Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 6.3.1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 6.3.1

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Here we go, we just updated to 6.3 last night :S

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=113291

Comments

• @AlbaHost said:
    Here we go, we just updated to 6.3 last night :S

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=113291

Includes some nice patches for little bugs in 6.3, like the fact it didn't empty out the saved reply after submitting... lots of unnecessary deleting..

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • smansman Member
    edited April 2016

Knew I should have waited instead of jumping on 6.3.0. Never again. Learned my lesson this time. Yea this is just an incremental but it is still a PiTA when you have custom admin folders and custom cron locations. I have a constantly growing procedure I had to write to make sure to check all these things everytime I update and I am constantly adding to it.

This one has template changes that affects us as well. Updating those are a huge PiTA for me. I have hundreds of customizations on my templates. Even with git config management it's still a big job to check everything and make sure nothing gets missed in all the little details.

They really do need to put some work into simplifying updates instead of adding more bells and whistles that end up breaking more things.

• WHTWHT Member

This sucks. Every week new version. Why they do not implement a automated update?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@WHT said:
    This sucks. Every week new version. Why they do not implement a automated update?

Its better with non autoupdate for others which they have custom paths/templates etc, i don't really understand why don't they test first for some time to check the bugs and then release it...

• MadMad Member

Anything new, just a patch for few bugs.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I know same here. I just updated last night to the 6.3 i aways give it a few days before doing an update just to make sure its not causing major issues for people. Guess i should have waited another day. LOL