Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with StatusCake
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with StatusCake

I'll start by saying I always liked StatusCake. For a reasonable length of time I used them as a paid customer. About a year ago I dropped down to their free plan as my usage needs changed and a fairly simple monitoring system didn't cut it to so I switched to a combination of Zabbix and KS Host Monitor spread across multiple VM' and carried on using StatusCake for my personal use only.

A couple of weeks back I went to change a test I had with them. But all of my test had disappeared. So I contacted their support. Apparently because I'd been inactive they had sent me an email telling me that my tests would be deleted. I know that the tests had been working about 10 days before because I had an alert both Pushover, SMS and Email. So I could work out the timeframe this email would of been sent and it hadn't been received. I'd changed a test a few weeks previous to that test.

They stalled on answering any questions. Asking for more time to look into the issue. I asked every day for about a week and then gave up. Today I've gone back and asked if the issue has been looked at. They confirm that, according to their records I hadn't logged in for three month and that's it all the test had gone. They can't or won't give me any confirmation of when the email was sent "But it definitely would of been sent". Which I doubt it was as they can't provide any proof of time / date for it.

I accept that as a freeloader I am a low priority for them, as it should be, but who clears an account out with no backup and only a single email? As they have two alternative methods of contacting me surely they could used Pushover or SMS (which I have credits in my account for).

Just want to let you know of my experiance. I'm sure there are many people who have nothing but positives. As a paid service they had the great feature of being relatively cheap but that appears to be gone as well.