Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with UGVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with UGVPS

2»

Comments

• @Spirit, if you see something, tell something ;)

• strange for Crystal not to reply ticket, never happen to me, in most case's it was more chat then ticket reply

• Ok, long time lurker, first time posting so be gentle with me. Its only a post to confirm that I too have experienced the same as the OP this week with UGVPS.

Bought a VPS that has been down more than it has been up and even had the closed but unanswered ticket phenomenon.

So far the slow network had been blamed on my apache / mysql setup (even though I disabled MySQL to prove that it wasn't that), now the DDOS and the latest reason I have woken up to is the server is running a FSCK and will be back up after that. The server is still down for me.

Rough week, yes it has been - couple that with less than speedy support replies, closing tickets and the initial blame pushed at me and, unlike most reviews I see around, I won't be hanging around with UGVPS past my next billing date. I just want the server up so I can get my backups (yes, I hadn't made an offsite one as I had only been working on the server for three days!) and get it to the new server I have got ready and waiting!

• UGVPSUGVPS Member
    edited February 2013

@joodle said: Ticket ID: #485446

On Tuesday, someone decided to flood one of our emails (which was set to pipe into WHMCS), receiving nearly 250 tickets of spam into my helpdesk. In haste, I may have closed a few legitimate tickets by accident, and will be more careful next time. Go ahead and make me another ticket and I will add a free month to your account for this since it was my negligence.

@Botninja - welcome to LET! I will admit this week has been extremely crazy with things happening all over the place. As others have said, this is not the normal.

It seems like I just couldn't catch a break this week with UKNode2C, first it was DDoS/network related problems, but later on Tuesday we ran into problems with the server requiring multiple forced FSCK checks. This morning, after hours of working with the DC, we discovered that 2 drives in the RAID10 array were failing which was the cause of the constant forced FSCK checks the server was requiring. I don’t want to speak too soon, but I think that we finally found the resolution here and put an end to all of the issues we’ve experienced because the server has been stable for 13+ hours since we replaced the drives this morning.

Same goes for you - feel free to make me a ticket to get a free month added, and if you'd prefer a migration to another UK node, or even one of my US locations I can arrange that for you.

-Crystal

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'm not a customer of UGVPS but I will say this that the customer service is excellent.

• i'm customer of UGVPS, just say every things is very good. perfect network, perfect performance, perfect price ^^
    I got 3GB ram for only 5.5$/month and no downtime, no lag, no isssues, just open only two ticket for maxmind error when signup and rDNS

sorry my bad english, i'm vietnamese

• As a recipient of one of UGVPS Sponsorship VPS's, they have been great - even for the free service.

So far I have no recorded downtime and support response time was no more than a couple of hours on the one ticket I have submitted.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@ugvps kudos to you for trying to make it up to your customers, im not a customer but surely ill keep your company in mind if i need vps based on your thread responses. Also good luck op

• Give her a chance guys and I am sure she will straighten things out here.

UGVPS is s she? :o

Not that I care, but I don't see many womans here.

• welcome to LET

• With "here" I meant the hosting branche.

However I still miss atleast 1 woman in the pool :p

• @black rofl, there's your let #meetup

• Be carreful with UGVPS. After more than 24 hours I had no connection to my server, I wrote to the support team. And the reply was: This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. A week ago I had a problem with spam, but it was resolved. And now, a week later, they block my server, but they do not tell me why I can not access it for more than 24 hours. Just think before ordering. I put the company in my personal blacklist.