Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rootnerds - A month without service and support. What should i do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rootnerds - A month without service and support. What should i do?

Hello,
i've got a rootnerds VPS XXL from over 2 years and never had an issue with it. However, during an outage probably happened 3 months ago, all the data on my VPS was lost and it was reinstalled from scratch with an ubuntu image. I don't have a backup (yes,...i know...). As soon as i found out that all my websites were offline, i've contacted their support. It was 29th of Febraury and as of today, after a month, i got only precompiled reply like
"the responsible staff will reply as soon as possible.".
They also says that
"If you have not booked any Service Level Agreement with us, we will resolve this ticket on a best effort basis. Please note however, that SLA customers have priority. In case you wish to book a Service Level Agreement with us, please write in to our Sales Department at [email protected]".
So i've also asked to book a SLA to solve the issue, but they never gave a reply.

I have to say that their support is pratically inexistent. I'm asking to you, what should i do? I would like to know at least if data is recoverable even if i have to pay to get it back..but talking with their support, is like talking to a wall.

Thanks.

Comments

1. do backups
    2. if someone not satisfy your needs, you always have a chose from a lot of quality providers around.
    Thanked by 1netomx
  • Of course i've always be very careful about backuping my personal data. However i didn't pay the right attention to backup my VPS :\
    And of course, i've already chosen another provider and also bought a backup VPS with daily images of the main one.

But the question remains is it really painful to get a single reply from a company? I just want to know if they can restore my data. A "yes" or "no" would be enough.

@desperand said:
    1. do backups
    2. if someone not satisfy your needs, you always have a chose from a lot of quality providers around.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Phone them: +49 (0) 89-21546670-10

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They can't restore your data, if they could have they would have, I promise you as a host it is a lot easier that way.

If they could restore but chose not to and can't even be bothered to reply to a ticket after a month you have zero hope of ever getting that data.

Add on top of this that they are just resellers of a company with an even worse reputation for giving a shit about customers then you really have to just chalk this up to a bad choice and move on.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • cociucociu Member

you can forgott your data, 1 month is`t 1 day

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Ditch it, go for Paypal dispute, maybe you can get some or all Money back.

• emgemg Veteran

Your data is gone. Find another provider.