Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.8.4 Launched (Release Branch)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.8.4 Launched (Release Branch)

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited April 2016 in General

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.8.4
This version introduces some cool new features like VPS Statistics and fixes some bugs.
The following are the complete list of changes :

1) [Feature] Added VPS Statistics on List VPS page in the Admin Panel. This page will show the VPS statistics of the resources occupied by the VPS.
NOTE: List VPS page shows the statistics from logs stored in Virtualizor and are updated every 5 minutes to 1 hour.

2) [Feature] Added VPS Statistics page that shows the RAM, CPU, Disk, Inode and Network Speed. This page will show the live statistics of the resources used by the VPS. We have combined this page from previous utilities like VPS CPU, VPS RAM, etc. so that the admin can see all resources in one utility.

3) [Feature] On XenServer CPU utilization of the VPS(s) was not available. It is available now.

4) [Feature] Added many option in Enduser panel -> VPS Configuration like NIC (Network Interface Card) selection, Secondary ISO, VGA, Acceleration and VNC Keymap. Also added setting in Admin Panel to enable/disable the NIC options available in the Enduser Panel (if admin’s dont want to offer such feature to the endusers). To enable / disable enduser NIC options go to the Admin panel -> Configuration -> Master Settings -> Enable NIC option.

5) [Task] Added tasks for VPS power options like Start, Stop, Restart and Poweroff.

6) [Task] On many wizard password fields had “autocomplete” attribute ON, so the previous passwords were shown while typing the new passwords. This is fixed now.

7) [Task] Few images like Edit VS, Delete VS changed on ListVS page.

8) [BugFix] Remote FTP Backups were failing if the FTP server was installed on windows. This is fixed now.

9) [BugFix] In the EditVS wizard, there was a minor bug for NIC selection and checkbox selection using plans. This is fixed.

10) [BugFix] When VPS was rebuilt using the Rebuild VPS wizard, the email sent to the user contained the password which was converted into HTML Entities, but the password was set correctly as expected. This is fixed.

11) [BugFix] In Enduser panel tasks were not shown in descending order. This is fixed now.

12) [BugFix] In Enduser panel Manage Subnet wizard if there were no records available at that time it was giving JS error. This is fixed.

13) [BugFix] If XM was in use on Xen, Bandwidth of the VPS(s) were not being calculated. This is fixed.

14) [BugFix] While deleting the VPS(s) in some cases the VPS LVM Block device(s) were not being deleted due to unmount issue. This is fixed now.

15) [BugFix] IP Ranges were not added for primary IPV6 and it was not shown in output of ifconfig command inside the VPS. This is fixed now.

16) [BugFix] There was a minor issue in the EditVS wizard which was causing all checkbox(s) to be checked once the VPS was edited. This is fixed.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• Nice, didn't they just bring out 2.8.3 though? Would of been nice if they support backups for none LVM storages as well I thought that was suppose to be in pipeline for updates for a while now.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Virtualizor getting better and better !

• @starservices said:
    Nice, didn't they just bring out 2.8.3 though? Would of been nice if they support backups for none LVM storages as well I thought that was suppose to be in pipeline for updates for a while now.

It is definitely in the pipeline.
    We are working on Migration improvements and Backups for the next version(s) to be launched over April.

• Loving virtualizor :)

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

Definitely some good stuff, but they could do with some testing before they release new versions :/ the products have more than a fair share of bugs due to no testing

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited April 2016

@zafouhar said:
    Definitely some good stuff, but they could do with some testing before they release new versions :/ the products have more than a fair share of bugs due to no testing

Don't they have release candidate versions now which anyone can install for testing if they want to? Unsure as to whether or not this version was subject to that stage of testing though...

Still, very good, frequent updates as usual, Virrualizor is starting to improve drastically.

• @WSCallum said:
    Still, very good, frequent updates as usual, Virrualizor is starting to improve drastically.

Well i'm commenting on a general basis. There are new versions being released with serious bugs that should have been caught by them testing new versions before they get released.

• @zafouhar said:
    Well i'm commenting on a general basis. There are new versions being released with serious bugs that should have been caught by them testing new versions before they get released.

Definitely, I would say implementing a Release Candidate version is a step in the right direction for testing, how much testing is actually done by them/anyone in general, who knows.

• Always found Virtualizor to be a great product. Can't say I use it in production but I have been using it for my own needs for a few years now. Keep up the good work!

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

@WSCallum said:
    Definitely, I would say implementing a Release Candidate version is a step in the right direction for testing, how much testing is actually done by them/anyone in general, who knows.

Based on a bug I found in another of their products I would say with certainty that no testing is performed. They release versions with critical bugs and their support team is extremely slow on acknowledging issues and fixing them.

• @WSCallum said:
    Don't they have release candidate versions now which anyone can install for testing if they want to? Unsure as to whether or not this version was subject to that stage of testing though...

This version is a "release" version only and not pushed to stable. We generally wait for 1-4 weeks based on the update and user feedback.
    This wasnt done 5-6 months before. But since the past few months we have been pushing to release first and then to stable.