Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1000 Mbit GigE Unmetered VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1000 Mbit GigE Unmetered VPS

Just saw this ad from Turnkey. Wonder how much of that 1000 Mbit GigE the VPS can use?

https://turnkeyinternet.net/cloud-hosted-virtual-servers-vps/

Comments

• @Xenos how about you buy it and let us know

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Be aware that the network is crap.

• turnkeyintenetturnkeyintenet Member, Host Rep

Hi Nyr, we are located in New York, USA - our network is to Tier 1 top connections, backbones and providers- we utilize our own dark fiber to the regional telecom hotel, and our network infrastructure is Juniper based (top of the line). We guarantee 100% network uptime, we have all enterprise grade aspects (highest end Juniper edge network gear, cisco core switching gear, enterprisde grade network monitoring from Solar Winds. Manage Engine, and more - always to keep our network protected, monitored and optimized).

You can run your own speed test and trace/ping at https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/

Your description of our network is not accurate - we are not like some low end providers who use 'shared vlan' to connect 100's of dedicated servers, or low-volume (susceptible to ddos overload/crashing) layer 3 switches as their 'routers' to their upstream - we do everything enterprise grade and focus on enterprise customers. Just because we have a niche 'deal' on here doesn't mean we are like many of the kiddie host or others on here for network quality.

Feel free to reach out to us Nyr, sales @ turnkeyinternet.net - ill be happy to see if i can solve whatever issue you ran into and assist you.

Best Regards, Adam

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

turnkeyintenet said: You can run your own speed test and trace/ping at https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/

This gotta be the funniest crap since ever.

YOUR TEST FILE IS SERVED BY CLOUDFLARE.

$ wget -O /dev/null https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/100mb.bin
    --2016-04-12 21:29:41--  https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/100mb.bin
    Resolving turnkeyinternet.net (turnkeyinternet.net)... 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:b2d, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:a2d, 104.20.10.45, ...
    Connecting to turnkeyinternet.net (turnkeyinternet.net)|2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:b2d|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: unspecified [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null                          [                        <=>                           ]   5.79M  2.30MB/s             ^C

$ host turnkeyinternet.net
    turnkeyinternet.net has address 104.20.10.45
    turnkeyinternet.net has address 104.20.11.45
    turnkeyinternet.net has IPv6 address 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:b2d
    turnkeyinternet.net has IPv6 address 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:a2d
    turnkeyinternet.net mail is handled by 10 a956827.mx.mailhop.org.
    turnkeyinternet.net mail is handled by 5 mail.turnkeyinternet.net.

$ whois 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:b2d

inet6num:       2400:CB00:2000::/36
    netname:        CLOUDFLARE_2400_CB00_2000_36
    descr:          CloudFlare, Inc.

$ whois 104.20.10.45

NetRange:       104.16.0.0 - 104.31.255.255
    CIDR:           104.16.0.0/12
    NetName:        CLOUDFLARENET
  • @rm_ said:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@rm_ said:

but how did you manage to reveal it? this was so perfect
    evil plan!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2016

@rm_ said:

This rivals the guy who was using the Looking Glass on the Looking Glass's ip, thought it was from East to West US and failed to also notice that the result indicated speed faster than the speed of light by many multiples :D

• bookstackbookstack Member
    edited April 2016

@rm_ said:

HTTP headers with curl -vv, a genius plan:

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    * Server cloudflare-nginx is not blacklisted
    < Server: cloudflare-nginx
    < Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:56:06 GMT
    < Content-Type: application/octet-stream
    < Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    < Connection: keep-alive
    < Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d9be7cb8fc10cb0834980f90a5329f0b21460480165; expires=Wed, 12-Apr-17 16:56:05 GMT; path=/; domain=.turnkeyinternet.net; HttpOnly
    < Last-Modified: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:29:10 GMT
    < Cache-Control: max-age=31536000
    < Expires: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 16:56:05 GMT
    < Vary: Accept-Encoding
    < X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
    < CF-RAY: 292835acd8920378-LAX

Greetings as noted you can run trace/ping and speed tests at https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/

For ping tests, please use this IP address: 66.206.35.42 (that is also what is listed at that page).

To avoid any caching or cloudflare shenanigans use these direct custom link.

http://speed-test.turnkeyinternet.net/1mb.bin
    http://speed-test.turnkeyinternet.net/10mb.bin
    http://speed-test.turnkeyinternet.net/100mb.bin

Sorry for any confusion as the flash-app and any port 80 test links originally linking to the main site (which was cloud flare enabled recently on a new ad-campaign we launched) and that could confuse results.

We always offer a 30 day money back guarantee - if unhappy with network, or change your mind, or find anything not to your liking - there is no risk to you.

Best Regards

• VbroVbro Member
    edited April 2016

I'd like to try if they provide 512ram plan for $2.

• XenosXenos Member

@JoeMerit said:
    Xenos how about you buy it and let us know

I posted it here so someone else would, duh!

