Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a server with multiple IPv4 in Japan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a server with multiple IPv4 in Japan

Tokyo data centers except softlayer. Please PM me.

Comments

• i wonder who vultr is with? I can't remember exactly, but I know they offer boxes in Japan.

Thanked by 1narcissly
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

I hope you have good budget for this...

• @bacloud said:
    @MSPNick said:
    i wonder who vultr is with? I can't remember exactly, but I know they offer boxes in Japan.

Choopa? But I did not find their service in JP on their site.

• @bacloud said:

Yes... I am prepared not to be shocked.

• @MSPNick said:
    i wonder who vultr is with? I can't remember exactly, but I know they offer boxes in Japan.

Equinix iirc.

• @bitsback said:
    Equinix iirc.

IIRC? Can you provide me their website?

• Seems that server providers in JP do not use LET often:)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@narcissly What stops you from learning to quote properly? You don't realize all your posts look terrible? Here I drew a picture for you, hope it will be easy enough to understand: https://lut.im/suFRMbq264/iIYMtBM6LTQBjVfs.png

• @rm_ said:
    narcissly What stops you from learning to quote properly? You don't realize all your posts look terrible? Here I drew a picture for you, hope it will be easy enough to understand: https://lut.im/suFRMbq264/iIYMtBM6LTQBjVfs.png

Thanks, dude:) I realize how terrible my posts look like now...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

narcissly said: Thanks, dude:) I realize how terrible my posts look like now...

Great!

As for the actual question, you can check my Japanese provider page. From those which are listed there, only OneProvider uses the SoftLayer DC, if you want you can avoid it.

I did not investigate which ones provide additional IPs, as that's not a feature I personally need, and that not many people need in general; so you'll have to check each provider on your own.

I know at least ConoHa and Z.com (same parent company) provide extra IPs, though a bit expensive at 350 JPY per month per IP (about 3.2 USD).

Thanked by 1narcissly
  • @rm_ said:
    I know at least ConoHa and Z.com (same parent company) provide extra IPs, though a bit expensive at 350 JPY per month per IP (about 3.2 USD).

Wow, $3.2 for each. I wonder if I order /24 ips, whether they will charge me $3.2*256=$819.2 :)
    Thanks for your info, that really helps.

• bitsbackbitsback Member
    edited April 2016

@narcissly said:
    IIRC? Can you provide me their website?

IIRC means If I Recall (or Remember) Correctly.

And yes, I have. Source: https://twitter.com/vultr/status/451856836057366528

I don't know what website are you looking for, but:
    Equinix DC: equinix.com/locations/japan-colocation/tokyo-data-centers/
    Vultr: https://vultr.com/

@rm_ have already pointed you to a great list anyway.

@narcissly said:
    Wow, $3.2 for each. I wonder if I order /24 ips, whether they will charge me $3.2*256=$819.2 :) Thanks for your info, that really helps.

I doubt they will hand out /24 to a vps buyer. Some Japanese providers are only advertising 32 or 64 extra buyable IPs with their dedicated server offerings (Sakura for example).

Thanked by 1narcissly
  • @bitsback said:
    I doubt they will hand out /24 to a vps buyer. Some Japanese providers are only advertising 32 or 64 extra buyable IPs with their dedicated server offerings (Sakura for example).

Can't customers announce their own IPs to Japanese ASN to deduce the cost?

• You forgot how to quote very quickly :)

• @drazilox said:
    You forgot how to quote very quickly :)

Can not read any Japanese:(

• zevuszevus Member

Go with Conoha

Thanked by 1narcissly