Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you straight terminate a non-paying account or suspend first? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you straight terminate a non-paying account or suspend first?

2»

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    Immediate termination is good way to lose your customers. At a glance we've had about 2% of cases where a customer paid the bill late. Sure, there's a higher percent where they don't and we held their service for a few extra days but I think the customers you kept covers the cost of keeping services in a suspended state for a few days. Plus I can't imagine how many tickets people would make if you just terminate them immediately. Seems like it's not worth it in any way (time, money, customer satisfaction.)

I would actually go out of my way to figure out if you couldn't pay your bill and needed a extension and if so I don't mind doing that it is just as you see in the image it states they was waiting for close to a month not like a couple of days holding on the data the vps in suspended state, etc.

to me and most other providers if you have not paid in a month and haven't given any notice saying you would be late on payment I would think you just abandoned the vps and won't be paying it anyway but that is just me thinking that as what was the problem here seems to be miscommunication or no communication at all not saying anything like I would be late for payment or not any notice about this from the customer.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2016

@BunnySpeed said:
    Strictly technically speaking I guess I would agree, but in practice, I would not call these huge favors and saying reality sucks. Every sane normal personal would understand that sometimes these things happen and some patience goes a long way. Or is that just me? :)

I'm not saying its a good idea for a host to do such a thing, but it is completely justified. Ultimately we are each responsible for our obligations. Expect nothing when you're owed nothing.