Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter billing issues - anyone else?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter billing issues - anyone else?

I'm having an issue with Delimiter not replying to billing tickets for several days: 5 days on one occasion before I closed the ticket myself out of frustration, 3 days for the current ticket. I'm counting working days only,not weekends.

To me it seems very slow, but I don't know if my expectations are reasonable with respect to the provider in question. Am I the only one having this kind of problem with Delimiter's billing?

Comments

• MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

Both 3 and 5 days is quite a lot of time even though billing tickets usually take longer based on the situation, but I suppose that there is a proper explanation behind it. Haven't you received any "we'll update you shortly" or any other reply?

• Not a single reply to any of the 2 ticket.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited April 2016

@ThracianDog said:
    mikeyur nudge

I'm not the billing department, haha.

@quicksilver03 said:
    Not a single reply to any of the 2 ticket.

Can you email me some ticket #s so I can take a look? [email protected]

• PM sent. Sorry for the formatting, the "#" signs are interpreted as bold...

• @quicksilver03 said:
    PM sent. Sorry for the formatting, the "#" signs are interpreted as bold...

I was able to answer that one, updated it

• @mikeyur said:

Looks like I nudged the right man. lol

• Good move @ThracianDog, mikeyur has indeed answered my last billing ticket.

• The question is why do you need to pm or email someone from a forum? As opposed to the ticket just being answered like it should be? Even if it needs to be moved to another team etc.

• They are indeed slow.

• @josephb said:
    The question is why do you need to pm or email someone from a forum? As opposed to the ticket just being answered like it should be? Even if it needs to be moved to another team etc.

Indeed, this shouldn't be the case.

For better or worse, I've got an answer to my last ticket: I don't know if there's an internal investigation at Delimiter to understand why those tickets weren't replied to, but since I no longer have any active services with them that will be the end of it for me.

• Maybe the Billing guy at Delimiter needs to be replaced, like what happened with Steve...

• @josephb said: The question is why do you need to pm or email someone from a forum?

Shit happens, but I'd prefer an email to [email protected] to look into it - rather than low end help desk.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@wwabbit said:
    Maybe the Billing guy at Delimiter needs to be replaced, like what happened with Steve...

Steve???

• You just know it's bad when even OVH managed to respond twice in one day to one of my billing tickets :P

• Billing has been bad in my experience too. Sales / Support is pretty fast to respond but anything related to billing (once they get your $$) they're slow to reply

• 99.9% of customers don't need to contact billing, you pay your bills through the portal or automatically.

• MarkTurner said: 99.9% of customers don't need to contact billing, you pay your bills through the portal or automatically.

Is that a polite way of saying 'wtf is wrong with you, no one else causes this trouble...' ;)

Thanked by 2zafouhar josephb
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

MarkTurner said: 99.9% of customers don't need to contact billing, you pay your bills through the portal or automatically.

Well if you are saying that then the ticket load is low and they should reply with in a reasonable time.

• ricardo said: Is that a polite way of saying 'wtf is wrong with you, no one else causes this trouble...' ;)

No I am saying - WTF I have been a personal customer of OVH for 3-4 years now and I don't think I have spoken/emailed/ticketed billing once. I just pay my servers each month and get on with it.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2016

Ah, me too. Also a customer of Delimiter.

I've signed up to hundreds of hosts. One recently didn't mark an invoice as paid, because the paypal address didnt match the email of the primary account details in WHMCS. To add to the WHMCS inconvenience/idiocy, some hosts prevent you from even changing the details (for fraud prevention, I'm sure).

I guess if you believe tickets don't need to be created for billing issues, there shouldn't be an option to. At the moment, there's a billing subheading for creating tickets in your WHMCS client area.

• FalzoFalzo Member

coincidental I opened a ticket with delimiter billing today (requesting a change of the billing period for a server) - let's see how long this might take ;-)

• In my 10 years of renting VPS, I've only contacted billing once - when my $240/biennial plan was somehow changed to $120/month and 1 year of service was charged to my credit card (i.e. $1440) whilst I still had 15 months left on my payment.

• @wwabbit said:
    In my 10 years of renting VPS, I've only contacted billing once - when my $240/biennial plan was somehow changed to $120/month and 1 year of service was charged to my credit card (i.e. $1440) whilst I still had 15 months left on my payment.

That is very impressive...your family must be proud!

• FalzoFalzo Member

answered within 10 hours. that's pretty ok for a billing ticket that has been issued in the middle of the atlanta night ;-)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner