solved".

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I do 72 hours.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

We do one week.

• slightly off topic, is there any addon that automatically create new ticket when an account down? I was thinking about auto open as oppose to auto close.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2013

I work a support desk my self, but am also a customer of many different web services. I can tell you that personally, I hate auto-close, it takes away the personal touch and to be honest, sometimes it can feel a bit rude. I always make an attempt to follow-up with the customer. If an issue I have been working on has been resolved on my side but I have not heard back from the customer confirming that things are working for them, I always reach out and ask them to update me with the status and if they need any further help before resolving/completing/closing their ticket. You might be surprised how much the customer appreciates this and how much it can improve the customer-provider relationship.

Now, I understand in the 'lowend' industry that support isn't something you want to spend a lot of man hours on, but actually getting to know your customer and making an effort to show them you care about their experience is usually the difference between a one time customer and repeat business. Auto-close doesn't do this for you, in fact in some situations it can turn people off to you and make them think you do not care about them or their problems.

The customer may not be "always right" as you are taught in the service industry, but you can defiantly count on them being one of the most important parts of your business. Word of mouth advertising can either be the best or the worst advertising out there. The better the customer experience, the better that advertising will be, hands down.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• We use 24 hours without a reply will automatically close the ticket. We haven't gotten any complaints about it.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

72 hours by default but sometimes whmcs failed to automatically close some tickets(even if you manually run crons,etc)

• @NickEsposito said: We use 24 hours without a reply will automatically close the ticket. We haven't gotten any complaints about it.

Who would complain? I wouldn't complain, I would simply think you have no further interest in helping me and remember that for any future business.

I am only telling you these things from my own experience in this business, do what you like, but you catch more flies with honey, and the same goes with following up with your customers instead of just auto-closing their tickets. Spend the time to follow up with your customers and in the long run, you will see the difference it makes.

My 2 cents.

Cheers.

• Ours is set to 36 hours. I think it's fine because the client can re-open the ticket by replying to the email or support ticket.

@BlueVM said: We don't. I always hated having my ticket autoclosed when I was a user so I don't do it to ours yet anyway.

You must have a large "answered" queue in WHMCS :D

• Ticket auto close time depends on type of company, offered services, number of tickets, number of employees etc., nothing new here :) I think that it's generally accepted that the tickets are closed after 48-72 hours but there is no rule here. Sometimes 24 hours is enough, sometimes 2 weeks or more. We close our tickets after 10 days.

• WillWill Member

Ours is set to 72 hours. This seems to be the standard for most companies. It gives the client adequate time to respond if they have anymore questions and even if they reply after the 72hours, it just reopens the ticket.

• 72 hours or 3 days is a good time frame. If an issue is open I would hardly believe someone would not communicate for 72 hours.

• EvixoEvixo Member
    edited March 2013

@tecsys said: 72 hours or 3 days

72 hours = 3 days ;-)

We don't have auto close enabled. Personally, I hate it too when tickets get closed (me being as a client). Hence it's disabled.

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited March 2013

You guys should make it a week. Much more polite to give the customer time to respond if necessary without getting pissy over the 1-3day quick autoclose