Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I renew my Crissic(Quadranet) VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should I renew my Crissic(Quadranet) VPS?

Well, last year Crissic was doing a promotion, around 10~15 USD a year for a 512mb, 100gb ram openvz vps. Today I got an email from Quadranet saying that my old crissic vps was about to expire and offered me to renew it: 13USD a year for it.
Should I renew it? As it's just so dirt cheap... But I don't really have a use for it right now...
It seems everyone hates Quadranet right now... To me they seem pretty nice, I guess not many company still allow you to renew your super cheap vps...

Comments

• MunMun Member

• PandyPandy Member

no idea if its something that should be covered (or if you did cover it under your current payment method) but the invoice number is at the bottom of the pic as attachment

• stormeye said: But I don't really have a use for it right now

Then no, let it lapse.

• @Pandy said:
    no idea if its something that should be covered (or if you did cover it under your current payment method) but the invoice number is at the bottom of the pic as attachment

I know, saw it after I posted it... whatever, just leave it there...

• stormeye said: t seems everyone hates Quadranet right now

As far as I can tell, most people are butt-hurt because Quadranet seems to be deprecating low-end services.

Here at LEB, if you don't offer low-end services, your products are automatically over-priced garbage that will surely cause the world to explode in a spectacular fireball.

• I cancelled mine. Had one of those with 2 IPS so a steal for $15 a year but as I got moved out of Jacksonville I didn't really need it anymore. Crissic has always been stable and great for me. Got nothing against quadrant but you know... I liked the company I was dealing with and I'm just not sure about them now.

• I did my renewal a few days before the transition. my Crissic 512VZ was rock solid for me. After the acqusition, I had a few downtimes and did not get a satisfying reply from support. I will not renew mine this summer. Guess this is what they wanted

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well, renew, because there's no TOS/AUP so anything goes!

Sorry...should have resisted that joke but couldn't.

• ATHKATHK Member

@DreamCaster said:
    After the acqusition, I had a few downtimes and did not get a satisfying reply from support. I will not renew mine this summer. Guess this is what they wanted

I also had a fair few downtime and quality issues but support was fast for me, I supplied all the detail I could and it's been solid for the past few months..

• Happy with mine still, I'd renew as the price is pretty sweet.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Don't renew. Crap!