Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any low end provider with GBe Private Network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any low end provider with GBe Private Network

Hi all,

Currently have a wordpress site that hosted on a kimsufi box (the i3 model, one) and an OVH VPS SSD that act as a database server. The website itself, is pretty intense using the search function, and since the kimsufi and ovh vps only has 100 mbps port, the network utilization is pretty high (almost 95-100%) most of the time.

So, now I am looking for an alternative for a provider that have a private network feature ( a low end provider one, if possible, of course). My budget range is around ~$20-30/month.

I understand that OVH Dedicated server has 1 gbps private network, but since this is kimsufi and a vps one, i don't have a clue about it. Already open a ticket both on OVH and Kimsufi, but no response until now.

All feedback are highly appreciated,

Have a nice day

Comments

• https://lunanode.com/

BHS & RBX options.

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

We have a private network available on all of our servers.. https://mnx.io/pricing for additional detail!

• @mikeyur said:
    https://lunanode.com/

BHS & RBX options.

Thanks!

@NickMNXio said:
    We have a private network available on all of our servers.. https://mnx.io/pricing for additional detail!

Okay thanks, will check the website :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2016

raises hand

Francisco

• Buyvm with offloaded mysql. Thats all you need.

• @Francisco said:
    raises hand

Francisco

Pony Express to the rescue!

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Maybe our solution meets your needs.
    We provide a Public Cloud service with NAT, vm use the local storage where they are deployed so communications between two vm is equal to local disk access time.

• Many thanks to all that shared the list. I think I have some provider that will get a try on. Thanks for all the help :)

• Dediserve has gigabit private net.

I've been meaning to ask @dediserve support if private network works between multiple resource pools (same dediserve dc) under same customer account.

If @dediserve answers it here, the world doesn't have to ask the same question again :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Try Online.net with their new 2.5 Gbit private network. But really, you should reconsider if you need to separate like that, most likely your i3 can already handle both the site and the DB.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @vimalware said:
    Dediserve has gigabit private net.

I've been meaning to ask dediserve support if private network works between multiple resource pools (same dediserve dc) under same customer account.

If dediserve answers it here, the world doesn't have to ask the same question again :)

Yes :) You can link any VMs (and Hybrids) in the same physical cloud location, over the Private LAN at gigabit.

We also provide a gigabit Storage LAN, to allow you to connect to the NAS clusters.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @rm_ said:
    But really, you should reconsider if you need to separate like that, most likely your i3 can already handle both the site and the DB.

True. Plenty of RAM to cache the hot data, if configured to.

To OP: If your kimsufi is in RBX, maybe fronting your site with 1+ varnish cache on gigabit vps from Lunanode (or another ovh reseller with gigabit) , could be the next logical upgrade, when your 100M public net becomes a TRUE bottleneck.

• @rm_ said:
    Try Online.net with their new 2.5 Gbit private network. But really, you should reconsider if you need to separate like that, most likely your i3 can already handle both the site and the DB.

In most cases yes, that would be true, but on my case, separating the two server would be the most ideal solution that works for me. Testing the scaleway server now (Using the 8 core dedicated server and 2 core VPS stack) and it seems they could handle the traffic perfectly fine after the initial burst load after the website online. The DB traffic load, often spikes at 10-20 MBps which current network able to handle just fine. Glad that I asked here, almost forget that I have an account there :)

@vimalware said:
    To OP: If your kimsufi is in RBX, maybe fronting your site with 1+ varnish cache on gigabit vps from Lunanode (or another ovh reseller with gigabit) , could be the next logical upgrade, when your 100M public net becomes a TRUE bottleneck.

I think it is true, that with some optimization separating two server would be unecessary.

But, I already gave up doing some optimization, and then do another adjustment if there are some spikes or issues. Not because I don't want to, but the time that I have is pretty limited. As I manage the site as a "hobby project", I think I already spending too much time to do the server management part, rather than updating the content. So, when I have a solution that works for me, I think I will stick to that for a while :)

@dediserve Thanks for the offer :D

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • NdhaNdha Member

@sirmbhe said:
    As I manage the site as a "hobby project"

1k/month is a hobby my bro ?? :p