Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• Yes... Through their LEAP panel, you can issue only AlphaSSL with 1 year validity. But if you raise a support ticket with CSR and admin approval email, they will order manually on behalf of us and you can issue GlobalSign DomainSSL also with 3 years validity. I issued myself an Globalsign DomainSSL wildcard cert with 3 years validity and I received the cert within 25mins.

• @AlanDS said:
    Yes... Through their LEAP panel, you can issue only AlphaSSL with 1 year validity. But if you raise a support ticket with CSR and admin approval email, they will order manually on behalf of us and you can issue GlobalSign DomainSSL also with 3 years validity. I issued myself an Globalsign DomainSSL wildcard cert with 3 years validity and I received the cert within 25mins.

Can you issue a wildcard cert for me for more than one year? I would appreciate if it were free but I can also pay a low fee.

Thanks

• how to free ssl?

• @trouble2 said:
    how to free ssl?

apology for poor english

when were you when freessl dies?

i was sat at home eating yeti meat when @WSS ring

‘ssl is kill’

‘no’

Thanked by 2WSS Aidan
  • I always thought it's was free willy..

• @drdrake said:

@AlanDS said:
    Yes... Through their LEAP panel, you can issue only AlphaSSL with 1 year validity. But if you raise a support ticket with CSR and admin approval email, they will order manually on behalf of us and you can issue GlobalSign DomainSSL also with 3 years validity. I issued myself an Globalsign DomainSSL wildcard cert with 3 years validity and I received the cert within 25mins.

Can you issue a wildcard cert for me for more than one year? I would appreciate if it were free but I can also pay a low fee.

Thanks

You can have a whooping 15 year free wildcard ssl with cloudflare.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • YI JING JJ

• the problem with using cloudflare wildcard ssl is everything has to reverse proxy through their servers which adds overhead, delay, serious caching and lag issues for "live" content

cheapest legit wildcard ssl cert I've found is now $105 for three years (alpha of course)

but now just looking for solutions to get to january/february when letsencrypt will put the hurt on this very illegitimate industry and their money grab

anything cheaper than $38 for one year somewhere as of September 2017 ?

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited September 2017

If I remember correctly, there is a deal 60.27 PLN ~17USD at a Poland site for wildcard SSL.

People have posted somewhere in this thread.

For 1 year ofc

Thanked by 1wwwcom
  • took me a bit to find it because it wasn't actually this thread but the site is az.pl

anyone know what issuer they use? their own cert is alphassl / globalsign but that doesn't mean that's what their "ssl smart" uses

is it automated DV? anyone run into nonsense like having to send drivers licenses, etc.?

• rdesrdes Member
    edited September 2017

It's automated, domain verified by e-mail.
    Cert is issued by Home.pl (owner of AZ), and cross linked with certum.eu

• @doghouch said:

@AlanDS said:
    Is anybody with SH account is kind enough to issue me a free wildcart cert?? Please send me a PM or reply here. I will send you CSR.

Thanks

Is it that bad that you need it free?

I would afford 5USD dollar if someone can supply me the 1 year cheap wild certificate.
    uhhh, just not right now. :)

• Just uploaded the latest version to Github if anyone cares or want to have a look at the code:
    https://github.com/Vittfarne/ASSL

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited October 2017

Any way to still get a free/cheap wildcard SSL?

Need 3 of them for my servers and services that need to be genuinely secured, don't need anything fancy though, prefer multi year so I don't have to worry about it every year.

Is there anyone who can still issue them ?

Thanks.

• WSSWSS Member

For free? No. If you need it for services, pay for it. PositiveSSL or RapidSSL for < $20.
    Comodo (as a company) sucks donkey dick, fwiw.

• I'm happy to pay, just need wildcard certificates, and I'd rather not spend a lot when it seems like a lot of the companies are marking them up by a lot...

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@isaacl said:
    I'm happy to pay, just need wildcard certificates, and I'd rather not spend a lot when it seems like a lot of the companies are marking them up by a lot...

We provide free 1 year wildcards with our VPS plans starting at $5/m.

• @VMbox said:

@isaacl said:
    I'm happy to pay, just need wildcard certificates, and I'd rather not spend a lot when it seems like a lot of the companies are marking them up by a lot...

You have an old $2.50/mo plan that has the free SSL :P

• @VMbox said:

@isaacl said:

Don't need the VPS plan, I need 3 certificates, and I can pay less than $60/year per certificate anyway.

• @isaacl

They're a requirement. SingleHop AlphaSSL certificates require them to be hosted within the network. Though at this point, it's more of a technicality considering most users just purchase the VPS plan for the certificate and cancel after a month.

• @FlamesRunner

Gotcha, thanks, still think I may as well just get something that I don't have to worry about it being cancelled/rescinded/whatever, but might be worthwhile...

• I opened https://assl.space for free ssl.

• WSS said: PositiveSSL or RapidSSL for < $20

Are those wildcards? I've never seen them for that.

• For under $20? Some resellers can do that, but I'll be damned if I can think of them right now.

• @Shishov said:
    I opened https://assl.space for free ssl.

signature certificates Lets Encript, ComodoAutoSSL, GlobalSing, duration time ?

Thks,

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

isaacl said: Don't need the VPS plan, I need 3 certificates, and I can pay less than $60/year per certificate anyway.

We can do those $60 USD per year, can't do less. I'll see our options here for Wildcard SSL then I'll back to you.
    Current discount are for multi year, e.g: 2 / 3 years.
    1 year for 60 USD; 2 years for 110 USD, 3 years for 160 USD.

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: For under $20? Some resellers can do that

I've never seen anything like that. Even $60/year is awfully good from what I can tell. GoGetSSL under their own label (but really Comodo) on their reseller plan comes in just a tiny bit less. LetsEncrypt will supposedly do free wildcards soon, but I haven't heard anything recently about that.

• @willie said:

WSS said: For under $20? Some resellers can do that

I've never seen anything like that. Even $60/year is awfully good from what I can tell. GoGetSSL under their own label (but really Comodo) on their reseller plan comes in just a tiny bit less. LetsEncrypt will supposedly do free wildcards soon, but I haven't heard anything recently about that.

It was part of a "Buy our hosting" deal. It wasn't a-la-carte.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It's extremely hard to buy Wildcard SSL's for $20 USD... But can be possible.
    We once had those for $15 USD a few years ago.

This discussion has been closed.