Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS - 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 50GB+ SSD, US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS - 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 50GB+ SSD, US

Can anyone recommend a decent VPS with these minimum specs for less than $5/month?

1 CPU
1GB RAM
50GB SSD storage
500GB Bandwidth

I'm on a NodeServ VPS (non-SSD) right now, and the CPU/IO is pretty bad. I can't definitely say whether it is the CPU or IO or both that is the bottleneck, but it is overall pretty slow. So I'm looking for a hopefully faster SSD VPS. Trying to keep it pretty cheap. The site won't have a large amount of traffic.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

How much I/O do you expect?

Pretty sure I can give it to you without having pure SSD nodes...

• I'll be zipping and backing up the site content daily. Will be a Wordpress site with caching enabled, so not a lot of I/O. I'd still prefer SSD if I can get it, but that may work. Thanks.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

I can offer you KVM VPS 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 1xCPU / 30GB SSD, 500GB BW , kansas City, USA for $5/month.

If you want add more ram/disk : http://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=18

• Host 4 fun? Do you really care about your client? :o

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

If we do not care about clients , I guess , they wont stay with us !

But we want our clients to stay with us longer .

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

Have you tried LeaseWeb? Check also SpeedyKVM SSD KVM VPS (annual).

• Be sure to check out our $5 special offer https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/80144/bitkumo-5-1gb-vps#latest

The $5 1GB VPS costs $5 per month and includes:

1 GB of RAM
    35 GB of SSD Storage
    1 vCPU
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 TB of transfer

Its not quite as much storage as you would like but the performance is very good on this server. Let us know if you have any questions!

• @ChadMC said:
    Can anyone recommend a decent VPS with these minimum specs for less than $5/month?

1 CPU
    1GB RAM
    50GB SSD storage
    500GB Bandwidth

I'm on a NodeServ VPS (non-SSD) right now, and the CPU/IO is pretty bad. I can't definitely say whether it is the CPU or IO or both that is the bottleneck, but it is overall pretty slow. So I'm looking for a hopefully faster SSD VPS. Trying to keep it pretty cheap. The site won't have a large amount of traffic.

You could check LeaseWeb with that spec.

• ChadMCChadMC Member
    edited April 2016

@bersy said:
    Have you tried LeaseWeb? Check also SpeedyKVM SSD KVM VPS (annual).

I'm trying out SpeedyKVM right now. So far, I'm seeing pretty good performance. Seems much better than my current server.

I looked at the LeaseWeb plans, and it looks like the cheapest plan is $5.64/month (when converted to USD) and it's only 40GB. If I go up to 60GB storage, it goes up to $11.34/month. Are there other plans that I am not seeing?
    https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

SpeedyKVM seems much more reasonable priced and meets my requirements. I chose the $4/month plan (paid annually), and I can go up to $8/month if I ever need to upgrade at some point.

Keep the suggestions coming if you see any better deals. Thanks everyone!

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

ChadMC said: I looked at the LeaseWeb plans, and it looks like the cheapest plan is $5.64/month (when converted to USD) and it's only 40GB. If I go up to 60GB storage, it goes up to $11.34/month. Are there other plans that I am not seeing? https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

No, €5 and 40GB is exactly what I meant.

If price tag is your primary target, check VPEasy KVM offers and use one-time Spring16 code on top of that.

• It looks like I'll be sticking with SpeedyKVM. Can't beat the price ($4/month when paid annually), and totally meets my specs above. Performance has been good. IO isn't quite as high as I expected for SSD (from benchmark), but it's way faster than the other server I was on, and real-world performance seems totally fine. They seem to have a pretty good reputation as well. Hopefully I'll see good uptime. Here's a benchmark: