Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Server Hardware in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Server Hardware in Europe

deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
edited April 2016 in Requests

I'm interested to know of any hardware supplier in Europe - preferably in Northern Europe.
If you own hardware in EU, and willing to sell, please reach me too.

Please post or send me a message if you have any suggestions.

May be interested in these CPU types:

E3-1230v5 or better.

E5-2620v1/v2/v3

E3-1230v1/v2/v3 (or better - may be considered too)

Chassis manufacturer (factory packager): HP, Supermicro or Dell please. ASUS can be considered too.

May consider Dual E5620, and such. Please no EOL or old CPUs that consume 'a lot of power'.
I would be willing to look at refurbished or used servers too.

AMD CPUs are not desired.

4x SFF min or at least 4x LFF 1U sizes.

Thank you.

Comments

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Clouvider has stuff in London

• For a big order, I would recommend NCS.nl, they're one of the biggest Supermicro dealers in Europe (or at least in the Benelux region). For smaller quotes, I've heard very good things about ahead-it.eu , never did business with them though.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

Thanks @hawc :-)!

@deployvm what country do you need the servers at? Asking as going with local distributor is usually cheaper unless you take larger numbers.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

^Sent a PM! Thanks.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

In Lithuania?

Can get you a SuperMicro MicroCloud (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/3U/5039/SYS-5039MS-H8TRF.cfm) (8 Nodes in 3U) loaded with RAM and CPUs.

8 nodes/servers each with:
    Xeon E3-1230v5
    64GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM RAM
    (No HDD)

EUR 5,900 for the lot, including shipping. Works out to be 737.50 EUR per server.

We can ship HDDs too depending on what you need. HGST Enterprise HDD available for 135 a piece!

Just started using these babies. Low power. With all 8 nodes on, uses about 1.4 amps for the whole thing, including HDDs. Also very quick installation time.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Are you just looking for CPUs or whole servers?

randvegeta said: In Lithuania?

>

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately it has 2x SFF/LFF only on each node, so it is not suitable for us at the moment - we're dependent on local storage and not implementing SAN yet.

randvegeta said: Are you just looking for CPUs or whole servers?

Whole servers...