Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blazing Fast Pure SSD VPS Servers Open VP with IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blazing Fast Pure SSD VPS Servers Open VP with IPv6

BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Blazing Fast Pure SSD VPS Servers Un Managed Open VZ

CenTex Hosting is proud to offer some of the fastest VPS servers around.

Data Center: USA.Orlando DC2

24/7 Support chat and ticket system

We now have IPv6

Looking Glass Link: http://lg-orl.centexhosting.com/

256 Mb Virtual Private Serve

256 MB Memory

10 GB SSD Disk Space

1 core processor

500 GB Bandwidth

1 IPV4

OpenVZ

Order Now for only 12.75 a Year after 15% discount. Use promo code: let15

512 MB Virtual Private Server

512 MB Memory

20 GB SSD Disk Space

2 Core processor

1 TB Bandwidth

1 IPV4

OpenVZ

Order Now for only 5.95 a month after 15% discount. Use promo code: let15

Comments

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited March 2016

edit

• RizRiz Member

Are you a registered business? Is there a reason your whois information is private?

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@RIz
    This has been covered several times. Yes we are a registered Corp in the state of TEXAS. Who is is private to cut spammers out.

• RizRiz Member

Can you please show me where you said this in the past as @CenTexHosting? Where can I find your corporate information?

The address listed on your domain is just a virtual office..

Do you own your own hardware?

@Riz

The building that our office is in also has Virtual offices as well, but we do have an office in that building.

Yes we own our hardware and have them set up in Colocation.

@Awmusic12635
    That is correct

We just launched that today as we are opening up in our own Data Center June 1. Moving out of Colo with other data centers that also offer hosting.

We are moving into a Data Center Here in Austin that doesn't offer web hosting they are a true data center.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@CentexHosting Why should people pay for your business expenses?

"Long term Crowed Funding Goal is 75k"

You want to raise over 75k...

I do not see how this could possibly be a stable business model

@awmusic12635

Why not list it? As you know its not cheap. If we can have friends and family help then why not ask. If no one does it no big deal.

If we raise that then we would able to move things along faster than just doing it as we grow.

Example.

Will be adding in a KVM server, and window servers with in the next two months. Plus we have a long term plan on things that we will be adding along the way.

If we can raise funds then we are able to do it faster and bring those services to our customers faster.

• RizRiz Member

@CenTexHosting while it's not cheap, these things should be considered with a business plan.

Why have you purchased reviews on the internet? Along with that, looks like you purchased quite a bit of article reposting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Centex+Hosting+Launches+Newly+Redesigned+Website+To+Herald+Expansion+Into+VPS+Hosting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

• RizRiz Member

Also - going back to my question, where can I found your corporate information online?

@Riz

I have never bought a review. Each review that we have on us is from a customer that has an active account with us.

Here you go

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=ctx hosting &Button=search&Search_ID=32058769517

• RizRiz Member

If you're looking for "friends and family" to fund you, then why does this post say that one of your "support guys" told you about WHT?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512728

@Riz

I am not sure what your issue is. But yes I have staff that works for me, and yes one of those guys told me about WHT which I am active on and post on regular.

I am not a one man show. I have support staff 24/7

Yes friends, family, customers or who ever would like to help us grow that is fine. if you don't wont to support don't.

Its another option on the table. Instead of doing a business loan to do the expanding that I wanted to do I figured I would try this.

And to answer your other question yes we have a business plan and are following it as we go.

If the crowdfunding does nothing we are still moving into the data center here in Austin on June 1.

This just would help move things along faster.

• RizRiz Member

Your business was registered in November, yet your WHT post is from September. How did you legally have employees working for you?

I don't doubt your ambition, but rather your character.

The google link above looks like purchased marketing to me.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Centex+Hosting+Launches+Newly+Redesigned+Website+To+Herald+Expansion+Into+VPS+Hosting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

@Riz

There is a thing that is called doing business as. Which is how we started out. Before that I had a marketing company for 8 years that we had hosting customers with.

When I sold that company they did not want the customers that we were hosting sites for. So i set up a DBA and just hosted those customers.

AS business grew I hired EMP. Then I decided the next step as we keep growing was to set up a Corp and that is what I did. Then we moved to our own hard ware instead of using leased systems.

All part of the process as you grow.

Yes one of our customers doest marketing and we hired them to put out a press release. And as a add bonus they put other links out. Was trying to do business within the family.

Next time I would be using Pr web do put the release out.

If you notice by all my post any where. I help and recommend things. I believe there is enough business for everyone and no reason to bash anyone.

My hosting might not be the right fit for everyone, but the ones that do decide to go with us we will do our best to take care of you and give the best support as possible.

Not perfect but we work hard to fix any issue or address anything customers bring to us.

anyways in a nut shell there you go. started off small and we keep growing so We are doing something right.

