Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free VPS? No, thanks. Avoid MyCPanel.co.uk, they shutdown accounts with no reason
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free VPS? No, thanks. Avoid MyCPanel.co.uk, they shutdown accounts with no reason

albertdbalbertdb Member
edited August 2011 in General

03/08 I ordered a free VPS from MyCPanel.co.uk, using real personal details.

I received order confirmation: http://pastebin.com/NSmq44mn

No VPS details received. The VPS disappeared from "My products" page of WHCMS panel.

04/08 SPAM email received.
06/08 Two SPAM email received.
08/08 SPAM email received.

11/08 SPAM email received. "VPS back in stock" Well, I would try to order it once again.

This time, I recieved order confirmation and two emails containing VPS details: This http://pastebin.com/5aSSvBvL and this http://pastebin.com/nCtR7Gv9.

I couldn't even access the VPS because of this http://pastebin.com/5M0sEH7J Well, it's a free host, uptime is not important.

12/08 I achieved to connect to the VPS. 51MB RAM instead of 256/512. Ticket opened. Here is the response: http://pastebin.com/Jy3rQG3u

Problem solved? Hahahaha. Two hours after that, my account was shutdown without even using their services.

Avoid free VPS hosts and, in particular, MyCPanel.co.uk. You will waste your time if you try.

Greetings

Thanked by 1drmike

Comments

• jhjh Member

What do you expect for free?

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited August 2011

I expect a bad service but a service. I have an account in awardspace.com for years and it's still there.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Use FreeVPS.us if you want a quality free VPS.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited August 2011

Heard about many problems with them. FreeVPS lists most of the problems: http://freevps.us/thread-1585.html

Edit: Goddamn it KuJoe, beating me by a minute.

• Thanks KuJoe but I don't really need a free VPS.

I only wanted to check for how long that business was sustainable, but now I know that it will be as long as Allard Breet (the owner) enjoys people wasting their time with his "free" services.

• May want to raise this concern in their "sales" thread:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/43/lets-sing-a-little-lullaby

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2011

KuJoe said: Use FreeVPS.us if you want a quality free VPS.

Yep KuJoe, you got that one right! MyCpanel was oversold to hell, I was downloading off yum at 11kb/s and it was an all round slow 'un.

I know this sounds like an advertisement but it aint (FreeVPS doesnt get money off you xD), it is a great community plus you get proper VPS's from proper providers.

I have the one and only BuyVM one there, never had problems with it. There are some SecureDragon, Hostigation, Accurate Hub un's and more :P I am Infinity there btw.

edited August 2011

albertdb said: I only wanted to check for how long that business was sustainable, but now I know that it will be as long as Allard Breet (the owner) enjoys people wasting their time with his "free" services.

I lol'ed when he said that they are sponsored by SingleHop to provide free VPS's for free.

• ztecztec Member

Free VPS' are just pathetic...
    I probably don't have to explain why, there are so many reason...

• {New age bs}But VPSes should be free and allowed to roam the internet looking for new and exciting information....{/New age bs}

ztec said: Free VPS' are just pathetic... I probably don't have to explain why, there are so many reason...

For example.. What do you expect, it is free. I have had no problems whatsoever with FreeVPS.us

• I heard one person got his VPS cancelled because of his root password, whoever is verifying the orders is doing a pretty bad job.

Oh, and I found the below picture from their forum thread very hilarious...

http://i53.tinypic.com/ja97v4.png

• Zetta said: Oh, and I found the below picture from their forum thread very hilarious...

http://i53.tinypic.com/ja97v4.png

ow, so thats a reason why my free service disappears from client area.. no asian.. :)

Thanked by 1sDsB
  • I'm Asian and Chinese - oh god why.

LOL, they just want the short way out of spam signups..

• Hello everyone! We want to ensure that the service we offer, is the best possible service. That is why, we are prepared to head on, deal with any issues that you have and work with you, to get your services back online!

