Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question About Minstall User Account Directories
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question About Minstall User Account Directories

ancapaaronancapaaron Member
edited February 2013 in Help

Hi
I'm new here, but have been a lurker for quite some time. The lowend family are easily my go to websites for everything regarding VPS's. I have setup a few LEMP setups on different VPS's by hand, and have always done it the Debian way with sites-available and sites-enabled directories. For my new VPS I opted to go with a bootstrap script to get things up and running, and decided to go with maxexcloo's Minstall bash scripts. Everything worked perfectly, and his scripts were able to get a system up and running for me in no time flat.

I was pretty surprised to see the conf.d setup in /etc at first, but in about 10 minutes I felt right at home with it. It's really not that much different from the old way I had been using. My question, as the title of this thread implies, is about the directories Minstall sets up on each user account within the http folder.

I had figured out pretty quickly that hosts is where the document roots for my vhosts go, and I figured out that logs are where the log files go. It wasn't immediately obvious what the private folder was for, but then I noticed in php-fpm's setup that the socket file goes there. My question is regarding the purpose of the "common" directory. Being someone who likes to scratch my own itch I dug through the source code of the Git Hub project trying to find out what it's used for. I was able to find the snippet of bash code where the four directories are created in manage-common.sh. Figuring I had probably missed something I decided I would dig further through the source of the entire project on my local system using grep. I was not able to turn up what the purpose of the directory is for. Does anyone here know what purpose it serves?

Thanks in advance...