Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Email Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Email Hosting

I need some reliable email hosting.

Needs to be able to:

  • Send up to 40,000 emails per month (average is 35,000)

  • Multiple Domains (8 domains)

  • Catchall and redirect to a master email

Some points to note:

  1. Complies with Canadian CAN-SPAM act

  2. Has opt-in, and opt-out

  3. Fully public whois information is on the domains, and users whom get messages opted-in

Let me know if you can supply this, I've looked at big providers like Mailgun (whom closed my account because they didn't believe me, despite showing them proof), Mandrill I was using up until recently when there was issues with successful deliveries (only 40% would deliver for some reason, as opposed to the 85% delivery rate before).

I can pay via one of the following options:

PayPal (Verified)

Visa (Canada)

Mastercard (Canada)

Bitcoin

My preference is either mastercard or bitcoin.

Let me know what you can do. I'm not looking to spend over $100/mo, as with my last provider I ended up spending $450/mo for 8 domains sending emails.

«1

Comments

  • jarjar Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

    https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36

    Basically what you're paying for here is MailChannels. Never get a bounce due to IP reputation issues.

    Thanked by 2GCat kkrajk
  • +1 with mxroute, you will not disapointed how to @jarland make everything goes well in your business.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • I can tell you just host it on a vps as I currently run my mail server off of a vps on my cluster and it is running zimbra ose since that is the easiest setup and maintenance software I have found yet as I have used exchange 2013 before but exchange 2013 was a little too hard to set up and if you did get it setup correctly you better hope you don't mess up anything as anything just a little screw up causes mass chaos trying to fix so that is why I use zimbra instead.

  • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2016

    @GCat said:
    Send up to 40,000 emails per month

    @timnboys, it would appear that you missed the part where the OP wants to send 40k emails on a monthly basis.

    @GCat, outsource it and don't have the hassle of mail delivery. Either use mxroute or work out an alternative with @jarland's advice.

  • it appears I did as I didn't notice the OP was going to use it for what seems like email marketing so if the OP wants to make sure it is delivered use mxroute or use something else for mass email marketing.

  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited March 2016

    jarland said: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36

    Basically what you're paying for here is MailChannels. Never get a bounce due to IP reputation issues.

    You really want people to send 35000 mails a month?
    Will my 5$/y plan work for that?

    Edit: Just saw it is 7.5$/y, sorry.

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    tr1cky said: You really want people to send 35000 mails a month?

    I'm cool with it, but would prefer that they're on the higher cost plan. I'm flexible like a moving truck. I can probably move this over and toss a couch on top of these boxes, but obviously I can't house a thousand couches in it.

    Most people don't have excessive needs in sending so I can take on a few bulk senders as long as my trajectory continues down a positive path to be able to increase costs with MailChannels without impacting percent of profit greatly. I'll probably be upgrading to their $250/m plan soon.

    Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @tr1cky said:
    You really want people to send 35000 mails a month? Will my 5$/y plan work for that?

    So, I guess the answer is:

  • jarland said: Most people don't have excessive needs in sending so I can take on a few bulk senders as long as my trajectory continues down a positive path to be able to increase costs with MailChannels without impacting percent of profit greatly. I'll probably be upgrading to their $250/m plan soon.

    Is there a way to send all mail that bounces because of a blacklist through mxroute and for everything else, use your own server?

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    tr1cky said: Is there a way to send all mail that bounces because of a blacklist through mxroute and for everything else, use your own server?

    Surely, but it would have to be scripted externally.

  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited March 2016

    @jarland without knowing the hygiene of his mailing list and bounce rate (hard/soft), it will be kind of big problem offering him send bulk mail.

    Unless you are planning to isolate these outgoing services on a separate box & IP, you are seriously going to compromise the "reputation" for other domains hosted for emails.

    Over and above...an email provider offering bulk mail service is quite astonishing in itself. Just my 2 cents!

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    mehargags said: Unless you are planning to isolate these outgoing services on a separate box & IP, you are seriously going to compromise the "reputation" for other domains hosted for emails.

    That's the beauty of it, at MXroute you will never face any kind of deliverability penalty due to the actions of other customers. This is due to the fact that I use MailChannels for all outgoing mail. These features define it:

    1. All email goes out from a randomized MailChannels IP address controlled on their end.
    2. All outbound email is filtered.
    3. If an email is rejected due to IP reputation, that email is re-sent from another IP without ever bouncing back to the sender.

