Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS down and slow respone from virtwire support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS down and slow respone from virtwire support

RoadieRoadie Member
edited April 2016 in Providers

My vps is already down for a couple of days, it's a BudgetVZ-1G-LEB-2015 vps and AFIAK these have ticket support right?

I've created a ticket 2 days ago and i'm still waiting for support to respond on it. I know it's a budget service that i acquired but expecting a response within two days is reasonable right? I created the ticket via the my.virtwire.com portal, does anyone know an other way to get in touch with support?

Btw I also pinged user AutoSnipe using this forum, but also no response. Really i'm not posting this as a trashing provider thread, i'm genuinely looking for a way to get my vps up again.

Comments

• Not sure anyone here can really help its all up to the provider. If the employee on the forum is not answering either then not sure what else anyone can do.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

Kinda same happened to me. Just posted this today in another thread:

"Personally I don't recommend VirtWire as I had some trouble with them. Performed well while it worked but then one of my yearly machines wasnt accessible via ssh anymore and I also couldnt reinstall from their cp anymore (which atleast shouldve been possible) and was told by the staff that they dont offer support for the budget vps, which I obviously was aware of, however offering software level support and offering support for their cp not working are different Id say. I should have been atleast able to reinstall my vps. Well now it is rotting away^^"

Mine was also a Budget machine so gl :P

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I would recommend to find a new host and then see if they can help you move the files over.

• Vertwire is running by a Rude human being, after taking money, he doesn't care whether your vm is on or off, if you open ticket, he'll respond with the most rude manner., find someone else..

• jamesmejamesme Member
    edited April 2016

@tenpera said:
    Vertwire is running by a Rude human being, after taking money, he doesn't care whether your vm is on or off, if you open ticket, he'll respond with the most rude manner., find someone else..

r u ok?

• Weird. I never had any issues with them. They have always responded within the hour when I needed support. Very helpful and professional as well.

• BradBrad Member

I also use the service and have not had an issue with support. Had my service recently suspended and getting it back up as quick and easy with a ticket. Maybe there is another side to the story?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tenpera said: he'll respond with the most rude manner

Well now of course we all want to see examples.

• I've never had any issues with support either to be honest. I get fast, friendly and helpful replies.

• Well, isn't BudgetVZ a no-support service?

• @doghouch said:
    Well, isn't BudgetVZ a no-support service?

No support doesnt mean they should make sure their services are running. Also their cp (which didnt in my case) should be working regardless wheter they offer support or not.
    You cant say "hey buy our cool budget vps with our cool features such as a cp! Oh well it acctually doesnt work but no support given anyway.." . Dont get me wrong it did work for me in the beginning but when things got fuked up I couldnt even reach nor reset my vm via cp.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I just noticed my VPS with VirtWire in California was offline but a simple reboot through SolusVM fixed it.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited April 2016

NAT VPS = No Ticket Support.
    @Ympker , would it be this pre-defined reply to deal with any and all queries that are made about a NAT service for those that have not gone to the support forum, as they agreed?

I do believe, it is a quite nice way to deal with things.

EOD

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    NAT VPS = No Ticket Support.
    Ympker , would it be this pre-defined reply to deal with any and all queries that are made about a NAT service for those that have not gone to the support forum, as they agreed?

I do believe, it is a quite nice way to deal with things.

EOD

Heya,
    I did have a NAT service with you, thats right. However also had a Buget vps with dedicated ip (anually) where the same happened. Anyway I dont wanna deal with this issue anymore. I had quite a hassle when it happened but now I have commited to other companies and everything is working just fine :)