Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Free] New Puny OpenVZ VPS in Seattle, WA with 1 IPv4 @100Mbps port From a not so good Provider...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Free] New Puny OpenVZ VPS in Seattle, WA with 1 IPv4 @100Mbps port From a not so good Provider...

rahulksrahulks Member
edited March 2016 in General

Btw its Sentris Network LLC and
Specs/config of vps :

1GB of Disk space
    16MB of RAM ( This is why i said Puny in the title)
    25GB of bandwidth per month
    100Mbps port
    1 Static IPv4
    CPU: 1

https://sentris.net/billing/cart.php?gid=18

Test IP : 208.76.152.210
Free after coupon: freevps (This works for New Users only)
Order link : https://sentris.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=814

screenshot of the page:

btw i found this from freeserver.us/
You can visit the url above to know more.
At this time of posting its in stock , I cant use the promocode because i already have an account with them. Just sharing this deal.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

CPUs: 1 Swap Size: 8 Disk Size: 1 Memory Size: 16 OS Template: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit Bandwidth in MB: 25000

Just placed my order. Now, this is going to be fun!

• looks enterprise

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • @K4Y5 they had Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit Minimal on the OS Template list....

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@rahulks said:
    K4Y5 they had Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit Minimal on the OS Template list....

Damn it! I need to re-learn to be patient.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Sentris are not that bad. Their network was stable, support was not great, but they were fast on all kinds of issues. They are deffinetely unmanaged provider. However they are not bad, or at least they weren't when I used them.

I am about to order one VPS, just for the old times.

• enough for vpn?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

@AlexBarakov said:
    Their network was stable

Thanked by 2cassa netomx
  • ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited March 2016

Most of orders will be fraud with them and you need to provide ID, I have one account from some promo with them and they are real pain in the a.. provider if you ask me, don't use them for something important. Support is arrogant and not sure if I can call them half professional. Bandwith is overpriced and if you spend more you will pay some crazy $ to get your server up again.

• let it go , to small 16mb ram

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ZEROF said:
    Most of orders will be fraud with them and you need to provide ID, I have one account from some promo with them and they are real pain in the a.. provider if you ask me, don't use them for something important. Support is arrogant and not sure if I can call them half professional. Bandwith overprice and if you spend more you will pay some crazy $ to get your server up again.

For the princely sum of $0.00 that I paid for the VPS, I am sure they will respond to every single query in the nicest way possible, within the shortest period of time, and then bend over backwards to accommodate my every requirement.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited March 2016

@K4Y5 What I said is global, not about this "fake" promo. They are good for Tor server farm, network is not bad, just keep eye on bandwith. Services like this can't be used for something normal, share it for privacy fight.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ZEROF said:
    K4Y5 What I said is global, not about this "fake" promo. They are good for Tor server farm, network is not bad, just keep eye on bandwith. Services like this can't be used for something normal, share it for privacy fight.

Yeah, that is for sure. Let's see how this turns out though.

• 10$ for reinstall?

• @buihuynhhung said:
    10$ for reinstall?

Free come with many restrictions.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited March 2016

Is this good for bitcoin mining? :P

• @farsighter said:
    Is this good for bitcoin mining? :P

Haha definitely.

Thanked by 2Four20 netomx
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Stay away from their 'free' servers.

I 'ordered' one a few days ago. I chose Debian as my OS.
    After finishing the order process, the VM didn't come up.
    It was created but showed "0 GB disk usage" and status remained "stopped".
    I tried (re)starting it through their control panel several times, but it didn't change anything. Stuck at state stopped, and no disk usage.
    For me this looks like the automated process didn't properly extract the server template.

Because this was some error with their processing system, I opened a ticket describing this issue and I kindly asked them to check the deployment of my VPS.

Well, the result was that they closed my ticket without any reply and cancelled my service. WTF?!

So maybe if you have luck and their system works for you, fine. But do not expect to get any kind of support - neither any support regarding their systems.

Then I 'bought' one of the paid OVZ plans. Also Seattle with custom backbone at 3.50 USD per year. That's LES price range, but with dedicated IP. And they actually have a really decent network on their custom backbone in Seattle.

This time the order wasn't processed automatically, either. Payment stuck at pending. I opened a ticket again, and they actually replied. Telling me that PayPal IPN didn't work and they manually acitvated my order. So now I finally got my VM. :) And with the paid VMs you can actually reinstall your OS as often as you want for free.

• dfroe said: Because this was some error with their processing system, I opened a ticket describing this issue and I kindly asked them to check the deployment of my VPS.

Well, the result was that they closed my ticket without any reply and cancelled my service. WTF?!

You should have used sentris.net/forum/

• Just got one, RAM was very low but it's OK as you said Punny also as it's free,

Sentris.NET is very slow inhere, someone face the same?