Please email me at [email protected] to resolve any issues you may have with our services.

Thanks,
    Rob Holmes

• No offense Rob, but considering the order number (#2840710629) is included in one of those pastebin links up there, isn't that enough information to go on?

• Drmike,

We are going to be launching an investigation to directly contact all the users who we have information of within this post, users who have not provided information, we would like them to contact us!

Rob

• Hi, please remove me from your panel (or from your email address book). i'm asian. and you were send me over and over again "restock email notification". i'm registering with logou****.in domain. :D

• Mon5t3r,

Please can you contact us on live support or submit a support ticket and we will be able to happily do that for you as soon as possible! I cant remove it now for two reasons, security issues and some of the information you provided has been blanked out.

Sorry for any issues that may have been caused.

Rob

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2011

Okay guys, from my short time with them (around 2 weeks), I've gathered some useful information that you should know before spending your time with them.

Wall of text here, skip to the end if you can't read. You have been warned.

When you order a VPS, be prepared to make a support ticket and fight your way through support, their staff is extremely trigger-happy with the cancel button when they screen orders. This isn't some one-time thing, check their Twitter for more complaints, and I've referred one of my friends to them, he also had gotten cancelled. YOU WILL ALWAYS GET YOUR ORDER CANCELLED WHEN YOU ORDER. Probably some dirty way of ensuring a steady supply of VPS.

Second, their support staff is extremely incompetent, I think Allard Breet is the only competent one that actually knows what he's talking about. More than once, the rest of the staff had no idea what I was talking about, and just copy and pasted some unrelated cookie cutter response before closing my ticket.

And remember when I mentioned at the beginning that I've only been with them for 2 weeks? This is because they have cancelled my VPS, citing lack of use. I was using my VPS for a web server, and also I installed Kloxo to run a website. In my eyes, that was NOT doing nothing.

On their frontpage, it says "We Treat You As A Person, Not A Number!".
    After my experience, this blatant lie is incredibly shocking, no host, free or paid, should say anything they can't deliver right on their homepage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to take this whole thread down, but they have taught me a lesson. Pay for my VPS. Even a $1 VPS could probably beat this sorry service.

I'll stick with my generously cheap VPSes I got from the offers here at LEB, at least they'll still be up in TWO WEEKS.

TL;DR It's a free VPS, expect the worst.

I'm sure most of you knew this already and that I'm wasting my time, but in case you still had a simple glimmer of hope for them, this is what's in store for you. Just a warning.

• Zetta said: TL;DR It's a free VPS, expect the worst.

I have had several free VPSs for over a year and they have been more stable (uptime and performance) and lasted longer than some VPSs I was/am paying for. The shortest lasting free VPS lasted longer (a little over 1 month) than the shortest lasting (~20 days) of my paid VPSs too.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2011

dmmcintyre3 said: I have had several free VPSs for over a year and they have been more stable (uptime and performance) and lasted longer than some VPSs I was/am paying for.

I'm assuming those VPSes involve payment in some way, like for example some advertisements, forum posting, or linkbacks. But completely free VPSes like this one that have no requirements at all are a risky gamble and shouldn't be depended on.

• Hello Zetta,

Allow me to point out some incorrect information within your post just there.

"YOU WILL ALWAYS GET YOUR ORDER CANCELLED WHEN YOU ORDER." - Wrong.
    "Second, their support staff is extremely incompetent" - Wrong.
    "just copy and pasted some unrelated cookie cutter response before closing my ticket." - Wrong (We dont have a copy and paste database or Staff FAQ.)

We are happy to talk over any issues that you have been having. However, the information you have provided is simply untrue.

Rob

edited August 2011

Zetta said: I'm assuming those VPSes involve payment in some way, like for example some advertisements, forum posting, or linkbacks. But completely free VPSes like this one that have no requirements at all are a risky gamble and shouldn't be depended on.

