Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server

spyroptspyropt Member
edited March 2016 in Requests

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to purchase a dedicated server on which I'll be running proxmox.
Requirements:
Dual CPU Xeon X56xx or a Dual CPU Xeon E5-26xx, or feel free to offer any others you might have aslong as it is at least 12 or more cores, also not looking for the newest top notch ones, old ones are fine aslong as their working.
64GB Minimum RAM
I'll probably need a /26 and 2x /28's IP Allocations.
Minimum 30TB Bandwidth.
Disks: 1TB HDD + 250GB SSD or 500GB SSD or 2x1TB HDD for Raid.
Budget: 80-120$.

Thanks for your time, and have a good day.

Comments

• Quadix i fyou are looking for cheap deal.
    Needaserver
    Versaweb
    Datashack/Wholesaleinternet

• @dodheimsgard said:
    Quadix i fyou are looking for cheap deal.
    Needaserver
    Versaweb
    Datashack/Wholesaleinternet

Already know most of these, and the only one interesting enough is wholesaleinternet, but I don't think they sell additional IP's, but still I sent them an email.

Still looking for more offers!

• @mikeyur, @qps, @VyprNetworks, @MSPNick, @key900 and many more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanked by 2mike0000 letbox
  • @Junkless said:
    quadhost

Thanks for the mention.

@spyropt we don't currently have anything available in the US however if the UK works then we would be more than happy to quote. We wouldn't be in the $120/m ballpark for E5's with IP's included though, we do have some nice offers on E3v5's that may be more suitable.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited March 2016

@ThracianDog said:
    mikeyur, qps, VyprNetworks, MSPNick, key900 and many more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for the mention, I can get some more, though I have none ready to go at the moment.

• spyroptspyropt Member
    edited March 2016

@quadhost said:
    spyropt we don't currently have anything available in the US however if the UK works then we would be more than happy to quote. We wouldn't be in the $120/m ballpark for E5's with IP's included though, we do have some nice offers on E3v5's that may be more suitable.

Which E3's ? Also the price would be in £ if I'm not mistaken ?

@MSPNick said:
    Thanks for the mention, my boxes went this morning :)

But what can you get and for what prices ?

• @spyropt said:
    But what can you get and for what prices ?

Im mainly getting new e3-1240v5s at the moment, with 2x500 gb SSDS and 32gb ddr4 ram.

• @MSPNick said:

Is there a possiblity to scale down the ammount of ram + the ammount of storage and hopefully the price aswell ?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

We can do Dual X5660 48GB RAM 2x 240GB SSD or 2x 1TB 30TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps 20Gbps DDoS Mitigation $100 per month. We can't include the IPS with that price

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited March 2016

@spyropt said:
    Which E3's ?

E3-1240v5's or higher in brand new SM chassis with n+1 power and dual diverse network uplinks to each box.

Also the price would be in £ if I'm not mistaken ?

Yes, we bill in GBP / £.

• Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @spyropt said:

These are pretty much set in stone.

• @MSPNick said:

I think it goes a bit beyond my budget, I dont need that much storage and that ram should be a bit more expensive then what I normally get, but for how much are you looking to sell ?

• @OP
    Wholesale offer additional IPs.
    If you need alot of CPU power dont go with E3s - E3 looks like joke compared to dual E5 (xeon 5650, 5639).

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Dual Xeon L5639 (24 Threads ) / 70 GB / 440 GB RAID 1 / 5 TB / $90 month

Seattle based. We can scale up or down to fit what you need.

More info here: http://virpus.com/bare-metal.php
    Or, open a sales ticket here: https://my.virpus.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

• @spyropt said:

It's £90 incl VAT (£72 excluding)

• @FredQc said:
    Maybe this:

https://orders.servercomplete.com/config-18.order Coupon 5650X30OFF

Any chance on fewer drives or maybe a single 250 / 500GB SSD and maybe a cheaper price?

@Virpus said:
    Dual Xeon L5639 (24 Threads ) / 70 GB / 440 GB RAID 1 / 5 TB / $90 month

Seattle based. We can scale up or down to fit what you need.

More info here: http://virpus.com/bare-metal.php
    Or, open a sales ticket here: https://my.virpus.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

Very low bandwidth, can't do less then 30TB really.

To anyone else, are the IPv4 allocations rising the price up lately or is it just me ?

Thanked by 1Virpus
  • spyropt said: To anyone else, are the IPv4 allocations rising the price up lately or is it just me ?

A /26 costs us the same as 1U colo, go figure :P

• ratherbak3d said: A /26 costs us the same as 1U colo, go figure :P

How much would that be? :)