Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low-end Hostsg / Indovirtue / OAH ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low-end Hostsg / Indovirtue / OAH ?

Hi,

as OAH's lowest tier of VPSs is out of stock (how convenient...):
Is there anything comparable on the same network but for a LET budget?

Regards
bryce

Comments

• How low are are you looking for?

Leaseweb,DO,Dediserve,HostUS

• brycebryce Member
    edited April 2016

It seems that Leaseweb, DO and HostUS all have inferior networks when it comes to CT peering. I have not tested Dediserve, but in HK they just gave up on CT so I won't even try them in SG.

• What do you expect? CT is expensive, crappy and congested almost 24/7.

• brycebryce Member

Very true. That is why you - if you take a minute to reflect - can probably appreciate my specific hosting location requirement.

• If you want good connectivity to china its not going to be on the LET pricing.

• brycebryce Member

Not sure if allowed to ask this: What other choices exist? Right now, all traffic to geographically near, affordable hosting get bounced off of US west coast.

• leaseweb is ok for CT actually,but terrible to CU

• @maoyipeng said:
    leaseweb is ok for CT actually,but terrible to CU

No Leaseweb is terrible to CT. Either their SG or HK nodes are terrible, PING is more than 250ms and download speed is less than 100KB/s

• brycebryce Member
    edited April 2016

I can confirm that CT to Leaseweb anywhere is bad. CT routes everything Leaseweb (SG, Tokyo) to US Westcoast and then back. Just terrible.

• maoyipengmaoyipeng Member
    edited April 2016

you need lotserver aka serverspeeder and I'm getting 4MB/s in off peak hours with that installed

@Greyhound said:

• brycebryce Member

Zeta-TCP is very interesting, thanks for the tip. This won't help with routing though.