Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute downtime (resolved)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute downtime (resolved)

Domin43Domin43 Member
edited April 2016 in General

Seems to me that MXRoute is offline folks.

edit: issue resolved

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Shouldn't be anything offline at the moment. Everything testing well here. Feeling horrible about what I had to say at that link above, but everything is online.

• @jarland said:
    Shouldn't be anything offline at the moment. Everything testing well here. Feeling horrible about what I had to say at that link above, but everything is online.

Are you sending any poptarts? :3

• OH NO! Should we panic @jarland!?!111?

• Deadpool for sure

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I want a PopTart now.

• When can I expect payment on my SLA claim?

• J1021J1021 Member

Hats off to @Jarland.

It's rare to see a business entity demonstrating complete transparency of this level. It's clear that Jarland has learnt lessons here and I'm sure it will go far in leaving his customers feeling confident that they are in good hands.

Very refreshing!

• @mikeyur said:
    When can I expect payment on my SLA claim?

This was a dam long time ago now, but I had queried Jarland about a ~possible~ outage when I was trying to setup my email accounts in Thunderbird and rather than point me to status pages or a long winded explanation he apologized upfront and credited my account immediately for half my service term. Completely out of the blue. To which I even questioned and felt guilty about.

I'm sure Jarland is going to detest me for bring it up in public and setting a precedent for current/future events but that alone as made me a life long customer of Jarlands as long as he provides a service I even remotely need.

Cheers to @Jarland for being the service provider we not only need, but deserve as well.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Umcookies said:

He's a great dude, no denying that.

But unfortunately I'm now expecting some jerk off to read your story and harass him for a credit...

mikeyur said: But unfortunately I'm now expecting some jerk off to read your story and harass him for a credit...

Nah, I have a great set of customers, I really do. Generally, they have lower expectations of me than I have of myself, they're patient and understanding, and they just want to hear an honest answer and that a plan is in place to prevent repeat scenarios.

I'm certainly far from perfect and as you can see, not immune to rookie mistakes. Over-confidence is a rookie mistake for sure.

• @mikeyur said:
    But unfortunately I'm now expecting some jerk off to read your story and harass him for a credit...

Likewise, however I'm beyond drunk at the moment so that's the last of my thoughts at the moment. Just wanted everyone to know how sincerely loyal I am to his service and why it's dam well deserved :).

I'm hoping in between the DO fiasco on here and the rest of his responsibilities he can find a little time to forgive me.

Thanked by 2jar mike0000
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Domin43 said: Seems to me that MXRoute is offline folks.

Well, it was running on DO and the free credit expired, so...

• J1021J1021 Member

• @Umcookies said:
    I'm hoping in between the DO fiasco on here and the rest of his responsibilities he can find a little time to forgive me.

Just make sure that anyone reading this thread can easily find where to signup to get onboard with the awesome service:

Signup for MXRoute HERE

http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=73

Thanked by 1Umcookies
  • viva la vida @jarland

Actually I never found provider like your naturally serve customers experience services.

You make this is not only about business and shit money, more than that you are.

Thanked by 1jar
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I really love MXroute, I have not had a single bit of spam since I signed up :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Glad to see it's worked out. I actually knew it was back on when I posted this but I didn't see any posts so I had to alert of the downtime. I was kinda expecting it to be longer than it did due to your timezone and the weekend but handled it good.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I can't imagine there was doubt it would be settled!!!! (sucking up to jarland) :D

@Domin43 said:
    Glad to see it's worked out. I actually knew it was back on when I posted this but I didn't see any posts so I had to alert of the downtime. I was kinda expecting it to be longer than it did due to your timezone and the weekend but handled it good.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Shit happens, it's life.

My noob question: Did we lose incoming mail? I assume not because I did get a bunch as usual, but I have no way to know if there weren't more sent.

deadbeef said: My noob question: Did we lose incoming mail? I assume not because I did get a bunch as usual, but I have no way to know if there weren't more sent.

You should see any missing emails trickle in throughout the day.

• @jarland said:
    You should see any missing emails trickle in throughout the day.

Cool ty