Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what is your webhoster/shared hoster of choice?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So what is your webhoster/shared hoster of choice?

Heya,
I am very satisfied with All-Inkl.com and wilk continue to use them, however I might need a new host for 1-2 new projects of mine soon which will include integrared chat systems which unfortunately are not allowed as of all-inkl ToS :/ Now you might say "Why break a working system? Just upgrade with them you greedy fu..". Honestly I would have if any of their shared hosting offers allowed chats but they all dont. Only option would be a managed server for 100$+ which is way ahead of what I am paying right now (10$).
So yeah basicly looking for a good webhosting/shared provider and wanted to hear your experiences :) I really liked Inmotionhosting but they are US only whereas Id like to host in EU. I am not sure if I wanna go with a big company but honestly I dont know many small companies that are reliable. Also this time DISK SPACE would be a matter (100gb +). Not right off the bat but as it will be a social project it is bound to grow. So yeah suggest me any company youve had good experience with that offers EU location, if pos. unlimited bw, lots of disk space and fits about in the 10-20$ price range. Please DONT recommend BuyVM/Shared as I have given too much love to Aldriyc in the past < 3

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited April 2016

Doesn't HostUS have EU locations?

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • +1 for Hostus

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Ok will check them out :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@dailymc said:
    Doesn't HostUS have EU locations?

Yes, our shared / reseller hosting packages are available in London.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Smart Hosting UK are very good. Been with them for quite a while now. They are in the process of upgrading their "Cloud's" to 512GB RAM and 128 Cores each. The servers are all based in UK.
    Check out the link in my signature!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

@AlexanderM said:

Just checked you out but the disk space is what kills it for me :P When I wanna go for 100gb+ it gets very expensive^^

@david_reid now that is a good idea :)

• @Ympker said:
    david_reid now that is a good idea :)

What is your budget for 100 GB disk?

• @Junkless said:

Until now I was paying 10€ for 250gb disk space. So I guess atleast 100 at 10€.

Old offer: http://all-inkl.com/webhosting/premium/

• buyshared

• @eastonch said:
    buyshared

Cant as Ive given too much love to Aldriyc < 3

• If need ssd hosting,we provide too.Check my signature link

• When you say "Chat" ..what exactly do you mean ?

• @Junkless said:
    When you say "Chat" ..what exactly do you mean ?

Like fb chat :) Anyway I have contacted Smart Hosting and it seems like theyve just got what I need + website transfer :)

• I have been with hostinglah pretty decent shared hosting

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I would say CenTex Hosting. But thats just me. If i was going to recommend one then it would be www.powersurge.net or www.hostdime.com

• @masterqqq said:
    I have been with hostinglah pretty decent shared hosting

50GB/yr for 50GB storage seems abit expensive ah, but it's Singapore location...

Seems to be Dediserve (on NewMedia Express) and LeaseWeb.

Never seen the need for shared hosting, given the fact that I've deployed enough small servers for fun to be able to just pull the configs from my Git server, run apt-get and get stuff installed etc. So, what do you run (if you don't mind sharing) that would be much more convenient if you used shared hosting?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @theroyalstudent said:
    Never seen the need for shared hosting, given the fact that I've deployed enough small servers for fun to be able to just pull the configs from my Git server, run apt-get and get stuff installed etc. So, what do you run (if you don't mind sharing) that would be much more convenient if you used shared hosting?

shared hosting can be good for sites that may have bursts of traffic, good for people who are uncomfortable with mail settings, uncomfortable with command line, etc

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

I mainly stick to dedicated servers or VPSes so I don't have much to compare with, as I practically never use shared hosting until Frantech launched BuyShared. But what I have experienced with them so far has been pure awesomeness :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I am using Eleven2, BuyShared and InnoHosting. All reseller plans

Thanked by 1Ympker