Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up email on VPS ...Help Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting up email on VPS ...Help Required

noamannoaman Member

Hi
I am looking to setup email on my custom domain and VPS

Currently Installed
1.VestaCP
2.Dovect
3.Exim
4.RoundCube

I am able to send|receive email on localhost (i.e email account on the same domain ) but can only send to other email ids...I am unable to recieve it...

If anyone could guide me for setting up an email server complete..From DNS server management of rouncube configuration...I would be really grate full

DNS Records : http://pastebin.com/NXfrNUge

Comments

• Maybe, best way is use domain registrar DNS servers and configure correct mx-record at registrar's system. I think, your mx-record is not ok, if you can't receive emails from external servers.

I don't know about VestaCP, because I don't use it myself. If you need alternatives, CentosWebPanel is one with automatic installer. Basically works, but a few bugs.
    And ISPConfig(recommended..) also have some automatic installer scripts. But it needs minimum 512/512M VPS, because it uses Amavis/ClamAV/Spamassasin.

• There are a shitload of tutorials on google, but it sounds like you have no interest in learning how to do it yourself.

Please, just pay someone to do it and stop asking for free sys admin work.

Thanked by 1Termiet
  • MailCow is easy.

Thanked by 39dc afterSt0rm karjaj
  • @globalRegisters said:
    There are a shitload of tutorials on google, but it sounds like you have no interest in learning how to do it yourself.

Please, just pay someone to do it and stop asking for free sys admin work.

Hey...I want to do it myself... But I am having trouble ...setting it up...I want to learn it myself.... If there are so many tutorials ....why don't post a link here

• @karjaj said:
    Maybe, best way is use domain registrar DNS servers and configure correct mx-record at registrar's system. I think, your mx-record is not ok, if you can't receive emails from external servers.

I don't know about VestaCP, because I don't use it myself. If you need alternatives, CentosWebPanel is one with automatic installer. Basically works, but a few bugs.
    And ISPConfig(recommended..) also have some automatic installer scripts. But it needs minimum 512/512M VPS, because it uses Amavis/ClamAV/Spamassasin.

Its 512 MB vps from virmach...so ram won't be an issue...I an using cloudflare to handle all the DNS records...BTW

• And you are sure, that mx record at cloudflare is ok?

Correct, if I am wrong, but some(many?) VirMach VPS:s are without vSwap? So, ISPConfig with Amavis will not work ok.
    If possible, try CentosWebPanel. Install 32-bit minimal Centos 6 and install CWP with installer script. It should work ok with 512Mb VPS, if OS is 32-bit.
    I have a few CWP installations and mail works ok just "out of the box". There's also possible to set limit for outgoing mails per hour. So, you can't broke VirMach TOS/AUP then. :)

• IMO ..they are correct... But I did post them in the OP...you can take a look..

• 9dc9dc Member

Mailcow.email

• @noaman said:
    If there are so many tutorials ....why don't post a link here

You just made my case again...you want others to do your leg work.

• @karjaj...

GMAIl just sent this error

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.

socket error

• Is port 25 open? Not blocked by provider or firewall?

• did you add your MX record to cloudflare? IPs whitelisted?

• check your exim log error /var/log/exim

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

+1 for port 25

• @karjaj....I am not running it on 25....I am using other ports....why?...25 is a must?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

@noaman said:
    @karjaj....I am not running it on 25....I am using other ports....why?...25 is a must?

Email will only be received over port 25. Exceptions won't be worth noting.

• @jarland...thank did not know... That...will update you...

• Update:
    Port 25 set...
    rDNs set too,...but this is the new error

error that the other server returne­d was:

451 Temporary local problem - please tr­y later

• elgselgs Member

I can help you with the setup. Pm me if you need help.

• @elgs thanx for your support

I have got it working...Apparently first I chose the wrong smtp port....and second clam av is was tough to set up...so I removed it...it was causing too much trouble.....

@jarland

Thanx...

Thanked by 1elgs