Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want ddos protection at a fair price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want ddos protection at a fair price

Here's what I want to do:
Allow my Minecraft server (which is hosted on a VPS I currently have) to communicate to another VPS that will just act as a proxy. In effect, I want to purchase a VPS that will "shield" my minecraft server from ddos attacks.
Here's what I'm looking for:
1. Decent ddos protection (100gbps+ of protection; definitely not 10gbps of protection).
2. Allow minecraft traffic to go through your VPS that I'd rent out (please do not comment on this thread with an offer if you do not allow minecraft traffic to pass through your network).
2a. Allow a proxy server to run on your vps (again, if you don't allow proxy servers, please don't comment on this thread).
3. I don't need a lot of ram (maybe 1-2GB); don't need a lot of cpu (2 cores that are 2GHz+ is sufficient).
4. Don't want a ddos attack to initially knock me offline. I would expect that a mitigation system could do this (correct me if I'm incorrect in thinking this).
5. Want guaranteed bandwidth of 500mbps (both upload and download).
6. Have at least 4TB of monthly bandwidth.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to looking at offers.

Comments

• If you require 500 mbps and 4 TB for a reverse proxy it means you will need tons of resources. Most VPS companies will not allow it.

But check out https://javapipe.com/vps-ssd-packages I know game servers with 1k+ online that uses them, I have used them multiple times for both game servers and websites(they have a nice L7 proxy).

If you need more help finding the best solution you should PM me, I run 3 big game servers in scandinavia with upto 1000 online spread over 3 servers. I can also help you with setting up the reverse proxy.

• @Wicked said:
    If you require 500 mbps and 4 TB for a reverse proxy it means you will need tons of resources. Most VPS companies will not allow it.

But check out https://javapipe.com/vps-ssd-packages I know game servers with 1k+ online that uses them, I have used them multiple times for both game servers and websites(they have a nice L7 proxy).

If you need more help finding the best solution you should PM me, I run 3 big game servers in scandinavia with upto 1000 online spread over 3 servers. I can also help you with setting up the reverse proxy.

Thanks for your response, it seems like a viable option. If I understand correctly, you've used javapipe before for ddos protection on their ssd packages? I skimmed their TOS and it doesn't look like they disallow certain types of servers.

• @lawrencecsmith said:
    Thanks for your response, it seems like a viable option. If I understand correctly, you've used javapipe before for ddos protection on their ssd packages? I skimmed their TOS and it doesn't look like they disallow certain types of servers.

I have an SSD VPS with them now in Romania but only for my website, I use another solution for my game servers. But I know many companies don't allow reverse proxies.

JavaPipe would probably prefer if you used their Remote Proxy service but based on your requirements that would be over $100/month.

Can I ask how many users you have online? I can maybe point you in a better direction.

• @Wicked said:
    would be over $100/month.

I would rather buy a Scaleway VC1S or C1 for €2.99 and pay €0.02/GB for the 1Gbps DDoS protected Premium Bandwidth. If you use 4TB of premium bw you will pay €80.00 for it. A total of just €82.99

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    I would rather buy a Scaleway VC1S or C1 for €2.99 and pay €0.02/GB for the 1Gbps DDoS protected Premium Bandwidth. If you use 4TB of premium bw you will pay €80.00 for it. A total of just €82.99

Scaleway does not have good protection(based on my experience), and I'm pretty sure it wont act instantly so users will get disconnected before the protection kicks in.

OP you should try BuyVM(not sure if they allow proxies) or Zare.co.uk, I have 2 dedicated servers with them and the protection is top notch.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

We can provide DDoS protected virtual servers in Budapest, Hungary. DDoS protection up to 80Gbps.

You will be responsible for setting up GRE tunnels, traffic redirection (proxy) and such. In summary, we can provide you the platform.

• BlazingFast.io it will be enough for you. It provides protection for all layers.

• Get a RamNode VPS with CNServers tunneled IP in Seattle. It works for me.

• We can do this on our France nodes. Check out the link in my signature.