Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe Payments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe Payments

24khost24khost Member
edited February 2013 in General

So today I started accepting CC payments and let me tell you with stripe, It can't be much easier!

Anybody thinking of getting a merchant account, you can put it off a little longer with this.

Comments

• jhjh Member
    edited February 2013

Did an application to Paymill (basically the same thing but EU based) and they wanted stuff with a bank teller's signature/stamp. Decided I couldn't be bothered and am sticking to Paypal :)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

@jhadley said: Did an application to Paymill (basically the same thing but UK based) and they wanted stuff with a bank teller's signature/stamp. Decided I couldn't be bothered and am sticking to Paypal :)

Odd, they never requested that from us. Just a copy of docs/agreement via email and then original sent through post.

• Stripe was just so easy! Nothing like that at all.

• Stripe is only for US merchants, last time I checked. This situation may have changed.

Highly recommend the Stripe module from https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?gid=3

• That is the one we are using @Damian was so simple to setup not even funny. PCI compliant and all.

• United states and Canadian businesses

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

We have a merchant account with CDGCommerce and we're starting to consider whether we should cancel it in favor of Stripe. We would end up saving a little over 1% based on the last two months. The only downside that I can find is that instead of 48 hours to get funds, it's 7 days.

I also like that they only charge for successful transactions and refund the fees on refunds.

@Damian @24khost Does AVS work with the Stripe module from ServerPing?

• @qps said: @Damian @24khost Does AVS work with the Stripe module from ServerPing?

Yes, which is the entire reason we switched from zStripe to the Serverping Stripe module: it implements the proper Stripe.js mechanism, meaning it can provide address information, and then also callback to our WHMCS installation and specify fraud or not.