Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudatcost server 90% off (one time payment) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudatcost server 90% off (one time payment)

Comments

• ouch!, some crazy overselling that

• info_hashinfo_hash Member
    edited April 2016
    Cloud At Cost is in the process of adding additional hardware to support growing demand.

We will begin powering up new fully loaded blade chassis today.

This will speedup server deployments and performance over all.

https://members.cloudatcost.com/index.php?fuse=home&view=announcement&controller=announcements&ann_id=90

Interesting.

TarZZ92 said: ouch!, some crazy overselling that

For that price it has to be, isn't it? But hey.. it's a real low end box ;-)

I noticed that my (idling) debian VPS is reporting using lots of ram, while there is no app to consume this memory:

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          494M       487M       6.5M       3.2M        14M        98M
    -/+ buffers/cache:       375M       119M
    Swap:         459M       1.3M       458M

• info_hash said: For that price it has to be, isn't it? But hey.. it's a real low end box ;-)

yeah overselling, but this is something quite above that (than your typical overselling or GVH style)

edited April 2016

TarZZ92 said: yeah overselling, but this is something quite above that (than your typical overselling or GVH style)

:-)

Nonetheless, I hardly understand why they do that. This pricing make it impossible to get into their running costs (or could they oversell resources enough?) and they give 2 IPv4 per VPS... Maybe they need to justify IP usage?

• Maybe change image also?

Why should I create, recreate. I paid for the service, I was not provided. virmach on at the same price all clearly working

edited April 2016

Andrey11 said: I paid for the service, I was not provided.

I hope you'll get your refund, good luck! It took more than 48 hours for them to create my VPS, since then it works fine. I'll monitor it a bit to see how it goes and if it's reliable enough to host something on. I feel like they deliver orders but it takes a long time as they seem to have a huge queue of vps creation...

• Just found out that it's actually resources you're getting rather than just a VPS, so you can just create servers as long as you have resources. My $17.50/forever purchase could get me 6x 512MB servers. Pretty neat!

• @mpkossen said:
    Just found out that it's actually resources you're getting rather than just a VPS, so you can just create servers as long as you have resources. My $17.50/forever purchase could get me 6x 512MB servers. Pretty neat!

Until you find out that apt-get upgrade takes 2 hours.

• There is a Russian proverb: "miser pays twice." Here this case. It is better to overpay and to use normal service than this shit.

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy tux
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Until you find out that apt-get upgrade takes 2 hours.

I've been waiting for over two days for a server to be created.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mpkossen said: I've been waiting for over two days for a server to be created.

yeah there seem to be a huge queue that needs to be created first but in the end it works..

• can't ssh to my vps

• @sandro said:
    can't ssh to my vps

Try rebooting it. Does the trick most of the time. Will take a while to reboot though :)

• Now I'm in but to complete a single apt-get install takes ages...

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2016

@mpkossen said:
    I've been waiting for over two days for a server to be created.

It's okay, last time I waited a week and half to get "install failed, try again" message.

• You guys are gluttons for punishment.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • Works fine for me, order two of them. Wait two days and tick couple of times reboot and on/off button.

Andrey11 said: There is a Russian proverb: "miser pays twice." Here this case. It is better to overpay and to use normal service than this shit.

There a another one for you ,,Do not look at a given horse's teeth,,

• 3rk3rk Member

Best servers ever. Price quality relationship is great.

• Indeed. Servers are already offline for more than 24 hours. I knew this offer was too good to be true (way to good, impossible odds as too good) but I am a sucker fish and I took the bait. For some reason though I still feel happy, and this is what worries me.

Thanked by 1labrax
  • default said: Indeed. Servers are already offline for more than 24 hours. I knew this offer was too good to be true (way to good, impossible odds as too good) but I am a sucker fish and I took the bait. For some reason though I still feel happy, and this is what worries me.

this is common from them.. plus the shit old hw.

• @default said:
    Indeed. Servers are already offline for more than 24 hours. I knew this offer was too good to be true (way to good, impossible odds as too good) but I am a sucker fish and I took the bait. For some reason though I still feel happy, and this is what worries me.

DC2? Just reboot and you will get another few hours. I believe only DC2 has this issue (or maybe it's the new templates they created that has some code that does this). My DC1 is still up and running (slowly), already been up for 178 days.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • ChuckChuck Member

Is there a big diff between CloudPRO 2 and CloudPRO 3?

4 vCPU Core should be better than 2 vCPU Core, right?

How come both of my servers run like crap? I have CloudPRO 2 and CloudPRO 3.

• 3rk3rk Member
    edited May 2016

@Chuck said:
    Is there a big diff between CloudPRO 2 and CloudPRO 3?

4 vCPU Core should be better than 2 vCPU Core, right?

How come both of my servers run like crap? I have CloudPRO 2 and CloudPRO 3.

It's resources, not servers.. So you can setup the servers as you like and you'll just get mors resources to use.

How come they run like crap? Read this topic and you'll know.. Maybe they're not so much running like crap if you remember what you paid for..

• They have a 80% off promo running - promo code is EWB24EWB2, making it 7$ for the smaller package.

After a few weeks of testing, I can say that it's not so bad (given the price) and can be ok to host a small website. Didn't try to deploy a big instance to see how far it can be pushed though.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

VPS online for a long time, first time was offline several times but now online for a long time. Best buy ever :)

Thanked by 1postcd
  • MunMun Member

@fitvpn said:
    VPS online for a long time, first time was offline several times but now online for a long time. Best buy ever :)

It is a good thing I know you're word isn't credible.

Thanked by 2netomx cassa
  • sandrosandro Member
    edited June 2016

The network just sucks. Everything is always below 1MB/s. Also ssd performs worse than pata disks.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

sandro said: The network just sucks. Everything is always below 1MB/s.

I got 5>8Mbps, that normal for Canada. And what you expect from this freebie?

• sandrosandro Member
    edited June 2016

I don't expect anything I was just saying.

This is my result, strangely better than usual (sorry forgot how to format code :( )

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X7560 @ 2.27GHz
    CPU Cores : 2
    Frequency : 2261.000 MHz
    Memory : 992 MB
    Swap : MB
    Uptime : 15:45,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 4.4.0-22-generic
    Hostname : ubuntu

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Location Provider Speed