• @Xenos said:
    I posted it here so someone else would, duh!

We have a contestant for @MrGeneral 's ElCheapo championship title.

• On a more serious note, I like that they're assigning a /64 as it's proper instead of doing the "RFCs are worthless, I know better" dance a lot of providers do on the matter.

• "Bandwidth: Unmetered"

"††† Free Double Bandwidth Bonus with proof of cancellation from current host or provider."

Is unmetered like infinite/0, so that one can double it and still get the same? :D

• Is Debian 8 an option for Xen PV? I noticed on their page that it lists Debian 5.x, 6.x, 7.x as available and that seems rather outdated to me.

turnkeyintenet said: our network is to Tier 1 top connections, backbones and providers

Maybe if you call Cogent "top connection"...

Anyway using a Tier 1 is not cool or great or whatever you want to call it. Tier 2 carriers can and do provide better overall connectivity to ISPs of your size. From your words I guess that you are just a marketing person which just writes words like Tier 1, Juniper, Cisco and "top of the line" randomly.

turnkeyintenet said: We guarantee 100% network uptime

No, you can't do that and you haven't maintained 100 % network uptime over the years, so don't bullshit us.

deadbeef said: On a more serious note, I like that they're assigning a /64 as it's proper instead of doing the "RFCs are worthless, I know better" dance a lot of providers do on the matter.

I think they are using SolusVM as the CP, so they can provide a /64 but it will likely be unusable as single, manually assigned /128s.

Thanked by 1deadbeef

@deadbeef said:
    On a more serious note, I like that they're assigning a /64 as it's proper instead of doing the "RFCs are worthless, I know better" dance a lot of providers do on the matter.

Hi Deadbeef- yes we provide a /64 per cloud server, and we do offer IPv6 on most all our other hosting services as well. Our network is designed from the ground up with the latest technology (if you can call it that, considering how long ipv6 has been around)

And yes to avoid any confusion, yes you can use the IPv6 (and that means the /64 is provided to your cloud server, you can utilize all the ipv6 ips included in the /64 or smaller blocks (and yes it works, not sure why some people presume it wouldn't work). If you run into any issue our techs will help you with the ipv6 configurations (some apps even today on modern OS's have some manual lifting needed).

Best Regards

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Cogent and Tech Valley are considered top tier? News to me.

turnkeyintenet said: And yes to avoid any confusion, yes you can use the IPv6 (and that means the /64 is provided to your cloud server, you can utilize all the ipv6 ips included in the /64 or smaller blocks (and yes it works, not sure why some people presume it wouldn't work).

I presume it wouldn't work because SolusVM, which is the control panel you are using, does NOT support this.

• When I had them many years ago I remembered their disk I/O was pretty average, they were using SAS SAN storage but now that they seem to advertise SSD so hopefully that is improved.

• Nyr said: I presume it wouldn't work because SolusVM, which is the control panel you are using, does NOT support this.

If you're assigned an IPv6 /64 in SolusVM, you can use any IPv6 address within said IPv6, but you have to manually add to set the rDNS.

Of course, I don't know if that's affected by the IP Protect thingy.

@Jack said:
    Etables requires that you assign each /128 from bigger prefix to the VM for it to route :)

So you can't use blocks as claimed. A common example of software which can't work without a proper implementation would be OpenVPN.

• @turnkeyintenet said:
    Hi Nyr, we are located in New York, USA - our network is to Tier 1 top connections, backbones and providers- we utilize our own dark fiber to the regional telecom hotel, and our network infrastructure is Juniper based (top of the line). We guarantee 100% network uptime, we have all enterprise grade aspects (highest end Juniper edge network gear, cisco core switching gear, enterprisde grade network monitoring from Solar Winds. Manage Engine, and more - always to keep our network protected, monitored and optimized).

You can run your own speed test and trace/ping at https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/

Your description of our network is not accurate - we are not like some low end providers who use 'shared vlan' to connect 100's of dedicated servers, or low-volume (susceptible to ddos overload/crashing) layer 3 switches as their 'routers' to their upstream - we do everything enterprise grade and focus on enterprise customers. Just because we have a niche 'deal' on here doesn't mean we are like many of the kiddie host or others on here for network quality.

Feel free to reach out to us Nyr, sales @ turnkeyinternet.net - ill be happy to see if i can solve whatever issue you ran into and assist you.

Best Regards, Adam

Get out.

• Nice marketing trick. Double unmetered :)

• codehuskercodehusker Member
    edited April 2016

How is redirecting to the original CloudFlare location NOT a shenanigan?

Connected to speed-test.turnkeyinternet.net (173.233.95.27) port 80 (#0)

>

GET /100mb.bin HTTP/1.1

>

< HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

>

Also, given that you have 13 domains on your TLS certificate, can you at least add speed-test.turnkeyinternet.net too?

Thanked by 4Riz deadbeef netomx rm_