• b6688b6688 Member
    edited March 2016

Hi CenTextHosting,

I am proud to be your customers as I am using 1 of your SSD VPS and really satisfy with your services and also enjoy the high performance of your server. I have also requested for several things including

1. Increasing VSwap to 512MB
    2. IPv6 added into my VPS
    3. Enhancing the Control Panel Security by accessing using https instead of http
    4. Request for Referral Link have been Approved within 24 hours.
      Here is the first Referral for CenTextHosting.

This is my affiliate ID:
      https://centexhosting.com/clients/aff.php?aff=2

Note:

• I am from Malaysia and I have no relationship with Brady. I knew him after using their VPS server and found out that their support is really good.

Brady was so helpful and helping me to solved all the request within a weeks of time. I can't imaging how fast he fixed my request but he is really fast. You can see the performance of my VPS server.

This is how I test my VPS Server with 256MB RAM

1. PHP Performance Test

http://www.php-benchmark-script.com/

| PHP BENCHMARK SCRIPT |

Start : 2016-03-24 00:06:48

Server : ***********************

PHP version : 7.0.4

Platform : Linux

test_math : 0.285 sec.

test_stringmanipulation : 0.348 sec.

test_loops : 0.214 sec.

test_ifelse : 0.146 sec.

Total time: : 0.993 sec.

2. Speed Test

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest_cli.py
    chmod +x speedtest-cli

./speedtest-cli

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Testing from HostDime.com (107.xxx.xxx.xxx)...

Selecting best server based on latency...

Hosted by CCI Systems, Inc (Lake Buena Vista) [40.09 km]: 26.72 ms

Testing download speed........................................

Download: 421.30 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed..................................................

Upload: 151.48 Mbit/s

3. Benchmark Test

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

Benchmark started on Thu Mar 24 13:56:32 CST 2016

Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Cores : 1

Frequency : 1200.000 MHz

Memory : 256 MB

Swap : MB

Uptime : 40 days, 2:11,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab113.11

Hostname : xxxxxxxx

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 107.xxx.xxx.xxx

Location Provider Speed

CDN Cachefly 105MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 90.5MB/s

Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 47.7MB/s

Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 26.4MB/s

San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 27.4MB/s

Washington, DC, US Softlayer 26.2MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 11.2MB/s

Singapore Softlayer 7.89MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 12.2MB/s

Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 16.0MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 757 MB/s

I/O (2nd run) : 947 MB/s

I/O (3rd run) : 1.0 GB/s

Average I/O : 568.333 MB/s

Edit:

• to include the support ticket have been closed within a short period of time.

http://imgur.com/vcaf3mK

• RizRiz Member
    edited March 2016

@ b6688 Are you from the future with your review?

Benchmark started on Thu Mar 24 13:56:32 CST 2016

• b6688 said: I/O (1st run) : 757 MB/s

I/O (2nd run) : 947 MB/s

I/O (3rd run) : 1.0 GB/s

Average I/O : 568.333 MB/s

Average I/O should be 901.333, not 568.333

Something tells me that you edited your scores and forgot about that one lol

• b6688b6688 Member

@Riz said:

I have stated clearly that I am from Malaysia. Current time is 22:43. Anyway, I saw your message and nothing go wrong with my VPS server on benchmark. This benmark was taken after I back from lunch today.

I provide Honest Review as I will keep posting more reviews to this site since after partially leaving Digital Ocean. I was addicted to LET. I was crazy and bought quite a lots of VPS from LET. Don't know why but just feel like the price was too cheap. You will see my reviews posting in the Review section when the time reach.

@FredQc:
    I agree with you that the Average I/O was wrong but that is the tool that I am using to benchmark it.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

I am thinking that the bench.sh script was incorrect. From my post, I was edit to include only the image for Support Ticket. No editing on the scores. Everything in original result.

If possible, please provide a good benchmark tool if you have any. I will do it again and post here. Thanks You for alert me.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited March 2016

@FredQc said:

That's just how the script works. It's an old script, wasn't coded properly to handle speeds over 1GBps. It doesn't convert 1 GB to 1024 MBs, so it's added as just 1.0 MB to the scores of the other two runs and the average is calculated accordingly.

So,
    757 + 947 + 1 = 1705/3 = 568.333.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • b6688b6688 Member

@Junkless said:

Thanks you for your clarification and it really help me to understand how the old script work and was not properly handle the speed over 1GB.

Hi @FredQc:

The correct calculation should be:

757 + 947 + 1024 = 909.3333

Average I/O should be 909.3333 but not 568.333

I am using the minimum 256MB VPS server with just 12.75 a Year. I think this price is very cheap with a super high performance. There will be no complaint at all since I have using it for the past 40 days without any downtime.

• RizRiz Member

I still don't trust it.

@Riz

I would be glad to give you an account for a day so you can run your own speed test. Would you trust that then?