Yep, some of the VPS's are sponsored there, some dmmcintyre3 pays for form advertisements etc. It is post2host, I have been there for about 8 months, no problems :)

• MycPanel said: "YOU WILL ALWAYS GET YOUR ORDER CANCELLED WHEN YOU ORDER." - Wrong.

The first time I ordered one it got cancelled. My friend even tried to order twice and they got instantly cancelled. We both live in the US and used valid information. And don't play me for an idiot, I've checked your Twitter and saw everyone get theirs cancelled. My whole review up there is based on my experience, which to be honest, felt like jumping a bunch of hurdles.

Mine got cancelled, lets see their explanation:

MyCpanel Support said: Your account was terminated as our system automatically detected your VPS as not in use. This was either because you had no files on your account, or there was no processes running. We ran the activity scanner on Saturday.

I don't see how their "automated" can detect nsd, thttpd and pureftpd running as no processes. I also had all of my backups on that VPS unless my account got compromised, which I really don't think is the case.

Then as anyone would do I asked if I get my VPS back, then one of their staff goes and misquotes me from this exact site. They thought I was Zetta,

MyCpanel Support said: As you said on Lowend talk, we are pathetic.

I said, fair enough, mistakes are mistakes, I even pointed them to this thread and showed them my username. They saw the post I made about it being oversold and that I was downloading off an official CentOS repo at just under 12kb/s and blankly denied that. I remember the night that I was waiting for yum to finish and reading 11kb/s.

And then they go quoting me from the FreeVPS shoutbox, yes I did say that "MyCpanel was crap because they terminated my account" and that was posted while I was waiting for a response to my ticket enquiring on why my VPS was terminated. I assured them that that was the most I said about them publicly but no, they go to the next level of lies.

This all happened the day after I posted in the shoutbox, (I happened to post at around midnight so it would come up as the next day). I was on live chat too at around the same time the ticket's were exchanged. They tried to match the timestamp of the last message exchange on the livesupport to yesterdays post on the shoutbox. The reason they could match that was because either they weren't registered so were using the default time zone which is different to the one on livesupport (livesupport used UK times), or the user they had registered was using a different timezone or they just fabricated it all.

I ofcourse disputed that as it was a total misunderstanding and or lie, and they said:

MyCpanel Support said: I'm afraid your wrong. You continue to waste our time.

That being a complete neglection of the facts. In the end they said I wasn't welcome and banned me.

MycPanel said: That is why, we are prepared to head on, deal with any issues that you have and work with you, to get your services back online!

Funny that they did the exact opposite to me!

MycPanel said: we would like them to contact us!

Yep, I sure did that and didn't get anywhere.

Thanked by 1dmmcintyre3
  • Humza,

You continued to ask the same question over and over again after being blatantly rude. The shoutbox message from FreeVPS timestamp matches after our conversation.

We do want people to contact us and we have already resolved 1 persons issue! Sometimes VPS's get cancelled if people continue ordering after we sell out as WHMCS does this for some unknown reason! We are looking into this. Just because 2 people have been cancelled, does not mean others do as well.

Most of the people who have been cancelled on twitter is because of legitment reasons. We will continue to resolve issues as they arise. Please continue getting in touch as quite a few already have!

Rob

MycPanel said: You continued to ask the same question over and over again after being blatantly rude. The shoutbox message from FreeVPS timestamp matches after our conversation.

What "same" question, the question I was asking was "am I going to get my VPS back?". Oh, sorry thats a criminal offence.

Oh and regarding the FreeVPS shoutbox, how about asking someone that was actually there when I posted it on the shoutbox.

Just because you solved others issues, that makes it right to just close my ticket and ban me?

• Humza,

You were banned due to abusing our staff and wasting our time. I have asked someone who was actually there at the time, Myself and two other people. It has been confirmed.

I have decided that instead of continuing to rebut these blatant lies repeatedly, I will no longer be posting on here. Any user wishing to resolve past problems and get services back online can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Rob