Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any reviews on Apachebooster?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any reviews on Apachebooster?

GBIGBI Member, Host Rep
edited April 2016 in Reviews

Currently we use Litespeed webserver on many of our server setup, however more recently we have noticed that the performance gains is not how it used to be.

In light of this I was considering other alternatives that are cheaper or in some instance even free.

I did stumble across Apachebooster, but there isn't a lot of reviews on it for production use. Some old searches reveal that it isn't a production ready product yet. There is also the Unixy plugin, but unfortunately it appears the developer has lost interest and support/updates are now non-existent.

Apachebooster, on paper, looks awesome and I wanted your honest feedback on it for production use. How have you found this? Have you had any problems? Are the developers active?

Many thanks!

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Never heard of it before, if it was free I would say go for it but as it's a paid plugin it is probably not worth while.

Have a look into https://engintron.com/

Thanked by 1GBI
  • GBIGBI Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Engintron does look good. Do you know of any others that use Nginx + Varnish together in one?

FYI the Apachebooster URL is:
    http://www.apachebooster.com

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

I remember Apachebooster from some years ago when I was looking for something to replace that expensive Litespeed Plugin for cPanel that I was using at that time.

Something about Apachebooster seemed fishy to me back then. I don't remember what it was, maybe just a feeling, but I decided not to go with that solution.
    Today, I looked at their site again and still don't feel confident about them. No idea why. Maybe it's the WHOIS protected domain, maybe some detail that I cannot put into words.

There is still Unixy's varnish+nginx plugin for cPanel:
    https://www.unixy.net/advanced-hosting/varnish-nginx-cpanel/
    I used it for some time and it worked well. Just hated their support. It was sloooow to non-existent and not very friendly if they answered at all. But that might have changed in the meantime.

Thanked by 1GBI
  • Never heard about apachebooster but https://serverpilot.io saved me from similar issues you are mentioning.

• GBIGBI Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

That's exactly what I'm going through right now. The statements and product claims for Apachebooster are bold, I've also read about the benefits of Varnish + Nginx and it seems equal or better than Litespeed, so it doesn't make financial sense to continue paying for Litespeed. Although I suppose the trust element is a big part.

Theres just something about Apachebooster which I just don't trust. I was hoping that people that have used it can either confirm this or put my mind at ease if they have really improved.

Unixy would have been ideal, but they have dropped the ball lately I think. As you state, I've also read how product updates and support is non-existent.

I'd like a plugin to use alongside cPanel. I believe ServerPilot.io is an all-in-one control panel and not a plugin designed for cPanel.

• From my own experience, I could say that Apachebooster is performing well. I recently went for 10 days free trial and brought it. If you want you can also go for a free trial. I was also confused at the beginning because of all these feedback. But after completing the trial period I am satisfied and it gives me outcome for the price paid.

• @JamesAlbert, why you bring old topic up? WHY

• @ehab said:
    @JamesAlbert, why you bring old topic up? WHY

because he just signed up to shill for it?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Falzo /inb4banhammer

Thanked by 1Falzo