Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Abandoned Orders
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Abandoned Orders

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Curious if this is a problem for other people as well. Somebody orders a VPS but doesn't pay so it sits there in Pending Orders.
Do you get a lot of these? After how long do you cancel the order?
Right now I have TEN of these things and I can't stand clutter in my Pending Orders ;)

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

Cancel them I get 1 - 3 daily.

• Yes,it is very common.You will have to get used to it :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

This is the first time in ShoveHost history where I've actually been busy provisioning orders, answering tickets, etc. It's nice :) But how long should I wait before cancelling them?

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

15 days - 1 month.Then delete them if you want to.It depends on you

• If using WHMCS, there is a plugin that will do this for you. Assuming you trust a plugin to be cancelling orders!

• Also check your local accountancy rules.

• 24 hours then cancel

• We get about 100 a month... 1 week cancellation is standard.

• @ShardHost said: If using WHMCS, there is a plugin that will do this for you. Assuming you trust a plugin to be cancelling orders!

We use this plugin, it's fine. It only cancels orders that are "Incomplete" and "Pending" for the statuses.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sometimes I'll ask them if they still want it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

24 hours here too.

tip: if you are using WHMCS php mailer or an smtp server that is on a shared hosting account then it is probably because your emails are going to peoples junk so they don't proceed with the order.

• @AnthonySmith said: 24 hours here too.

24 hours is short time.I have even got some customers completing the payment after 3-4 days.

• @ftpit said: 24 hours is short time.I have even got some customers completing the payment after 3-4 days.

Not if you bill on the date they ordered, or even if you prorate. If they pay after 3-4 days they are paying for services they can't have possible used. You're doing them a disservice.

It's much better to cancel after 24 hours, and send them a notice explaining why and asking them to simply order again once they are going to make the payment.

The only exception to this is if they chose an offline payment method, such as mailing a check or bank wire transfer etc.

@ftpit

The problem is that this follows the pattern of automated order bots that look to prey on hosts for abuse, the ones that don't get marked as fraud are picked up a while later (days) then you are in a world of pain.

I guess my thinking is if you order something and you really want it you will complete the order process, if you don't complete it but still want it you will make contact or order again.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith I use RackSpace Email :)

Maybe I should auto cancel mine

@Spencer wow......

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Spencer said: Maybe I should auto cancel mine

We're at only 600 atm

• 48 hours here, we use the no half pixels plugin to auto cancel after 2 days.

what the hell.... 1217 and 600 pending orders!

haha that is insane, I would hate to have to manage your WHMCS :)

When a client no longer has an active service the account is closed, if an order is not completed the order is cancelled and the account gets closed that way all numbers can be relied upon.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Yeah, I will get this done this night. Unfortunetely can't seem to find that plugin everyone is talking about :/

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Yeah, I will get this done this night. Unfortunetely can't seem to find that plugin everyone is talking about :/

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1006/WHMCS-Order-Assistant.html

• Branding and security logos can decrease this number.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

And here I thought this thread was going to be about ancient orders of assassins and illuminati that have been abandoned. Very disappointed.

• @raindog308 said: And here I thought this thread was going to be about ancient orders of assassins and illuminati that have been abandoned. Very disappointed.

>
    I Think that would have been quite entertaining...

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2013

@AnthonySmith said: When a client no longer has an active service the account is closed, if an order is not completed the order is cancelled and the account gets closed that way all numbers can be relied upon.

Same here. Pending orders/inactive accounts do my head in.

• We delete them after 7 days. I am not sure if someone ever paid after this amount of time.