    Should any customer begin sending out spam, MailChannels will block those outgoing emails. In the event that they do not, it will not affect other customers due to #1 and #3 above.

    Thanked by 3Kyn_DH TheKiller GCat
  • @jarland said:

    How do you handle SPF records with MailChannels - and other sender verification stuff?

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    @mikeyur said:
    How do you handle SPF records with MailChannels - and other sender verification stuff?

    include:relay.mailchannels.net for SPF, DKIM passes through in the headers and MailChannels doesn't strip it.

    Thanked by 2mike0000 GCat
  • @jarland said:
    include:relay.mailchannels.net for SPF, DKIM passes through in the headers and MailChannels doesn't strip it.

    Gotcha. Just wasn't sure how that worked if they randomize sender IPs. Unless they've got like a bajillion A records for that subdomain. (Mail deliverability isn't something I've dug too far into, I just pay Google/Rackspace/MailChimp/SES/etc and trust that they'll get it where it needs to go).

    Didn't realize MailChannels was local to me either, office is located in Vancouver.

  • blackblack Member
    edited March 2016

    @jarland To include mailchannels as SPF record, it looks something like

     v=spf1 include:relay.mailchannels.net -all 

    as a TXT DNS record, right?

  • @jarland said:
    include:relay.mailchannels.net for SPF, DKIM passes through in the headers and MailChannels doesn't strip it.

    Okay, DKIM is pretty straightforward, but you lost me on the SPF… when using your service, you ask clients to input:

    v=spf1 +a +mx include:mxroute.com -all

  • aglodek said: but you lost me on the SPF

    Including mxroute.com should include its includes, and so on and so forth, right?

    Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @ihatetonyy said: Including mxroute.com should include its includes, and so on and so forth, right?

    Interesting. Any limitation on how deep can this kind of including go?

  • @jarland said:
    https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36

    Basically what you're paying for here is MailChannels. Never get a bounce due to IP reputation issues.

    cPanel really sucks for using as just SMTP, VestaCP you just make an email account and use it's SMTP details to send all emails, and you only have a single login for webmail - whereas cPanel you need to make different accounts for different sending addresses and I never got it working.

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    @linuxthefish said:
    cPanel really sucks for using as just SMTP, VestaCP you just make an email account and use it's SMTP details to send all emails, and you only have a single login for webmail - whereas cPanel you need to make different accounts for different sending addresses and I never got it working.

    Hmm? Should be equal in that regard. But you should always SMTP authenticate with the address you want to send as or its effectively spoofing the "From" header and it reduces your chance of inbox delivery.

    @aglodek said:
    Interesting. Any limitation on how deep can this kind of including go?

    There surely is but I haven't had any SPF errors with MailChannels relating to recursion limits.

  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

    @GCat

    If you are still looking, I may have something for you. Drop me a PM if interested.

  • @GCat You can use $5 MXroute plan for receiving emails and SparkPost's free plan with 100,000 emails included each month, for sending your emails (to not use too much of MXroute's outgoing MailChannels quota).

    By the way, @jarland will there still be any offer with MXroute for $5 per year? :) I will need that type of affordable account for receiving email and replying to it (no spam or mass sending). :)

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    Hosted said: will there still be any offer with MXroute for $5 per year?

    Probably not. I'm particularly not pleased with the ticket volume they generate. Loss leaders that increase manual intervention requirements make me sad :(

    Thanked by 1GCat
  • Awww c'mon @jarland! Cut the annoying customers and please give us a $5/year deal that'll inspire us to pull out our wallets in an instant.

    Thanked by 1Hosted
  • jarjar Patron Provider

    @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Awww c'mon jarland! Cut the annoying customers and please give us a $5/year deal that'll inspire us to pull out our wallets in an instant.

    I went the other direction, spring special in my signature :P

    Thanked by 1Four20
  • springhost :-)

  • akhfaakhfa Member

    How can I migrate email from google for works to your service @jarland ?

  • SashiSashi Member

    @jarland said:
    Probably not. I'm particularly not pleased with the ticket volume they generate. Loss leaders that increase manual intervention requirements make me sad :(

    I don't generate that many tickets :(

  • @Sashi said:
    I don't generate that many tickets :(

    Same.

Sign In or Register to comment.