Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel processors in bulk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel processors in bulk?

mnpeepmnpeep Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could get my hands on a tray (21 ea) or two of E3-1230v2s. I've searched google with no avail.

Anyone know where I could get some?

Here's a picture of multiple trays, if you do not know what they are:

Thanks

Comments

• I doubt one tray is enough for any discount, but maybe Newegg can do this?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Call Intel and say you want to buy a tray. If they say no, they will probably tell you where or give you a list of distributors.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited February 2013

@Jacob

I'm looking at 2 trays. One is an absolute minimum before I have to go and buy them individually.

@raindog308

I'll be sure to do that. Thanks!

• @mnpeep: Tray processors have a different warranty procedure because Intel sells them to PC builders. The price difference to retail processors is smaller than you think; it is sometimes smaller than the commercial discount you can get from a regular Intel distributor for retail processors. You may get discounted tray processors from brokers, but check the warranty conditions. I personally would not bother to seek tray processors for such a small quantity; if your purchase is less than $10K the discount would be minimal, if any.
    Obligatory disclaimer: my opinion is based on the market conditions in my country, YMMV.

• @pcan said: $10K

$240 (without discount) x 42 = $10,080.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think you can get a sizeable discount if you buy 1000 pieces. Below that, you should definitely check overstocks, should be a better deal.

• Yes, intel sells processors in boxes of 1000. Smaller than this - you need a distributor / reseller. Just ask your favorite distributor / parts seller and ask them if they would give you some discount for 21/42 processors.

• @mnpeep if you are still looking for some bulk Intel processors I have some!

• @Zombita said:
    @mnpeep if you are still looking for some bulk Intel processors I have some!

Model and price please

• AmitzAmitz Member

Zombita said: @mnpeep if you are still looking for some bulk Intel processors I have some!

Holy Shit, you just necro'ed a more that 3 (!) years old thread. Someone should spank your ass for this.

• Sorry I didn't know there were rules for that doing that.. New here.

But Im being legit, I have some

• Can you upload a picture on here?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

There is no reason to upload a picture here. Stop it and show some common sense. Who the fuck needs a special rule to understand that offering something that has been searched for 3 years ago is just simple and stupid spamming? Watch your next steps here on LET as I will watch them too.

This discussion has been closed.