Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rented a Datacenter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rented a Datacenter

lizanetlizanet Member
edited April 2016 in General

Hi,

I need your opinions regarding something :P
I've rented a datacenter room in Lithuania, Europe.

I have connected 12 MikroTIK modems with a "64 IPv4 Range /26" and 1GBbit connection link.

EDIT:

• 10GBit DDoS protection.
  • 54 boxes are connected to the connection.
  • 17,000 (approx.) square feet
  • The datacenter is SSAE 16 certified
  • Unmetered bandwidth

Do you guys think I'm suitable to be a dedicated servers provider?

Kind regards,

Steven D.

BIG EDIT AND PROOF:

Yesterday I've worked hard on the datacenter and I've stayed there, and my friend brought his camera and took the following:

- In this picture I mean the boxes are the same which my datacenter own, but this isn't my picture. - https://wikimediablog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/800px-wikimedia_foundation_servers-8055_24.jpg

Do you guys think I'm suitable to be a dedicated servers provider?
  1. Do you guys think I'm suitable to be a dedicated servers provider?88 votes
    1. Yes
      30.68%
    2. No
      69.32%

Comments

• MadMad Member
    edited March 2016

If you have enough Linux, network and routing experience and a good team then why not.

Make sure to get the servers racked and packed though :)

• What's the use of a datacenter room if nothing in terms of servers is in there? xD

• @andreamada said:
    If you have enough Linux, network and routing experience and a good team then why not.

Good team, not yet :D

@FlamesRunner said:
    What's the use of a datacenter room if nothing in terms of servers is in there? xD

There's, If I've received much "Yes" votes, then I'll add the plans and buy the RAMs, disks and server processor + server cores.

• BochiBochi Member

@flexnet said:
    There's, If I've received much "Yes" votes, then I'll add the plans and buy the RAMs, disks and server processor + server cores.

Are your serious?!
    Not sure if this is kind of an early aprils fool...

• @Bochi said:
    Not sure if this is kind of an early aprils fool...

No not early April fool.

I meant, when I receive the first payments I'll convert them into cash (from Credit Card > Bank = Cash) then I'll buy the required specifications and connect them to the network, and surely linking it to the control panel - clients area.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MunMun Member

Nice April fools joke. However, you didn't fool me.

• If your even asking please don't.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • Joke, Blabla..

Why not?

• MunMun Member

@flexnet said:
    Joke, Blabla..

Why not?

Because I could shut down your entire "datacenter" with a small DDOS attack.

Because that is not nearly enough network bandwidth to handle most of anything.

Because you have no fucking experience.

Because you have 12 cheap modems, instead of 1 router to handle the actual load that will bound to happen.

Because you haven't thought any of this through.

Because you are asking -low end talk- if this is going to be feasible.

Because your signature:

Share me all your saved MEME-s, I really like to share MEME-s for the stupidity-s. And > I'm not a provider, so do not ask me regarding offers, IP allocations, etc..

Because you haven't come to understand that actual hardware cost for running an operation like this.

Because you have zero redundancy in place.

• flexnet said: I have connected 12 MikroTIK modems with a "64 IPv4 Range /26" and 1GBbit connection link.

There is quite a well known (will remain unnamed for now) dedicated server provider here on LET that uses Mikrotik Routerboards for their core router.

Every IP I have tested ends up passing through it. So if its good enough for them, I'd venture its good enough for a small operation.

• Mun said: Because I could shut down your entire "datacenter" with a small DDOS attack.

Because that is not nearly enough network bandwidth to handle most of anything.

Because you have no fucking experience.

Because you have 12 cheap modems, instead of 1 router to handle the actual load that will bound to happen.

Because you haven't thought any of this through.

Because you are asking -low end talk- if this is going to be feasible.

Thank you for all your suggestions and feedbacks.

I already have 2 MikroTik modems in my house for personal uses, and they're really awesome and easy-management, have you even tried MikroTik before sending this reply?

Also you haven't even tested me for my experience, because I'm 34 and I'm in the experience for 10 years till now, while I have faced all the Linux, Windows and Virtualization problems.

Ah, just forget to add 1 point which was going to be "10GBit DDoS protection"

• lizanetlizanet Member
    edited March 2016

The whole discussion is updated with more information including the space of the datacenter and the DDoS protection connection which is connected to the data-center.

Also added that's we have got 54 boxes are included in the datacenter, and included that's the connection have got Unmetered bandwidth.

Also the datacenter is SSAE 16 certified

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

flexnet said: Do you guys think I'm suitable to be a dedicated servers provider?

So silly question...shouldn't you have decided that before now?

I just spent $1 billion build a semiconductor fabrication plant. Do you think I should be DRAM manufacturer? No? Oh drat, wasted the money.

Thanked by 3netomx lazyt jvnadr
  • raindog308 said: So silly question...shouldn't you have decided that before now?

I just spent $1 billion build a semiconductor fabrication plant. Do you think I should be DRAM manufacturer? No? Oh drat, wasted the money.

Maybe I was drunk to start this discussion, because even no one knew my experience.

~ Please, any moderator close this discussion, I'll firstly show you some of my experiences.

• If you can give me a free dedi then that would be a big yes! lol

Thanked by 2netomx lazyt
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@raindog308 said:

1 billion? Early retirement hehe :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

[redacted, didn't read]

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If you have to ask then probably not.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:

Do they start with B and ends with uyVM?

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • flexnet said: Maybe I was drunk to start this discussion, because even no one knew my experience.

Drinking experience - very good.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

I would rent server from you , but not for production and will see if every thing are good or bad and also if you can stay longer .

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2016

flexnet said: 1GBbit connection link

is it just one 1GBbit link? do you think it will be enough to share with 500+ servers? I think for datacenter with 500 servers it will be great to have at least 5 x 10GBbit links

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Ha, for a time I sold dozens of dedis and VMs on a 100Mbps fiber link. Not a single complaint! Oh, and it was running on an EdgeRouter Lite. And no outage ever caused by network.

• You can do it!

• 3 parts of the datacenter are taken as screenshots by my friend's camera.

Discussion edited! :)

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

@flexnet said:
    3 parts of the datacenter are taken as screenshots by my friend's camera.

Seems legit

http://datacenter.flexnet.host/images/datacenter2.png

vs.

https://wikimediablog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/800px-wikimedia_foundation_servers-8055_24.jpg

Oh, God.

• @Andreix said:

In this picture, I meant the boxes are same.
    Also you can see this one is .PNG while the others are .JPG

The .JPG pictures are the ones which are captured by my friend's camera.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Yeah, nice one :)

• lizanetlizanet Member
    edited April 2016

Problems on "datacenter.flexnet" node

• We've received an account closing task on our website where the datacenter pictures are uploaded. We've already opened a ticket to get our account re-enabled again.

• So for now, you can't see the datacenter pictures, please stay tuned! :)

• Stop playing april fool jokes. Its getting old now

This discussion has been closed.