Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest providers in Christchurch and Wellington?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest providers in Christchurch and Wellington?

jamesmejamesme Member
edited March 2016 in Requests

Basically looking for any host in NZ. I've only seen a few hosts offering NZ, and they have all been in Auckland.

Comments

• What about CityLink? We use their dark fibre services and they seem very competent.

• @jamesme said:
    Basically looking for any host in NZ. I've only seen a few hosts offering NZ, and they have all been in Auckland.

What's cheap? The LEB offers I've seen in NZ only exist due to HD (hd.net.nz) in Auckland.

I know QuickWeb (an old LEB favourite) has a presence in Christchurch: http://quickweb.co.nz/quickweb-nz-xen-vps.php

• I know for ZappieHost, they have servers in NZ, have VPS with them and all good for past few months.

• @telephone said:
    I know QuickWeb (an old LEB favourite) has a presence in Christchurch: http://quickweb.co.nz/quickweb-nz-xen-vps.php

I would want to at least have 100 GB of bandwidth, and they charge $149 for just 80 GB.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited March 2016

@jamesme said:
    I would want to at least have 100 GB of bandwidth, and they charge $149 for just 80 GB.

Yep, I don't think you're going to find what you want in Christchurch or Wellington. If you're after international bandwidth you're best bet would be Auckland (due to the undersea cables being there).

Here's a list of LEB-ish providers I know of in Auckland:

• @jamesme NZ is hard, I have a node there for cjdns peers with KgoVPS, and I get 250GB BW a month with rollover and 128mb of ram for under $25/quarter with Xen on quarterly billing. I know if I go over that, Kro (main guy over there) will let me either go over it for free or cheap so long as other users aren't eating a ton of b/w, so I stick with him.

ZappieHost is a better deal if OpenVZ is fine, but I don't care to rock the boat and (for NZ) service has been stable on KgoVPS, usually running a few months of uptime on my boxen. Not going on 9+ months uptimr like some boxes I have stateside, but I can't and do not expect that in NZ.