Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyKVM have something to do with their Bandwidth count
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyKVM have something to do with their Bandwidth count

KenobisVPSKenobisVPS Member
edited April 2016 in General

I used SpeedyKVM last month and suddenly got suspended because I was over the transfer cap but I paid $8 to reset the transfer data to 0. According to their record, I used up to 100 GB Transfer everyday.
As I couldn't buy more Transfer data, I moved to Ramnode although. I have been using Ramnode for 2 weeks and everything is perfect so far. Today, I visited the Ramnode VPS Control Panel and it shown that I had just used 44.2 GB in 2 weeks.

Yes, that's all I want to say. SpeedyKVM is great and the price is perfect but...

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Maybe your bandwidth use varies rather than a miscalculation on their end? What are you doing with the VPS?

• then just stay at ramnode

• RizRiz Member
    edited April 2016

While Incero (Gordon) can be a jackass, I don't think this is the case. That's a pretty significant difference and claim, what bandwidth did your interface show at SpeedyKVM?

Your machine was probably compromised at SpeedyKVM, thus recreating this at Ramnode solved the issue.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's just solusvm on both ends, I don't think that's host related. May be IP related. Some IPs get more traffic than others, we all know that's true. Not sure if it's usually THAT much different though.

• Ishaq said: Maybe your bandwidth use varies rather than a miscalculation on their end? What are you doing with the VPS?

Nah, my bw is pretty stable. I just use it to run my small website :D.

• @Windmm said:
    Nah, my bw is pretty stable. I just use it to run my small website :D.

So you have actual logs and/or monitoring to prove that you were receiving less bandwidth than SpeedyKVM was reporting?

• Are you has discused with them?

• Umcookies said: So you have actual logs and/or monitoring to prove that you were receiving less bandwidth than SpeedyKVM was reporting?

Yes, of course. Let's say I have about 10k visitors everyday and for months. It's very stable.

robohost said: Are you has discused with them?

No I haven't. I only noticed that today. I am no longer their customer so I just don't want to contact them anymore.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Is your server compromised or do you have an open resolver?

Both could be consuming a large amount of bandwidth

• @Windmm said:
    Yes, of course. Let's say I have about 10k visitors everyday and for months. It's very stable.

That's fantastic but anything a little more specific? For the time you were with SpeedyKVM you could have hit a few day where you were serving a few extra images or something else consumming an abnormal amount of bandwidth. Maybe even someone hitting your server again and again with wget's specific images. We've seen it before on this forum even.

• Awmusic12635 said: Is your server compromised or do you have an open resolver? Both could be consuming a large amount of bandwidth

Hello! No I don't think so. This happened immediately when I moved to SK from my previous shared web hosting. And it ended immediately when I moved to the new VPS.

Umcookies said: That's fantastic but anything a little more specific? For the time you were with SpeedyKVM you could have hit a few day where you were serving a few extra images or something else consumming an abnormal amount of bandwidth. Maybe even someone hitting your server again and again with wget's specific images. We've seen it before on this forum even.

Hmmm I have no idea about this man :(. I was talking a deep look before moving to a new VPS but there wasn't any problem.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Maybe one is counting inbound and the other isn't? That's the only reason I can think of.

• Once my Hostus vps got suspended for going over the bandwidth allocation. It was just idling which didn't make any sense, so checking the observium data I found it only really used a few GB. They were happy to reinstate my vps and said it was just some glitch.

Moral of the story: never trust a host to keep track of stuff like that. Track this stuff yourself because it's possible the host made a mistake.

• JacobJacob Member

Accounting mistakes happen, when developing our panel I looked at different ways and what was the most accurate but I cannot hands down say that it's 100% accurate as mistakes have and can happen, as always with automated code.

• sinsin Member

I use vnstat to keep track of my bandwidth

• SadySady Member

You could have used nload or vnstat to have a track of your BW. As others said, your VM may had been compromised.